Nlite 1.4.9.1 and Windows XP Pro 64 Bit SP2

furballi

Greetings,

I'm using Nlite 1.4.9.1 to remove some components from Windows XP Pro 64 bit SP2. The source CD works fine if installed as-is, but when I use Nlite 1.4.9.1 to remove some components, then I ended up with corruption in IE (cannot launch Internet Explorer). In some cases, the "program files" folders (both 32 bit and 64 bit) in the C partition would not contain any data.

As a test, I copied all the data on the WXP Pro 64 bit SP2 installation CD to the hard drive and use Nlite to create an ISO image file with no other change made to the operating system. The next step is to burn this ISO image file to a disc and use this disc to install Windows WXP. There was no issue with the installation, but I still could not launch IE.

WXP Pro 32 bit SP3 works fine with Nlite. Also no problem with Vista Ultimate 64 SP1 and Vlite.

TIA,

T

furballi, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure you are not running nLite more than once against the same source and integrate only one SP. It sounds like you have run nLite multiple times without using a fresh copy of your CD files/folders or possibly you have run nLite under an OS that is not 64 bit. I use XP x64, have made many ISOs and have had no such problems. Here is a link for an great XP x64 guide for a complete installation. Best of luck, John.

furballi, I see you are running nLite under 32 bit Vista. This is probably not going to work. You can try running nLite in compatibility mode. Go to nLite.exe in where programs are in Vista (C:\Programs\nLite on my XP x64) and right click-select Properties-click Compatibility tab-check 'Run this program in compatibility.....' and select a mode that seems best, perhaps XP SP2. I don't have a Vista machine to look at now. If you don't slipstream an SP, it is possible it will work, but I suspect it will not - worth a try. Your best bet is to find a machine running XP x64. Enjoy, John.

Try using a x64 computer to integrate Windows XP x64...

It wouldn't slipstream to SP2 or add/remove anything properly when I tried it with Windows XP x86/Server 2003 x86. So I ended up installing Windows XP x64 onto my new computer to make a nLited version of it and so far, it is working!

Edited by ijwcomp

furballi,you still have the same problems after the install as at the start of this topic? The Last Session indicates you have .NET 2.0 not 3. I don't know that this makes any difference, but earlier you said you had installed .NET 3.0. I see nothing in your Last Session that should cause this problem. Have you tried any testing on a virtual system (VirtualBox or VMware Server, both free)? Enjoy, John.

Thanks all for your help. I borrowed another CD and no more issue. The actual hard drive read-write speed (copy file from one partition to another partition) of XP 32-bit SP3 is about 10% faster compared to XP 64-bit SP2 (~40 vs 37 MB/s). This is with a clean-installation. The hard drive speed of Vista 64-bit SP1 is also similar to that of XP 64-bit SP2. Suspect this is related to a driver in 64-bit environment. I'm using a Seagate/Maxtor 320GB 7200.10 drive.

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem here.when i install the original ISO of windows xp x64 SP2,there isn't any problem.when i use nlite and remove some components i have several problems.first of all,quick launch doesn't work.it says cannot create toolbar.second,internet explorer also doesn't work.it is not existed in any of the programm files folder.and finally i don't have greek regional settings and greek keyboard.with nlite i removed all other languages and keyboards except greek.(I use windows xp x64 SP2 with NET 3.5 SP1)and also when i try to install directX 9.0 it stops me all the time saying something about digital rights...

Edited by dimfas