Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Copying Setup Files to Harddrive

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

fdisk04

fdisk04
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 10-January 09
Hi guys,

Just as a brief overview this is what I've done thus far. We created an pxe setup unattended install of xp utilizing windows ris. This has worked perfectly. We have a hand full of machines that may not have network boot selected as a boot option. Manually changing the boot order is not an option considering these are remote machines.

Pre-network installing windows; I would like to copy over "windows setup files" to the local hard drive and reboot the pc into the windows installer from the harddrive. I'm assuming I need to copy over the same setup files required for pxe booting? ntldr..etc?

Also, I am not trying to setup from the local harddrive. I want to boot into the installer from the harddrive but the setup will continue to be a network install.

Any ideas?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

fdisk04

fdisk04
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 10-January 09
Ok I think this is what i'm trying to do do.

Can I modify the boot.ini to boot into a network install of windows xp? I've pointed the boot.ini file to the startrom.0 file and that's not working. I basically want Windows Network Install as an option.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN