Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Huawei E160 driver for Win98?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

• Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Joined 20-January 07
I wonder if there Is there a driver for the Huawei E160 (UMTS-USB device)?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

MSFN Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
  • Joined 21-June 06

I've asked the same for U120s a while ago and the reply was a firm "no". The drivers are strongly tied to the NT kernel and it would require a complete rewrite, which nobody here has the time and will to perform.

I'm not familiar with the E160 model but if it accepts a microSD as U120s does, then you can use it in card reader mode, with the help of Maximus-Decim's Native USB driver (NUSB). It won't help in synchronizing the address book (through HUAWEI PC Assistant) or any other phone-specific function, but you'll at least be able to manipulate the files on the memory card without having to remove it.

A tip: if it doesn't accept MP3 but accepts WAV, you can easily convert MP3s to WAV by using NCH Switch, with little quality loss and neglectable file size increase (IMADCPM 22050 Hz stereo).

(took me almost seven years to fix the small typos in here...)

Edited by Drugwash, 03 May 2015 - 12:46 PM.

• 1 posts
  • Joined 02-May 15

About modems more important.
Whale driver can help in this case?

А что же с Win98/ME/2000? До ~2010 г. еще можно было найти готовые драйверы, но не сейчас. Остался лишь один вариант — смастерить их самому, что несложно. 

For example, many modems can be switched to "modem only" mode or "NIC".
Example: E171, E173

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users