The Default Gateway is not available

Tumps

• 1 month later...

I'm suprised that people are still getting this problem as i had it with an early Beta and when all Network Drivers we very early betas aswell

I would have thought by now that between nVidia and Microsoft they would have sorted this.....

Well, it only took nVidia until SP2 to sort their Vista video drivers, let's hope they get better at it with Win7 and network drivers. As to folks with problems still on RTM, let's start making a list of HWIDs that are causing the issues. Look at the properties of the device in device manager, go to the details tab, and click "Hardware Ids" from the list.

Post the device name here, along with the Hardware Id, and we'll start seeing if there's anything in common.

Well, it only took nVidia until SP2 to sort their Vista video drivers

Yeah, proper video drivers for Vista 2 years late -- right in time for Win7 :whistle: Similarly, it seems to be almost only nvidia NICs getting these problems.

As for the reported Realtek, I've had no such issues, with either 8111/8169 or 8168C(P), on several boxes, using the drivers on the disc or from windows update.

Well, it only took nVidia until SP2 to sort their Vista video drivers, let's hope they get better at it with Win7 and network drivers. As to folks with problems still on RTM, let's start making a list of HWIDs that are causing the issues. Look at the properties of the device in device manager, go to the details tab, and click "Hardware Ids" from the list.

Post the device name here, along with the Hardware Id, and we'll start seeing if there's anything in common.

This only happens for me during high loads, ie multiple iso's downloading,etc. Standard web browsing and email cause no problems.

Win 7 Ultimate x64 RTM w/ NFORCE 15.35 drivers installed

BFG 680i SLI Motherboard

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0373&SUBSYS_C55E10DE&REV_A2

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0373&SUBSYS_C55E10DE

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0373&CC_068000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0373&CC_0680

Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\nvmf6264.sys (7.3.1.7306, 331.41 KB (339,360 bytes), 4/30/2009 3:06 PM)

Driver Provider: NVIDIA

Driver Date: 4/30/2009

Driver Version: 73.0.6.0

Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

So far it looks like the 15.25 Vista x64 Nforce drivers have resolved my problem. I downloaded them and extracted the contents to a folder. Then updated the NIC driver and pointed to the 15.25_nforce_winvista64_international_whql\Ethernet folder.

Before trying this I could easily replicate this error my starting utorrent and copying 5GB of data across the network. So far after 15 mins of testing no failures!

Ok after some more testing it looks like those 64bit Vista drivers did the trick. I've since transfered 65GB across my LAN all while transfering another 10GB via uTorrent. Before these drivers I would get the Gateway not availale message within a couple minutes of transferring across the LAN or via uTorrent.

Here is what have for the driver info now.

Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\nvmfdx64.sys (1.0.1.6789, 1.43 MB (1,498,016 bytes), 8/1/2008 11:51 AM)

Hope this helps someone else with the same issue.

• 4 months later...

Problem Solved !!!!!

For all the Windows 7 problems listed above just go to Services and for all network related services select Automatic Start and you will have a stable internet connection after reboot. This has worked on two of my computers that had all the problems above. It is not due to drivers, or Nvidia problems but the services not being installed in Win 7.

Considering the issue, I'm not sure you can say it's not the drivers because you made a change that is seemingly not driver related and it fixed it - you've changed services from being demand start (or delayed start) to automatic, which means that when the driver is loaded the services are already started. Given that a *properly functioning* Windows 7 network driver should be able to handle the services not being started (aka, the *default settings*), I'm still quite certain this is a *driver issue* that you've fixed by making Windows 7 behave more like Vista and XP (which should be a hint, honestly).

• 2 months later...

I'm using a d-link DWA 130c rev c1 wireless N usb nic and have the same problem as others in the thread. I've copied the hardware lds.

USB\VID_2001&PID_3301&REV_0100

USB\VID_2001&PID_3301