• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
Zxian

[Desktops] 2009

44 posts in this topic

2h6g75j.jpg

It looks a little weird at first but I'm using two screens. One is the netbook (the left) and the CRT on the right. The positioning of the monitors is almost exactly proportionate to their actual positions.

I just recently rebuilt this system so there isn't much on it, hopefully I can keep it that way. Unfortunately something went a bit wrong during installation and some bits of Windows just refuse to work; task scheduler, defragger and a few others, which is why I have defraggler. Even Internet Explorer didn't work at first.

I hate iTunes with a passion but unfortunately I need it for my iPod touch. And sadly, I am neither one of those pretty boys in the picture :whistle:

:hello:

Edited by JustinStacey

here is mine :-)

it's my nlited XP :D

45793798.th.jpg

Edited by vaska94

If there is a sticky for desktop screenshots, what is the rest of the section for? :blink:

If there is a sticky for desktop screenshots, what is the rest of the section for? :blink:
Back in the early days, we used to have monthly topics for people to post screenshots of their desktops. Nowadays, people post in a sticky for the year and, I guess, post other screenshots of their desktops in new threads if they want to change/improve something. :wacko:

Back in the early days, we used to have monthly topics for people to post screenshots of their desktops. Nowadays, people post in a sticky for the year and, I guess, post other screenshots of their desktops in new threads if they want to change/improve something. :wacko:

<WWII rant>you see.... years ago... when roosevelt was president.... we had to post our screenshots in six feet of snow.... for thirty miles... up a hill...</WWII rant>

:whistle:

Regular topics might include people who are making changes to their desktops, working on projects, designing wallpaper. Not necessarily those of us that just change our wallpaper every now and then and want to show it off.

It seems like that could be handled in the Customizing Windows section as it's there for "tweaking the visual aspects of Windows" and a desktop screenshots thread could simply be stickied in there as well. :unsure:

You know it makes sense... think it through lads. ;)

So as not to stray too far off base:

desktopcopy_070347.jpg

I don't think this (Windows Desktops Screenshots) forum is active enough to going to so much trouble over it.

Aramadia-2009-07-31_thumb.png

My workstation screenshot. Clean and simple, just the way I like it. :)