Windows 7 Beta Download

jbbarker

They are listed as:

en_windows_7_beta_checked_build_dvd_x86_x15-29063.iso Posted 12/30/2008

en_windows_7_beta_dvd_x86_x15-29073.iso Posted 12/22/2008

I am getting the newer one. I don't why they have more than one.

Those are MSDN ISO titles for the Win7 beta, and the one available since Wednesday (build 7000) is en_windows_7_beta_dvd_x86_x15-29073.iso (at least for x86), and was actually built on December 12th, 2008 (hence why there's nothing "new" since this was posted). The first one you listed is a checked build, and you would only need that if you were going to run it with a debugger attached (for debugging, of course). Assuming you aren't debugging, get the non-checked build - it's build 7000.

Those are MSDN ISO titles for the Win7 beta, and the one available since Wednesday (build 7000) is en_windows_7_beta_dvd_x86_x15-29073.iso (at least for x86), and was actually built on December 12th, 2008 (hence why there's nothing "new" since this was posted). The first one you listed is a checked build, and you would only need that if you were going to run it with a debugger attached (for debugging, of course). Assuming you aren't debugging, get the non-checked build - it's build 7000.

Thanks, I downloaded en_windows_7_beta_dvd_x86_x15-29073.iso Posted 12/22/2008. When I ran setup, I formated the 200 GB partition and the OS parttion. The install time was shorter than the previous version. The drive is a new 500GB Seagate. The format time is less than 30 seconds. The Ultimate version install is 10.2 GB.