Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Silent .NET Maker synthesized 20100118 - W2K/XP/2K3 x86

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1003 replies to this topic

strel

strel

segmentation fault

• PipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Joined 24-February 08
coords
Your custom installers will remove the cancel button for passive install. You don't need to change anything as Pasha_ZZZ proposes, unless what you want to remove is the cancel button during the building process.

Pasha_ZZZ
I could not recreate your errors, it's working fine for me. I'd need more data.

Edited by strel, 19 January 2010 - 11:23 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Pasha_ZZZ

Pasha_ZZZ

• 42 posts
  • Joined 03-December 09
This is MSIEXEC commandline:
MSIEXEC  /p "C:\.NET\TMP\TMP1\HFX\NDP35SP1-KB958484.msp" /a "C:\.NET\TMP\TMP1\ADMIN35\vs_setup.msi" /qb
but there are no ADMIN35 folder!
2K3-KB971276-V2

ADMIN20

ADMIN30

DELAYEDHFXS

HFX

wcu

WRAP35

XP-KB971276-V3

strel

strel

segmentation fault

• PipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Joined 24-February 08
But it's working fine for me, and unless you give me enough data to recreate your error, what you can do by simply attaching your PROCESSDATA.TXT file, I tend to think that something is wrong with the steps you're following... maybe something is wrong with your color patch... do some checkings.

Pasha_ZZZ

Pasha_ZZZ

• 42 posts
  • Joined 03-December 09
I found it! I forgot to append YES to MERGEFXS=. When I change to YES - all works fine, but why w/o YES doesnt work.... PROCESSDATA.TXT (when it gave me errors)
PROCESSDNF11=YES

PROCESSDNF20=YES

PROCESSDNF3520=YES

PROCESSDNF3530=YES

PROCESSDNF3535=YES

DNF20VC8RUNTIME=

DNF20OFFICE2K3DEBUGGER=

DNF30RGBRASTERIZER=YES

DNF30WIC=

DNF30MSXML6=

DNF30XPS=YES

DNF35VC9RUNTIME=

DNF35FFXBAPPLUGIN=

DNF35FFCLICKONCEEXT=

PROCESSLNGDNF11=YES

PROCESSLNGDNF20=YES

PROCESSLNGDNF3520=YES

PROCESSLNGDNF3530=YES

PROCESSLNGDNF3535=YES

TARGETOS=XP

T13ADDONS=

ROEADDONS=

ALSOINSTALLERS=YES

MERGEFXS=

SILENT=

COMPRATIO=

Edited by Pasha_ZZZ, 18 January 2010 - 01:19 PM.

strel

strel

segmentation fault

• PipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Joined 24-February 08
I still cannot recreate your errors, and my ADMIN35 folder is being created as usual. May you have a problem with installer service, try restarting it; or may you have some issue with installed .NET frameworks in bad state, I'd try reinstalling them if the error persists, maybe using .NET framework cleanup tool.

clarkg888

clarkg888
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 01-January 10
Hello,

I would first like to thank the developers of this great tool. I've used SNM in the past, and I'm just coming back to it to build a new XP install disk.

My trouble is that after install Microsoft Update wants to install KB974417. I'm creating the disk using the latest HFSLIP (1.7.10 beta D), and I'm using SNMsynth 20100118 to build an all-in-one passive installer that gets put in the GUIRUNONCE folder in HFSLIP. SNMsynth builds without errors, and the installer works without any errors that I can see.

I've checked the files 974417 updates: mscordacwks.dll, mscorlib.dll and mscorwks.dll: they are supposed to be version 2.0.50727.3603 and the installed system has this version.

Where should I look to find the cause of this?

By the way, I made a couple of small changes to _SNMsynth.cmd. It would not list the work or tmp directories in PROCESSDATA.TXT because I use the '-' as a date separator instead of '/'. For example:

ECHO>PROCESSDATA.TXT --- WORK FOLDER CONTENT:
REM fix by Clark
REM DIR /-C/ON|FINDSTR /R "../.*">>PROCESSDATA.TXT
DIR /-C/ON|FINDSTR /R /C:"^[^ ]">>PROCESSDATA.TXT

Thanks in advance,
Clark

Attached Files

My2GirlsDad

My2GirlsDad

Junior

• Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Joined 28-December 08
I am still having a problem using Silent .NET Maker synthesized with my XP HFSLIPcd.

When I put XPDNF11SP120SP230SP235SP1.exe in SVCPACK folder, only Net 1.1 SP1 is installed. Upon further review actually Net 2.0 SP2 fails and that causes 3.0 SP2 along with 3.5 SP1 to fail. Why does 2.0SP2 fail?

When I put XPDNF11SP120SP230SP235SP1.exe in HFGUIRUNONCE folder, all NET frameworks are installed completely with no problems.

My question is what is happening in HFGUIRUNONCE that is not happening in SVCPACK? What is the difference?

Anybody have any ideas on this.

Just wondering.

M2GD

P.S.: My 2k HFSLIPcd works great when using SVCPACK folder.

clarkg888

clarkg888
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 01-January 10

My question is what is happening in HFGUIRUNONCE that is not happening in SVCPACK? What is the difference?

P.S.: My 2k HFSLIPcd works great when using SVCPACK folder.

Items in SVCPACK are installed at T-13 (before the 2'nd reboot), while items in HFGUIRUNONCE are installed on the first GUI login after the 2'nd reboot. So, SVCPACK installs are done before HFGUIRUNONCE. There is less Windows 'infrastructure' available at T-13, so some things won't install then.

When I used SNM before the all-in-one installer feature was added, I would put the 2.0 installer in SVCPACK, and the 3.0 and 1.1 installers in HFGUIRUNONCE. Now, I'm just putting the all-in-one installer in HFGUIRUNONCE.

I might try putting in SVCPACK and test (after I've got the other issue I posted about resolved).

Clark.

My2GirlsDad

My2GirlsDad

Junior

• Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Joined 28-December 08
Thanks for the reply clarkg888.

My confusion is because I had been putting it in SVCPACK with no problems but now it will not work there.

I just don't understand why and the fact that win2k works adds to that confusion.

M2GD

strel

strel

segmentation fault

• PipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Joined 24-February 08
clarkg888
You should have this value in the registry:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\DC3BF90CC0D3D2F398A9A6D1762F70F3\Patches\9E0DE89293FE9BB33898F24ED18CCF08\State 1 DWORD

My2GirlsDad
Don't know why this is happening to you but 2.0 should install properly at T-13.

I'll make tests tomorrow.

Edited by strel, 19 January 2010 - 09:13 PM.

clarkg888

clarkg888
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 01-January 10

clarkg888
You should have this value in the registry:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\DC3BF90CC0D3D2F398A9A6D1762F70F3\Patches\9E0DE89293FE9BB33898F24ED18CCF08\State 1 DWORD

Thanks strel for your quick reply.

Yes, that value is set.

However, the problem install was done on a Virtual PC machine. I ran the install on a partition on my real machine and it worked fine: Windows updates did *not* ask to install KB974417! One difference was that the LAN drivers weren't integrated, but were installed after the system was restarted, so Windows update didn't do its thing until then.

I'll have to make a build with the drivers integrated (Driverpacks) and try again to test that hypothesis.

strel

strel

segmentation fault

• PipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Joined 24-February 08
My2GirlsDad, clarckg888, what I did: I built passive merged installer with 1.1 SP1, 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2, 3.5 SP1, with regular hotfixes and langpacks and not removing any subcomponent; I used HFSLIP 1.7.10 beta D over a vanilla XP SP3 applying the former installer in the HFSVCPACK folder, the process worked well except a couple of file not found messages not stopping the process and not while applying custom .NET installer, that I suppose has to do with some kind of error with HFSLIP beta itself. Nothing more. I went through the install process on a Virtual PC 2007 and ALL frameworks and langpacks installed correctly (HFSLIP Total Slipstream entry in Add/Remove Programs). Then I run windows update and no KB974417 nor any .NET hotfix were listed.

So I think these issues has nothing to do with SNMsynth but with something about your methods to build your custom win sources, but I'm out of ideas. I'm not an HFSLIP user so in case it has something to do with it maybe other expertise HFSLIP users may have more precise ideas about what could be happening.

Is there anybody else with those issues?

asbluesky

asbluesky
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 20-January 10
Why each time makes a compression package of size is dissimilar?

strel

strel

segmentation fault

• PipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Joined 24-February 08
Slightly, yes, I observed that also. I suppose it's something with the way the compression algorithm works, but don't know exactly why.

EDIT: Making some tests with compression parameters I could check that the different output sizes for sequential runs with the same settigns are not caused by 7-zip compression, differences seems to arise during the admin install creation or patching stage.

Edited by strel, 03 March 2010 - 09:44 AM.

My2GirlsDad

My2GirlsDad

Junior

• Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Joined 28-December 08

My2GirlsDad, clarckg888, what I did: I built passive merged installer with 1.1 SP1, 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2, 3.5 SP1, with regular hotfixes and langpacks and not removing any subcomponent; I used HFSLIP 1.7.10 beta D over a vanilla XP SP3 applying the former installer in the HFSVCPACK folder, the process worked well except a couple of file not found messages not stopping the process and not while applying custom .NET installer, that I suppose has to do with some kind of error with HFSLIP beta itself. Nothing more. I went through the install process on a Virtual PC 2007 and ALL frameworks and langpacks installed correctly (HFSLIP Total Slipstream entry in Add/Remove Programs). Then I run windows update and no KB974417 nor any .NET hotfix were listed.

Strel,

I am totally confused now. I did the same thing you did... XP Home SP2 in source, SP3 hotfix in HF, and installer in HFSVCPACK, nothing else, using 1.7.10 beta D. I went through the install process on a Virtual PC 2007 as you did. Still only 1.1 SP1 is installed but not 2.0 SP2 or 3.0 SP2 or 3.5 SP1. What am I doing wrong?

Please check my entries and help me figure this out.

Thank you.

M2GD

strel

strel

segmentation fault

• PipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Joined 24-February 08
Some ideas:
- You should check your SVCPACK.INF file after running HFSLIP. Maybe there's some kind of error with HFSLIP beta.
- Look for %SYSTEMROOT%\DNF20install.log file and check for any error. Check also the event viewer.
- You say you're using SP2 version and updating to SP3. I'd try doing it in 2 different steps, the first for applying the SP3 and the second for applying SP3 hotfixes+.NET custom installers.
- You say you used XP home, I used pro, don't know if there might be some limitation at T-13 in the home version not present in the pro. Anybody any comment on this??

Edited by strel, 25 January 2010 - 06:40 PM.

Pasha_ZZZ

Pasha_ZZZ

• 42 posts
  • Joined 03-December 09

Why each time makes a compression package of size is dissimilar?

Size may vary depends of free RAM amount. For compression you must have Dictionary_Size * 11 of free RAM

Acheron

Acheron

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Joined 28-June 04
Thanks for this new version. I really like the features to remove MSXML and the older VC Redistributables :thumbup

BTW I don't install .NET 1.1 as almost all software runs as .NET 2.0. To get less problems I now install both .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 at first logon. This also requires that all software depending on .NET have to installed last. I do configure any registry settings at T13 though to apply them to the default user account.

Keep in mind Microsoft will also release .NET Framework 4.0 in a few months. You can download .NET Framework 4.0 beta 2 here.

Edited by Acheron, 30 January 2010 - 10:30 AM.

Say no to bloatware. Download Nero Lite!

fz500

fz500

• 23 posts
  • Joined 28-December 03
Use Silent .NET Maker synthesized 20100118, WinXP install AutoCAD 2006 cannot be detected Net 1.1 Langpacks and they could not be installed, you need to manually remove Net 1.1 Langpacks before installing

strel

strel

segmentation fault

• PipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Joined 24-February 08
AutoCAD 2006 not installing if .NET 1.1 langpack from custom SNMsynth is installed? Are you meaning that? Don't know what the problem is, I supposse it is something with that software, or maybe with your install sequence or timming. What I can tell you is that the .NET 1.1 langpack component in your custom SNMsynth installer(s)/add-on(s), is the administrative install of that langpack without further modifications.

Pasha_ZZZ

Pasha_ZZZ

• 42 posts
  • Joined 03-December 09
.NET Framework 4.0 Release Candidate is out! Get it at Microsoft website

Zaitzev

Zaitzev

• 22 posts
  • Joined 13-February 10
I clearly need to be a tech wizard to understand this stuff.. I have problems reading through the OP and understanding what it is exactly that I need to do, to get all the .NET packages slipstreamed/integrated into the unattended XP disc. This guide isn't meant for those of us with "intermediate" knowledge of this stuff.. I have no clue how to make this work for me :P

Edited by Zaitzev, 17 February 2010 - 12:57 PM.

alexFX

alexFX

• 16 posts
  • Joined 25-April 09
I have used SNMsynth script and in the OUT1 folder i have three files:

ROEXPDNF11SP1el20SP2el30SP2el35SP1el.7z
T13XPDNF11SP1el20SP2el30SP2el35SP1el.7z
XPDNF11SP1el20SP2el30SP2el35SP1el.exe

How can i slipstream these files to make an unattended XP disc?
can somebody help me????

Sp0iLedBrAt

Sp0iLedBrAt

MSFN Addict

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,705 posts
  • Joined 19-March 09
The second is for use with nLite, and the third (.exe) is for use with RunOnce.

alexFX

alexFX

• 16 posts
  • Joined 25-April 09
ok! thanks for your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users