Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Auto Play Media Studio 7

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

JenniferArden

JenniferArden

Junior

• Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Joined 24-December 06
Hi all,

APMS 7 not working / something weird going on. When I create a new button and want to add the appropriate action I cant type anything in the Quick Action / Action to Run field where the execuatable must be, also when I browse its very slow to display folder contents. When it eventually does show the contents and I choose winnt32.exe, I click preview, then I click on the button I created (to install XP) and I get errors. APMS changes the path to its own liking so winnt32.exe doesn't work. I can also not select the Working Folder properly, I only get CD Root or Autorun.

Does anyone know of a better utility to create autorun menus?

:rolleyes:
Core2Quad Q8300, 4GB DDR II, ASUS P5QL-EM M/B, ATI Radeon 6670 1GB DDR 5, 500GB Seagate SATA II HD, Realtek 8CH HD Audio, ASUS DRW-24B3LT DVD 24X Lightscribe, Gigabyte GZ-M2 chassis, 320W ATX PSU, Meisner 1200VA XT1200 UPS, 19" PackardBell Calisto LCD

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

hessam

hessam

• PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Joined 15-December 07
1.create project
2.create newfolder name(I386) in CD_Root in the My Project
3.copy WINNT32.EXE into I386
4.now goto button propertis in tab quick action set when object clicked to a run program
file to run: I386\\WINNT32.EXE
working folder I386

JenniferArden

JenniferArden

Junior

• Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Joined 24-December 06
Hi Hessam :hello:

Thank you for replying, I will follow your instructions and hopefully it can work lol :) How good are you with visual styles? I have a question about something visual style related.

Thanks again,

Jen
Core2Quad Q8300, 4GB DDR II, ASUS P5QL-EM M/B, ATI Radeon 6670 1GB DDR 5, 500GB Seagate SATA II HD, Realtek 8CH HD Audio, ASUS DRW-24B3LT DVD 24X Lightscribe, Gigabyte GZ-M2 chassis, 320W ATX PSU, Meisner 1200VA XT1200 UPS, 19" PackardBell Calisto LCD

JenniferArden

JenniferArden

Junior

• Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Joined 24-December 06
I forgot to ask something else about APMS, how do I create submenus like in the original XP setup.exe file?

JenniferArden

JenniferArden

Junior

• Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Joined 24-December 06
How can I make the different options display information about the option when the mouse hovers on any option? For example: Install / Upgrade Windows option

Choose the upgrade option to automatically upgrade your current version of Windows. Upgrading preserves your installe dprograms, data files and existing computer settings Choose the New Installation option to replace Windows or to install on a separate disk / partition. Existing programs, data files and settings will be lost.

During upgrade / new installation it is normal for your system to restart a few imes and for the screen to go blank for a short while.

q123

q123

q123

• Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Joined 06-August 08

How can I make the different options display information about the option when the mouse hovers on any option? For example: Install / Upgrade Windows option

select a button >go to button properties>attributes>type in Tool Tip to show it when the mouse hovers on that button
Attached File  untitled.PNG   53.95KB   50 downloads

Attached File  tled.PNG   53.95KB   30 downloads

Attached Files

• Attached File  tled.PNG   63.55KB   13 downloads

Edited by q123, 09 January 2009 - 08:44 AM.

thanx for WPI program

q123

q123

q123

• Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Joined 06-August 08

Hi all,

APMS 7 not working / something weird going on. When I create a new button and want to add the appropriate action I cant type anything in the Quick Action / Action to Run field where the execuatable must be, also when I browse its very slow to display folder contents. When it eventually does show the contents and I choose winnt32.exe, I click preview, then I click on the button I created (to install XP) and I get errors. APMS changes the path to its own liking so winnt32.exe doesn't work. I can also not select the Working Folder properly, I only get CD Root or Autorun.

Does anyone know of a better utility to create autorun menus?

:rolleyes:

Autoplay media studio is my favourite , but it does take a while to get used to it.

to run winnt32.exe go to button properties >in that go to script tab>select onclick

type in :

File.Open("I386\\Winnt32.exe", "", SW_SHOWNORMAL);

see the thumbnail below for explantion
Attached File  auto.PNG   54.09KB   50 downloads

Edited by q123, 09 January 2009 - 09:36 AM.

thanx for WPI program

JenniferArden

JenniferArden

Junior

• Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Joined 24-December 06
Q123 thank you very much for your help I really appreciate it a lot, I am going to try your instructions ASAP.

Jen

xanthux

xanthux
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 14-May 09
Nice :)
Oversized pics removed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users