TP-LINK TL-WN620G Wireless Network Drivers

ijwcomp

Hello..

I am trying to get my TP-LINK TL-WN620G USB wireless network adapter to work with Windows XP x64.

It uses the Atheros AR5523 Chipset.

I have tried looking in Google and found drivers for XP 32bit, Vista 32bit and Vista 64bit but no XP 64bit.

I have also tried looking in here.. http://www.atheros.cz/ but no drivers matching Windows XP 64bit can be found.

Any help in making it work with my system would be appreciated. I have tried using the Windows Vista 64bit drivers but it didn't work.

Have you tried force-feeding the windows vista x64 drivers to windows xp x64?

You may need to try extracting the driver files out of a packaged setup.exe or something prior to the following.

Go to device manager, click update driver in the properties tab for your device. DONT let it do an automatic search, point it to the directory where the vista x64 drivers are and let it search there. If it doesn't take them, try to do the have disk method. Google it and try it as a last resort.

Hope this helps, I don't seem to have been successful in finding x64 drivers either and according to the manufacturers website the drivers are from 2007 which is a while ago.

If they can't be bothered with driver updates, who says they were bothered with xp x64 drivers?! :)