Windows 7 beta sidebar

ElAguila

Anyone else having a problem getting windows sidebar to work in this beta? If I don't try to launch the sidebar I can used the desktop gadget by right clicking and put gadgets on the desktop. After I try to launch the sidebar, the desktop gadget option no longer works.

if you have the uac right to the bottom or off then sidebar wont work.

bring it up by one notch and it works.

remember to restart your pc for it to take effect.

hope that helps. :thumbup

Edited by wraith36

wraith

that it is the same that I said only a bit more friendly :)

yer bigdaddy i just tryed what you said and replyed in a bit more detail.

sorry i wasnt trying to steal your thunder there.

i cant get game monitor to work on the side bar.

any ideas why this is.

driving me round the bend.

Edited by wraith36

My sidebar doesn't show up at all. I can run the process manually and I can see process running in task manager. However, there's no signs of the sidebar on my desktop.

Any ideas?

My UAC setting is the default settings (second from the top). I tried having it on the highest settings, but no lucky.

Thanks,

MaelstromXC

guys in vista the side bar have its qwn seprate process but in windows7 the side bar process is included in th explorer process as its thread (use the sysinternals process manager to see) there is no more viewable bar in 7 cozz that bar makes windows vista solwer and consumes more ram space too..... now gadgets only have there own process you can place them anywhere on the desktop........

• 1 month later...
guys in vista the side bar have its qwn seprate process but in windows7 the side bar process is included in th explorer process as its thread (use the sysinternals process manager to see) there is no more viewable bar in 7 cozz that bar makes windows vista solwer and consumes more ram space too..... now gadgets only have there own process you can place them anywhere on the desktop........

hi, its possible to use sidebar of windows 7 on vista ? :)

hi, its possible to use sidebar of windows 7 on vista ? :)

Nope, Rafael or anybody have yet to patch it

Edited by ricktendo64