Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

The Default Gateway is not available

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Tumps

Tumps

• 42 posts
I have installed the Windows 7 Beta 64bit and now have problems with my internet as every few mins it cuts off and i have to "Repair" to get it back and i am told this happens because

"The Default Gateway is not available"

i have reset all my routers and modems and it still keeps happening............ any ideas would be much appreciated!

If you need more info i'll do the best i can!
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit - Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 940
Memory: 8.0GB DDR2 RAM (4x 2GB) - Graphics Card name: 2x nVidia Geforce 9600GT SLi
Hard Drive Size: 1TB + 320GB + 500Gb Network Storage - Keyboard: Logitech G15 Ver.2
Mouse: Logitech MX1000 Wireless Laser Mouse - DirectX Version: 10

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

cluberti

cluberti

Gustatus similis pullus

• Supervisor
  • 11,247 posts
What network device is installed on the machine, and what driver is being used? I've not had that problem on the 5 or so machines I have running Win7, so this is quite likely a problem with the network driver (if you have installed antivirus software that installs an LSP layer, that could be it too, of course).
MCTS Windows Internals, MCITP Server 2008 EA, MCTS MDT/BDD, MCSE/MCSA Server 2003, Server 2012, Windows 8
--------------------
Please read the rules before posting!
Please consider donating to MSFN to keep it up and running!

Tumps

Tumps

• 42 posts
Network Adapter is a NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller

And AV is NOD32 64Bit edition
Memory: 8.0GB DDR2 RAM (4x 2GB) - Graphics Card name: 2x nVidia Geforce 9600GT SLi
Hard Drive Size: 1TB + 320GB + 500Gb Network Storage - Keyboard: Logitech G15 Ver.2

cluberti

cluberti

Gustatus similis pullus

• Supervisor
  • 11,247 posts
If you uninstall NOD and the problem continues, you will likely have to find a newer network card driver from nVidia (or report the problem to them and Microsoft via the "Send Feedback" links all over the OS) to get it fixed.
MCTS Windows Internals, MCITP Server 2008 EA, MCTS MDT/BDD, MCSE/MCSA Server 2003, Server 2012, Windows 8
--------------------

Tumps

Tumps

• 42 posts
I've redone the network driver and so far its working

Win2k3EE

Win2k3EE

• PipPip
  • 222 posts
nvidia's Network Access Manager is to blame if you have it installed.

Tumps

Tumps

• 42 posts
It still seems to be working, and i installed that with the driver this time round,

My problem now is accessing My Network HDD

I get Error Code 1208

And told i don't have permissions to access it!

But i my a shortcut through one of my other PC's to it and i can get it

Weird any clues on that?

cacapitol

cacapitol
  • 1 posts
I am also getting disconnected. I've disabled my VS, uninstalled it and installed a new one. I've also disabled my firewall. Each time same result. I checked my nvidia n-force networking controller drivers. They are up to date. The problem seems to be triggered by macromedia flash Web sites. Comcast.net videos and Myspace trigger a disconnect within a minute or two and each time with the error "The default gateway is not available." This problem did not exist for me in Vista. Help would be appreciated.

cluberti

cluberti

Gustatus similis pullus

• Supervisor
  • 11,247 posts
Use "send feedback" to file a bug with Microsoft, and contact nvidia. They've been pretty good with drivers as of late, they may have a fix for you in a beta driver.
--------------------

rusty1983

rusty1983
  • 3 posts
Hi,
I am having the exact same problem... using the x86 version of Win7, nVidia nForce network controller
and avast home 4.8 AV
I have tried the latest drivers (official and BETA) and still get the same results... internet cutting out every 5-10 minuits with same error as above.
I don't want to un-install avast as it is the only AV that i have found consistantly effective and the other AV's that are "supported" by Win7 are very buggy resource hogs and basicaly rubbish.
This is rather annoying as it never happend on vista, but i don't want to go back to vista because i really like and am now familliar with Win7
Has anyone fixed this problem?
If so, any help would be great.
thanks

Edited by rusty1983, 14 March 2009 - 07:16 AM.

AMD Ahlon64 X2 5200+ @3.02Ghz
MSI K9N SLI/ nForce 570SLI
2x1GB Corsair XMS2 6400 DDR2 800 Dual Channel
PNY GeForce 9500 GT 512MB

Tumps

Tumps

• 42 posts
I have since gone back to vista but i did manage to fix it..........

but i used the Beta Drivers.......... but if you say you have tried them then ok

Only other thing is to Get the beta driver and fully uninstall the current drivers then install it fresh

hope this helps

rusty1983

rusty1983
  • 3 posts
ok thanks, i'll give it a try

rusty1983

rusty1983
  • 3 posts
OK
That didn't work....still happening.
I have noticed it is more frequent if i am playing any type of media e.g windows media player (mp3's) or VLC (Xvid's)
However,
I can stream a whole TV show from 4OD or BBCi Player without it cutting out, but very frequent when listening to music.
After trying multiple drivers, I deffinatly think this is a microsoft problem rather than nVidia
Lets just hope they release some sort of fix for nVidia chipsets.
Guess it's my own fault for using a BETA OS as primary
Thanks and any more info then please don't hold back on me, as you can imagine it's very frustrating

wangfan027

wangfan027
  • 1 posts
i have the same problem,
Realtek RTL8168(P)/8111C(P)Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC(NDIS 6.20)

SkinnerSE

SkinnerSE
  • 1 posts
Having similar problem here RTL8168B, Avast AV, Win 7 x64

My problem differs a bit though. I leave my computer on 24/7 and the problem often occurs when I've been away for a while. Sometimes it helps turning off all applications that would use the internet connection when i leave, but not always.

Fabricman112

Fabricman112
  • 3 posts
try disabling all "helpers" as in the other thread http://www.msfn.org/...howtopic=134650 ...

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,672 posts

Donator

Does this happen to be the nForce NIC that is a virtual device? Can those of you who are having problems with this NIC post what the Hardware ID is of the NIC in Device Manager?
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3.x | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

Bybiukas

Bybiukas
  • 1 posts

i have the same problem,
Realtek RTL8168(P)/8111C(P)Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC(NDIS 6.20)

i have too that problem
Nvidia nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet

Tumps

Tumps

• 42 posts
I'm suprised that people are still getting this problem as i had it with an early Beta and when all Network Drivers we very early betas aswell

I would have thought by now that between nVidia and Microsoft they would have sorted this.....

cluberti

cluberti

Gustatus similis pullus

• Supervisor
  • 11,247 posts
Well, it only took nVidia until SP2 to sort their Vista video drivers, let's hope they get better at it with Win7 and network drivers. As to folks with problems still on RTM, let's start making a list of HWIDs that are causing the issues. Look at the properties of the device in device manager, go to the details tab, and click "Hardware Ids" from the list.

Post the device name here, along with the Hardware Id, and we'll start seeing if there's anything in common.
--------------------

CoffeeFiend

CoffeeFiend

Coffee Aficionado

• Super Moderator
  • 5,399 posts

Well, it only took nVidia until SP2 to sort their Vista video drivers

Yeah, proper video drivers for Vista 2 years late -- right in time for Win7 :whistle: Similarly, it seems to be almost only nvidia NICs getting these problems.

As for the reported Realtek, I've had no such issues, with either 8111/8169 or 8168C(P), on several boxes, using the drivers on the disc or from windows update.
Coffee: \ˈkȯ-fē, ˈkä-\. noun. Heaven in a cup. Life's only treasure. The meaning of life. Kaffee ist wunderbar. C8H10N4O2 FTW.

FromTheLou

FromTheLou
  • 3 posts

Well, it only took nVidia until SP2 to sort their Vista video drivers, let's hope they get better at it with Win7 and network drivers. As to folks with problems still on RTM, let's start making a list of HWIDs that are causing the issues. Look at the properties of the device in device manager, go to the details tab, and click "Hardware Ids" from the list.

Post the device name here, along with the Hardware Id, and we'll start seeing if there's anything in common.

This only happens for me during high loads, ie multiple iso's downloading,etc. Standard web browsing and email cause no problems.

Win 7 Ultimate x64 RTM w/ NFORCE 15.35 drivers installed

BFG 680i SLI Motherboard

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0373&SUBSYS_C55E10DE&REV_A2
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0373&SUBSYS_C55E10DE
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0373&CC_068000
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0373&CC_0680

Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\nvmf6264.sys (7.3.1.7306, 331.41 KB (339,360 bytes), 4/30/2009 3:06 PM)
Driver Provider: NVIDIA
Driver Date: 4/30/2009
Driver Version: 73.0.6.0
Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

FromTheLou

FromTheLou
  • 3 posts
So far it looks like the 15.25 Vista x64 Nforce drivers have resolved my problem. I downloaded them and extracted the contents to a folder. Then updated the NIC driver and pointed to the 15.25_nforce_winvista64_international_whql\Ethernet folder.

Before trying this I could easily replicate this error my starting utorrent and copying 5GB of data across the network. So far after 15 mins of testing no failures!

FromTheLou

FromTheLou
  • 3 posts
Ok after some more testing it looks like those 64bit Vista drivers did the trick. I've since transfered 65GB across my LAN all while transfering another 10GB via uTorrent. Before these drivers I would get the Gateway not availale message within a couple minutes of transferring across the LAN or via uTorrent.

Here is what have for the driver info now.

Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\nvmfdx64.sys (1.0.1.6789, 1.43 MB (1,498,016 bytes), 8/1/2008 11:51 AM)

Hope this helps someone else with the same issue.

REKREK

REKREK
  • 1 posts
Problem Solved !!!!!

For all the Windows 7 problems listed above just go to Services and for all network related services select Automatic Start and you will have a stable internet connection after reboot. This has worked on two of my computers that had all the problems above. It is not due to drivers, or Nvidia problems but the services not being installed in Win 7.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN