Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Post-RTM Updates for Windows 7 (Discontinued)

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

steven4554

steven4554

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

If my system language is Simple Chinese,can I use this ULZ?

All updates for Windows 7 are Language Neutral which means that all updates that MS makes for Win7 will work with any language. So yes you can use this ULZ.

How can I create a list? I was thinking of creating a list for office 2007 But I dont know where to start.

Edit: I found a program to do this Here and I found out how to package the update list here but the program doesn't seem to work anymore. WUD just spits out errors when trying to load the update list.

The update list is malformed. there are multiple root elements. Line 9, Position 2. (X2)
The update list is malformed. Unexpected end of file has occurred. The following elements are not closed: Line 22 Position 10.

Would you be kind enough to give me the layout of an update list?

Here's the layout i use for my UL's below:-
<update id="" category="" publishdate="" article="http://support.microsoft.com/kb/kb">
    <title></title>
    <description></description>
    <filename></filename>
    <url></url>
  </update>
As for packaging the UL, just zip them up with either the built-in windows zip app or 7-zip, then rename the file extension from .zip to .ulz, if you still get errors it means you've made a mistake somewhere, and i wish you luck with your new UL.:)

My Updates Lists for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 Update

My desktop specs (all to be upgraded some time this year):-

CPU: AMD PhenomII X2 555 at 3.2Ghz (Upgrade to AMD FX-6300 Black Edition at 3.5Ghz)
M/B: Asus M5A87
Memory: 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz (upgrade to 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz)
HDD: 120GB SanDisk Extreme SSD (Add 1TB Seagate SSHD)
GPU: 1GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeforceGTX Ti 550

Optical: Samsung DVD-ROM and Samsung 24x DVD rewriter (Upgrade to BD-ROM and BD rewriter)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

klui

klui

• 14 posts

Edit: I found a program to do this Here and I found out how to package the update list here but the program doesn't seem to work anymore. WUD just spits out errors when trying to load the update list.

The update list is malformed. there are multiple root elements. Line 9, Position 2. (X2)
The update list is malformed. Unexpected end of file has occurred. The following elements are not closed: Line 22 Position 10.

Append .xml to your list's name and drag it into Firefox. It should show you the exact line that's causing the problem.

Burningicecube

Burningicecube
  • 8 posts

If my system language is Simple Chinese,can I use this ULZ?

All updates for Windows 7 are Language Neutral which means that all updates that MS makes for Win7 will work with any language. So yes you can use this ULZ.

How can I create a list? I was thinking of creating a list for office 2007 But I dont know where to start.

Here's the layout i use for my UL's below:-
<update id="" category="" publishdate="" article="http://support.microsoft.com/kb/kb">
    <title></title>
    <description></description>
    <filename></filename>
    <url></url>
  </update>
As for packaging the UL, just zip them up with either the built-in windows zip app or 7-zip, then rename the file extension from .zip to .ulz, if you still get errors it means you've made a mistake somewhere, and i wish you luck with your new UL.:)

Append .xml to your list's name and drag it into Firefox. It should show you the exact line that's causing the problem.

Thanks so much for your guys help :) I got my update list working :D I only have 1 update in it atm though. I'll probably do the rest this weekend.

Klnu2000

Klnu2000
  • 1 posts
Thanks for the nice work Steven

eva2000

eva2000

• 26 posts
thanks for the useful list and app, but how does one add to their own list ? i using slipstreamed win 7 ultimate sp1 beta and it has 5 additional updates on a fresh install

1. Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Beta for x64-based Systems (KB2183461)
2. Security Update for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Beta for x64-based Systems (KB2032276)
3. Security Update for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Beta for x64-based Systems (KB2079403)
4. Security Update for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Beta for x64-based Systems (KB2286198)
5. Security Update for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Beta for x64-based Systems (KB982665)

steven4554

steven4554

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Thanks for the nice work Steven

No problem, glad you like my list.

thanks for the useful list and app, but how does one add to their own list ? i using slipstreamed win 7 ultimate sp1 beta and it has 5 additional updates on a fresh install

1. Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Beta for x64-based Systems (KB2183461)
2. Security Update for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Beta for x64-based Systems (KB2032276)
3. Security Update for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Beta for x64-based Systems (KB2079403)
4. Security Update for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Beta for x64-based Systems (KB2286198)
5. Security Update for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Beta for x64-based Systems (KB982665)

Just one thing, i didn't make the app, Jcarle did, so please thank him for making this very useful program. As for you question, i believe i've already answered it here.

Edited by steven4554, 16 September 2010 - 04:37 PM.

CPU: AMD PhenomII X2 555 at 3.2Ghz (Upgrade to AMD FX-6300 Black Edition at 3.5Ghz)

Optical: Samsung DVD-ROM and Samsung 24x DVD rewriter (Upgrade to BD-ROM and BD rewriter)

gareththegod

gareththegod

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
Steven4554
I was wondering where you get the download links from. I have noticed that you have not included a few updates and I wanted to add them to the download list.
These are kb976002 (this is the EU update only), the 4 updates for Virtual PC and xp mode KB958559, KB977206, KB977632 and WindowsXPMode_en-us, and the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile for Windows 7 (KB982670).

Gareth

steven4554

steven4554

• PipPip
  • 281 posts
I get the download links from the MS download site.

1. Update KB976002 is not included because not everyone lives in the EU, and i have no plans to include the update anytime soon.

2. I used to include XP mode and VPC and it's updates in my list, but i decided to axe them as it has limited capabilities compared to other vm's.

3. While i do provide updates for .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 for Windows 7, currently i don't for other versions, but now that you've brought this up i will look to include .NET Framework 4 in the near future.

gareththegod

gareththegod

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
Steven4554
Thanks for the information. I thought the 976002 updated wouldn't be included.
Gareth

MAVERICKS CHOICE

MAVERICKS CHOICE

The Guy from Aus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
@Steven4554

Thanks for your very speedy UL file :thumbup

steven4554

steven4554

• PipPip
  • 281 posts
No problem, and i'll continue to make my speedy UL's for Win7 and future Windows OS's.

evlo

evlo

• 25 posts
I tried windows update on my fresh windows 7 and this list matched with updates found by windows update. Nice.

Colbert65

Colbert65
  • 2 posts
you are doing an amazing job. Thank You

coucou

coucou

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
TNX a lot for this usefull update :thumbup

BTW, Is there anywhere a lis for WinXP?

Regards

steven4554

steven4554

• PipPip
  • 281 posts
Thanks for all the support you members give, i really appreciate it.

coucou, below is weblink to a winxp update list for both x86 and x64 done by klui, they are not up to date, but they do work.

http://www.msfn.org/...windows-xp-enu/

coucou

coucou

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
TNX again steven

tfoutfou

tfoutfou

• 12 posts
very nice Windows Update Downloader List

i like to say thanks because i am using it for a few month and it's excelent

klui

klui

• 14 posts

coucou, below is weblink to a winxp update list for both x86 and x64 done by klui, they are not up to date, but they do work.

Let me know what else you think should be included. I'm too lazy to create new distributions for the ASP.net out-of-band update. I've noted the entries and will include it after this coming Tuesday's large patch bundle.

steven4554

steven4554

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Let me know what else you think should be included. I'm too lazy to create new distributions for the ASP.net out-of-band update. I've noted the entries and will include it after this coming Tuesday's large patch bundle.

You could include optional updates like, Windows Live Essentials 2009 for XP x86, DirectX Update, MS Security Essentials 1.0, and other free stuff that MS offers that will work with XP x86 and x64.

I've had a look at your list both x86 and x64 and it's nicely organised but, you do need to keep your UL's up to date as much as possible, and good luck with next week's mega patch tuesday.

Edited by steven4554, 09 November 2010 - 07:02 PM.

klui

klui

• 14 posts

You could include optional updates like ... DirectX Update

I did fresh install and DirectX was at 9.0c. I started with XPSP3 x86 and XPSP2 x64 and presume people who start from there would get 9.0c.

I've had a look at your list both x86 and x64 and it's nicely organised but, you do need to keep your UL's up to date as much as possible, and good luck with next week's mega patch tuesday.

Any positives came from the original authors' work.

steven4554

steven4554

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

You could include optional updates like ... DirectX Update

I did fresh install and DirectX was at 9.0c. I started with XPSP3 x86 and XPSP2 x64 and presume people who start from there would get 9.0c.

No, what i mean is that you could include the DirectX Runtimes Redistributable update which has a new version released every 3 or 4 months, here's the weblink: http://www.microsoft...91-50ceb6d8fa8d

Description from MS and i quote:
Microsoft DirectX is a group of technologies designed to make Windows-based computers an ideal platform for running and displaying applications rich in multimedia elements such as full-color graphics, video, 3D animation, and rich audio. DirectX includes security and performance updates, along with many new features across all technologies, which can be accessed by applications using the DirectX APIs.

Edited by steven4554, 08 October 2010 - 05:01 PM.

klui

klui

• 14 posts

No, what i mean is that you could include the DirectX Runtimes Redistributable update which has a new version released every 3 or 4 months

I don't play games and Microsoft Update doesn't provide DirectX updates so I didn't know about this distribution. Thanks for the tip.

MAVERICKS CHOICE

MAVERICKS CHOICE

The Guy from Aus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
@steven4554

Thanks again for your latest updates. :thumbup

coucou

coucou

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
TNX Steven ;)

steven4554

steven4554

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

@steven4554

Thanks again for your latest updates. :thumbup

Thanks, this was by far the most updates i've ever seen, so by the time i finished, my brain was hurting. Only next day to find out that i had missed an update, so had to include that as well, just hope that next month's patch tuesday will have less updates to deal with.:)

Edited by steven4554, 14 October 2010 - 08:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN