Change default position of desktop icons & taskbar

rickytheanuj

I want to change the default positions of desktop Icons. From left side to bottom, so If I choose refresh or re arrange or auto arrange icons all icons should manage there position at the bottom of windows desktop.

And I also want to change the default position of taskbar bottom to upper side of desktop.

so If i change the theme or in safe mode the taskbar should always shows at the top of desktop.

How is it possible? should i have to install some extra 3rd party softwares. If yes then which one. please let me know

to move the taskbar you can do the following.

-Right click on the taskbar and ensure that there is no check mark against Lock The Taskbar

-click on an empty grey area between the start menu/quick launch and the system tray (clock etc) and drag the task bar to the top of the screen and release the mouse button.

As for the desktop icon alignment, there will either be a desktop.ini file somewhere you might be able to edit or you will need to use a resource hacker.

to move the taskbar you can do the following.

-Right click on the taskbar and ensure that there is no check mark against Lock The Taskbar

-click on an empty grey area between the start menu/quick launch and the system tray (clock etc) and drag the task bar to the top of the screen and release the mouse button.

As for the desktop icon alignment, there will either be a desktop.ini file somewhere you might be able to edit or you will need to use a resource hacker.

Thank you for your reply!!! but !! :whistle: that's not the answer i m waiting for, that's the simple editing tips which any kid can do, but I want to do that as by default..

for example: we choose a themes , change it's wallpaper, sound, courser, icons and then save that themes. now chose some another theme which is totally different looks, wallpaper than we just save.

Now again if we select the previously saved theme then it will automatically change it's desktop looks (wallpaper, icons, sound... n more)

Yes, exactly I just want to do similar like this.

If we follow ur answer u explained above then

If we move select default theme then taskbar will automatically come ot it's original place (bottom)..

But I want to make my taskbar appear always on top by default

• 2 weeks later...

"always on top" by default? :P You mean, always at top edge by default dont you? :P

I found some thread kind of similar http://www.msfn.org/board/Taskbar-Position...try-t11854.html

Couldnt yet get anything like a good result.... After rebooting, even if i saved the reg and imported it, the taskbar isnt where it was when i saved the reg, but where i left it before rebooting... :P :S

Yet.. ill go ask stuff in that thread :P

• 1 year later...

"always on top" by default? :P You mean, always at top edge by default dont you? :P

I found some thread kind of similar http://www.msfn.org/board/Taskbar-Position...try-t11854.html

Couldnt yet get anything like a good result.... After rebooting, even if i saved the reg and imported it, the taskbar isnt where it was when i saved the reg, but where i left it before rebooting... :P :S

Yet.. ill go ask stuff in that thread :P

ya!! i think i also need 2 know that stuff..