WIM filter not needed

thany

vLite says I need to install the WIM filter. It's been dicussed over and over, wether or not to package this filter with vLite's installer. Appearantly it isn't, so it says I should download it. But WHY still? I don't need to mount any images, and even if I do, I use Daemon Tools for that.

How can I use vLite without that image mounter? Pressing cancel also exits vLite entirely!

Edited by thany

Forget about wimfltr but WIndows Imaging Library is still needed that is wimgapi.dll. Still we need to use waik so why made confusion wimfltr not necessary. Also 7zip also can extract wim files but whan can u do with windows imaging as GIMAGEX also need wimgapi.dll to work.

Ah so it's not for mounting DVD or CD images. I see. Then it's the message that's confusing, since very few people know what the WIM filter really does. I know it now, that's good I guess, but many other might not. So the message needs to absolutely clearly describe what WIM is for.

So here's the solution: get your hands on vLite 1.1.6, install it, then instal 1.2, and it works.

Question for Microsoft: why be so strict about this?