Can't access repair my PC option via F8 startup

NUTTER123

I found a vbs-script (SLP1.vbs) and another interesting XML (SLP20Input.xml) in the orginal Factory.wim ... Will have a look at it first. Maybe the VBS can simply be executed ...

I find it disheartening that Fujitsu would leave these files in their image... whatever happens, these files are non-redistributable, so you cannot share them or even post their code. Just an FYI.

I found a vbs-script (SLP1.vbs) and another interesting XML (SLP20Input.xml) in the orginal Factory.wim ... Will have a look at it first. Maybe the VBS can simply be executed ...

I find it disheartening that Fujitsu would leave these files in their image... whatever happens, these files are non-redistributable, so you cannot share them or even post their code. Just an FYI.

They leave it on the Image, because the script will be executed after recovery, so it has to be there.

Did I post a code? I don´t think so. I use this file just for this notebook.... no worries please :angel:

An standard end-user won´t look into a image-file on an hidden partition... Thats the point... It was really funny to get through the whole costumized installation-prozess with lots of CMDs, VBSs, EXEs, UNATTEND.XML, OOBE.XML and so on. But finally with success :ph34r:

But now the Recovery-Partition is nearly up-to-date. One thing, which I don´t like is the standard-keyboard-layout in the drop down. When I boot into it, it shows always US, but i want DE. There is no Lang.ini. I think, the BOOT.WIM´s metadata is responsable for that:

imagex /info boot.wim --> <defaultlanguage>en-US ... i couldn´t figure out if there is a way to edit this one... i already tryed

Intlcfg.exe /image:Bla:\BLA.wim /defaultlang:de-de --> no Lang.ini

I think i have to use another boot.wim for last cosmetically modification. Or any better ideas?

Edited by Schiiwa

I'm not sure how to use an unattend on the boot image (from a partition), you could try rebuilding the boot wim but there is a problem. The Vista WinRE really isn't anything besides a WinPE and the recovery front-end. That was the problem with Vista, MS made you write the recovery software.

Anyways, about the Fujitsu files, there is no reason those actually need to be there to run a recovery. :unsure:

For sure, there are other ways, too. But FSC choose the integration with SLP1.vbs ... And lotz of other CMDs and REGs ... It´s really a transparent install-routine.... unfortunately with some bugs.

I already mentioned the thing, when you cancel the recovery hta-script, there is a massage: System reset to default succesfully :wacko:

I´m not that fimilar to VBS, though i will leave the bug in there (and as it is not my Notebook :sneaky: )

I could attach it, if you would like to have a look at it (also the DVD-Burning is still not working :realmad: )

But it is really a huuuuuuge vbs, so be warned

I tryed to modify the BCD of the WinRE partition, but still it is US-Standard:

bcdedit -store bcd -set {bootmgr} locale de-DE

bcdedit -store bcd -set {default} locale de-DE

Yeah... I know... i would have to compile a oem????.exe... do not remember the whole name, but i got a compiled one somewhere in this forum ^^ ... But if i build my own one, it will be a Win7-one....

You can win a washing-machine if you answer these questions:

• 1. Is it the reason, that the WINRE-Part. is the first one, so that it can still accessed if I would quickformat C: because it is located in front of it?
  • 2. How many spare-sectors do HDD-manufactures include regulary?

Have a nice day... Schiiwa
Edited by Schiiwa

• 1 year later...

yay... barracuda 7200.11 bsy problem fixed and got all the data back. Ran into many troubles during the process and hadn't it been MSFN and jaclaz, I probably would've thought the disk is FUBAR and tossed it away.

my-cute-bunny-feets.jpg

Edited by standingbear

• 3 months later...

I have here an Acer Aspire 5720G from another Girlfriend.

I was able to boot to WinRE, but there where just the Standard-Options (no Recovery-Option)! ALT+F10 didn't do its job. To WinRE i bootet with F8-->Repair Computer. In the Root of the PQSERVICE-Partition (X:) there was a D2D32.EXE but i wasn't sure if this EXE should be executet through a routine (with switches for example)!

So I went to RYTOOLS-DIR and restored the Factory-MBR with the following command:

MBRWRWIN INSTALL RTMBR.BIN

Now ALT+F10 works fine again and eRecovery will be shown ;)

Cheers.... Schiiwa

EDIT:

psychedelicBunny.jpg

Edited by Schiiwa