Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Nforce2 chipset drivers unattended

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

squidy

squidy
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 14-December 03
How do I only install the chipset drivers for unattended install? I want to avoid installing the Audio drivers and display and All the rest, I just want the basic drivers. I downloaded the 3.13 drivers from Nvidia and it created c:\nvidia so which files do I need? I don't want display, audio, network or whatever else as I have my own drivers. No point installing old drivers if I just have to uninstall, then reinstall never drivers.

Thanks.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

DogMeat

DogMeat
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 11-December 03
I did this by simply copying all the seperate folders to a single folder, but I didn't copy the display directory since I wanted newer drivers. Then I just pointed my winnt.sif OemPnPDriversPath="drivers\nForce\newdir" and since it only sees the inf's in that dir it skips any that aren't in it. So for you copy the few select dirs to one then you should be all set.

DogMeat
DogMeat

squidy

squidy
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 14-December 03
Thanks dude, I'll check it out.

czaja74

czaja74

• PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Joined 28-August 02
What I have done was :
Downloaded whole package from NVidia site and unziped straight to the E:\CD\$OEM$\$1\Drivers folder. Next I added the line to winnt.sif:
OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\001_SMBus;Drivers\a002_MemCtlDrivers\003_gart;Drivers\004_scanner;Drivers\005_printer;Drivers\lan;Drivers\sata
I have deleted few of them because for examle NVidia IDE driver was causing some troubles and MS one was ok.
Dont forget to change OemPreinstall=No to OemPreinstall=Yes
Good luck

disgraceful33

disgraceful33

Junior

• Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 16-November 03
what i found easier and smoother was to download the nvidia nforce package, and then copy all of the contents of each individual folder into one folder and just create a path to that one.

(i.e. copy the gart, ide, ethernet folders all into the main one and then just set the oemdrivers callout to driver/nforce)

for some reason, calling out to more than one folder in the oemdrivers line didnt work correctly, so this made it easier for me.

m4chine

m4chine
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 11-September 03
Tnx - works perfect!

squidy

squidy
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 14-December 03
Thanks heaps guys, it works a dream :)

czaja74

czaja74

• PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Joined 28-August 02

what i found easier and smoother was to download the nvidia nforce package, and then copy all of the contents of each individual folder into one folder and just create a path to that one.

(i.e. copy the gart, ide, ethernet folders all into the main one and then just set the oemdrivers callout to driver/nforce)

for some reason, calling out to more than one folder in the oemdrivers line didnt work correctly, so this made it easier for me.

I didn't think about it but sounds good too. I will give a try. BTW did you noticed any slown downs on the boot up. I mean right on the end when programs like firewall and norton are loaded?

m2pmd70

m2pmd70

• 14 posts
  • Joined 23-November 03
I used this http://unattended.MS...stallshield.htm method. When I just put 'em in the folders and directed winnt.sif to 'em everything worked ok, but the Soundstorm icon wouldn't appear in the systray no matter what i did. I just put this line
%dbg%start /wait %systemdrive%\Drivers\nForce\setup.exe -S /f2"%userprofile%\nforce_setup.log"
as the last entry in my runonce.cmd. Works great. I have original Nforce, btw... should work the same.

big poppa pump

big poppa pump

Damn Newbies!!

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Joined 10-September 03
Or just use this to setup soundstorm control panel in system tray

RunDll32.exe SETUPAPI.DLL,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall.ntx86 132 %systemdrive%\drivers\nforce\AudioUtl\nvautils.inf

DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert || Opty 165 CCBBE 0610DPMW @ 3.01Ghz (335*9) - 1.52V, TT Big Typhoon w/120mm Panaflo
2 x G.SKILL F1-4000USU2-2GBHZ || BBA Radeon 1900XTX || X-Mystique DD 5.1 with/ Pioneer THX 1015TX
2*74GB Raptors - Raid 0 || 2*300GB Seagate 7200.9 NCQ SATA-II || 4*Hitachi 500GB 7K500 || Mad Dog Triple Format DL DVD+/-RW/DVD-Ram
OCZ GameXstream 700W || CM Stacker STC-01 || 2 * Dell 2405FPW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users