Silent .NET Maker synthesized 20100118 - W2K/XP/2K3 x86

strel

I'll change this for the next version.
i'll wait for your next ver :)
Both 2.0 framework process settings are yes at the same in the original .ini file, because It is not expected the user to download 2 different sources (single and redistributable) to process 2.0 framework from (and in that case an error message is displayed).
just a suggestion, perhaps it must be noted in the 1st post not to have both present.
It is intended for the user to be able to start the process without changing the .ini file for the general use.
precisely what i did in my initial run (not modifying anything) ... the only deviation being was the presence of both (NetFx20SP2_x86.exe & dotnetfx35.exe) sources in the work folder. again, noting in the 1st post would help. or perhaps, a modification in the script to skip or ignore specific line(s) if both are present but to be processed only from 1 source - dotnetfx35.exe being the latest (which incidentally contains .net 2.0 already). thanks again strel! Edited by Kiki Burgh

hi strel! how about this for a result as per your suggestion: XPDNF11SP120SP230SP235SP1.7z (abt 42.9mb)? below shows contents of the work folder (paths included):

E:\SNMSynth\OUT1

E:\SNMSynth\OUT1\PROCESSDATA.TXT

E:\SNMSynth\OUT1\XPDNF11SP120SP230SP235SP1.7z

E:\SNMSynth\_20SP2_KB974417FIX.7z

E:\SNMSynth\_20SP#_SLIMMING.7z

E:\SNMSynth\_20SP#LNGbr_KB829019FIX.7z

E:\SNMSynth\_30SP2_REMFONTCACHEFIX.7z

E:\SNMSynth\_30SP#LNG_KB928416FIX.7z

E:\SNMSynth\_35SP1_KB963707FIX_NOFFADDONPROPERTY.7z

E:\SNMSynth\_35SP#_SLIMMING.7z

E:\SNMSynth\_KB951847FIX.7z

E:\SNMSynth\_REM_MSI_BLOCKING.7z

E:\SNMSynth\7za.exe

E:\SNMSynth\dotnetfx.exe

E:\SNMSynth\dotnetfx35.exe

E:\SNMSynth\NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe

E:\SNMSynth\NDP1.1sp1-KB953297-X86.exe

E:\SNMSynth\NDP20SP2-KB958481-x86.exe

E:\SNMSynth\NDP20SP2-KB974417-x86.exe

E:\SNMSynth\NDP30SP2-KB958483-x86.exe

E:\SNMSynth\NDP35SP1-KB958484-x86.exe

E:\SNMSynth\NDP35SP1-KB963707-x86.exe

E:\SNMSynth\upx.exe

E:\SNMSynth\WindowsServer2003-KB971276-v2-x86-ENU.exe

E:\SNMSynth\WindowsXP-KB971276-v3-x86-ENU.exe

E:\SNMSynth\_SNMsynth.ini

E:\SNMSynth\7zSD.sfx

E:\SNMSynth\msxml6.msi

E:\SNMSynth\_SNMsynth.cmd

E:\SNMSynth\20091105_SNMsynth.zip

i've yet to try the processed product though via svcpack in my UA install. i copied from the cmd window what went on as may be seen below:

Cleaning work folder...

Checking .NET stuff to build installer(s)/addon(s) for XP...

NOTE: 3.0 SP2 XPS driver will be updated with WindowsXP-KB971276-v3-x86-ENU.exe
patched with the latest files from WindowsServer2003-KB971276-v2-x86-ENU.exe

** Processing .NET 1.1 package...
Processing NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe...
Processing NDP1.1sp1-KB953297-X86.exe...

** Processing .NET 3.5 SP1 redistributable package...
** Processing .NET 2.0 SP2 portion...
Processing NDP20SP2-KB958481-x86.exe...
Processing NDP20SP2-KB974417-x86.exe...
** Processing .NET 3.0 SP2 portion...
Updating XPS driver with latest files from XP+2K3 KB971376...
Processing NDP30SP2-KB958483-x86.exe...
** Processing .NET 3.5 SP1 portion...
Processing NDP35SP1-KB958484-x86.exe...
Processing NDP35SP1-KB963707-x86.exe...

Creating merged .NET 1.1 SP1, .NET 2.0 SP2,
.NET 3.0 SP2, .NET 3.5 SP1 passive installer....
Creating merged .NET 1.1 SP1, .NET 2.0 SP2,
.NET 3.0 SP2, .NET 3.5 SP1 passive add-on...

DONE!

Remove .\TMP folder? (Y/N) Y

Cleaning work folder...

kindly see if everything went well as far as the process is concerned. pls see attached text file (PROCESSDATA.txt) too for your review. thanks!

PROCESSDATA.TXT

Edited by Kiki Burgh

You are building an add-on for nLite-RVMI, for HFSLIP you need a switchless installer I think, you can extract it from the add-on.
hi strel! quick Q: wouldn't i need entries_XPDNF11SP120SP230SP235SP1.ini if i extract only XPDNF11SP120SP230SP235SP1.exe from the SVCPACK folder inside the compressed XPDNF11SP120SP230SP235SP1.7z to HFSVCPACK (of HFSLIP)? i'll ask the same in HFSLIP forum. thanks!

hi strel! pardon me for asking but wouldn't your script be more complete if it included .NET Framework 1.0 SP3? or is it not necessary?

kindly look at my other posts lately too. i'll wait for your feedback.

thanks!

Edited by Kiki Burgh

New version released.

Bugs fixed and new features added, specially support to build RunOnceEx add-ons.

Let me know if you find bugs.

Enjoy! :thumbup

Kiki Burgh

You better use new version. It seems you are in the right path with your process. I'm not a user of HFSLIP, but I think it need switchless installers for HFSVCPACK, so you'll need .exe installer(s) only. And 1.1 superseeded 1.0 SP3.

Edited by strel

New version released.

Kiki Burgh

You better use new version. It seems you are in the right path with your process. I'm not a user of HFSLIP, but I think it need switchless installers for HFSVCPACK, so you'll need .exe installer(s) only. And 1.1 superseeded 1.0 SP3.

appreciate this strel!

EDIT:just wanted to verify this part:

; -------  SPECIAL
; -- ALSOINSTALLERS=YES beside add-on(s) (any XXXADDONS=YES), also output switchless installer(s) compatible with HFSLIP.

setting this to YES is the one for me, right as i use hfslip? just need to rename XPDNF11SP120SP230SP235SP1.exe to something like DNAIO.exe to conform to the 8.3 file name format. already did a "hiccup-less" run btw. :) just merely confirming ... thanks again.

Edited by Kiki Burgh

New version released.

Bugs fixed and new features added, specially support to build RunOnceEx add-ons.

Let me know if you find bugs.

Enjoy! :thumbup

Just tested your new version for 2k and XP. It worked flawlessly.

Thanks for fixing the problem when running for 2k.

Another great job, strel. You rock!

M2GD

KikiBurgh

ALSOINSTALLERS=YES takes effect only if one or both of T13ADDONS=YES and/or ROEADDONS=YES are present. In this case also output installers (.exe file(s)); add-on(s) setting(s) =YES normally don't give them as output (because you can extract them from the add-ons); with no add-ons settings =YES script gives installers (.exe file(s)) output.

Everybody

I'm interested in knowing if any of you use an OS (host or target) without Workstation service running, or with this service removed completely, as this method, in the last versions, is relying in this service to determine OS version (host and target) for building process and resultant installers/add-ons (except during setup process) respectively. May this require a change.

KikiBurgh

ALSOINSTALLERS=YES takes effect only if one or both of T13ADDONS=YES and/or ROEADDONS=YES are present. In this case also output installers (.exe file(s)); add-on(s) setting(s) =YES normally don't give them as output (because you can extract them from the add-ons); with no add-ons settings =YES script gives installers (.exe file(s)) output.

hmm ... so what i've come up with recently could be incomplete (might have made incorrect settings) ... pls see my PROCESSDATA.txt. thanks for the clarif strel!

PROCESSDATA.TXT

hi strel! thanks for the quick reply. i however did not set YES to the others as you've posted. this is how it looks like in my run:

[font="Courier New"]PROCESS_DNF11=YES[/font]
[font="Courier New"]PROCESS_DNF20=[/font] [color="#0000FF"][i](left this line blank)[/i][/color]
[font="Courier New"]PROCESS_DNF35_DNF20=YES
PROCESS_DNF35_DNF30=YES
PROCESS_DNF35_DNF35=YES

DNF20_VC8_RUNTIME=YES
DNF20_OFFICE2K3_DEBUGGER=YES

DNF30_RGB_RASTERIZER=YES
DNF30_WIC=YES
DNF30_MSXML6=YES
DNF30_XPS=YES

DNF35_FF_ADDON=YES
DNF35_VC9_RUNTIME=YES[/font]

[color="#0000FF"][i](left all the succeeding lines blank)[/i][/color]
[font="Courier New"]PROCESS_LNG_DNF11=
PROCESS_LNG_DNF20=
PROCESS_LNG_DNF35_DNF20=
PROCESS_LNG_DNF35_DNF30=
PROCESS_LNG_DNF35_DNF35=[/font]

[font="Courier New"]TARGETOS=[b]XP[/b][/font]
[font="Courier New"]T13ADDONS=[/font] [color="#0000FF"][i](left this line blank as opposed to your suggestion of setting this to [font="Courier New"]YES[/font] together with [font="Courier New"]ALSOINSTALLERS[/font])[/i][/color]
[font="Courier New"]ROEADDONS=[/font] [color="#0000FF"][i](left this line blank also)[/i][/color]
[font="Courier New"]ALSOINSTALLERS=[b]YES[/b]
MERGE_FRAMEWORKS=[b]YES[/b]
SILENT= [/font][i][color="#0000FF"](blank by default)[/color][/i]
[font="Courier New"]UPX_SFX= [/font][i][color="#0000FF"](blank by default)[/color][/i]
[font="Courier New"]COMPRESSION_RATIO= [/font][i][color="#0000FF"](blank by default)[/color][/i]

end product was slightly smaller in size DNFAIO.exe (not .7z & renamed from XPDNF11SP120SP230SP235SP1.exe) going to try now setting both:

T13ADDONS=YES &

ALSOINSTALLERS=YES.

EDIT 1: results with the 2 values above set to YES produced 2 files in OUT1, namely:

XPDNF11SP120SP230SP235SP1.exe (42.4mb) &

T13XPDNF11SP120SP230SP235SP1.7z (42.9mb) --- this one when uncompressed has: entries_XPDNF11SP120SP230SP235SP1.ini & SVCPACK folder with XPDNF11SP120SP230SP235SP1.exe inside)

which 1 do i use now, the former (XPDNF11SP120SP230SP235SP1.exe)? maybe, my 1st attempt (with only ALSOINSTALLERS=YES & blank value for T13ADDONS= ) was correct after all.

EDIT 2: resulted only in 1 file: XPDNF11SP120SP230SP235SP1.exe (42.4mb). i'll use this.

got a little confused with:

[font="Courier New"]; -- T13ADDONS=YES output T-13 [b]nLite/RVMI[/b] add-on(s). Avoid output switchless installers (can be extracted from them).
; -- ALSOINSTALLERS=YES beside add-on(s) (any XXXADDONS=YES), also output switchless installer(s) compatible with [b]HFSLIP[/b].[/font]

your thoughts? appreciate it.

Edited by Kiki Burgh

.exe installers and add-on(s) from the same run (or equivalent) are the same thing, the add-ons are just an encapsulation of the .exe's to automate T-13 or RunOnceEx install techniques.

.exe installers is what you need for HFSLIP. if any XXXADDONS=YES is set, the script only output add-on(s) (with .exe installers built-in), but you can use ALSOINSTALLERS=YES to output .exe installers also, not having to manually extract them if you need it later. ALSOINSTALLERS setting only works if any XXXADDONS=YES, otherwise is not used.