Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows 7 Beta + WAIK 7

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,888 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03
http://www.microsoft...a-download.aspx

Windows Automated Installation Kit (Windows 7 Beta)
http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en
Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003 R2 SP3 • Windows Vista family • Windows Server 2008 family • Windows 7 family • Windows Server 2008 R2 family

Edited by maxXPsoft, 17 January 2009 - 06:58 PM.

Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

XP Unattended CD/DVD creator - Version 4.1.7
Sample xml + Setupcomplete + Add Right click .wim Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

MAVERICKS CHOICE

MAVERICKS CHOICE

The Guy from Aus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03
@Max
Had a play with the beta unattended just used a hacked vista xml & seemed to work well. Didn't know about the new waik though.

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,888 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03
My xml all I done was remove <servicing> cause got an error there will look at later and plug in 7 key and it all worked. Like this new 7, seems much better than Vista
Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,888 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03
strange with the new imagex to /unmount /commit the image it takes over an hour, with old
Pack Image Time: 00:08:23 total with drivers

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 6,027 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Donator

for Windows7 use DISM to mount the Image!
Posted Image

ChimeraDev

ChimeraDev
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 19-July 06

My xml all I done was remove <servicing> cause got an error there will look at later and plug in 7 key and it all worked. Like this new 7, seems much better than Vista

How did you get setup to not show the product key page?

As of now I have two xml files (Autounattend.xml and Unattend.xml), I enter the product key in the WindowsPE phase, and two times in de Specialize phase (both files) and it just doesn't work. Any ideas?

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,888 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03

Thanks I'll look at it but the old imagex does still work also and faster than the new one

@ChimeraDev
2 xmls you are trying to do Audit passes?
That I don't have working yet but with single FULL xml I checked with WAIK 7. I placed on floppy but you can put on floppy/usb/%DVDroot% I had a near flawless UA installion and didn't ask for key :whistle:

sp00f

sp00f

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Joined 30-November 06

No need for DISM to mount, all other things... yes needs DISM

sp00f

sp00f

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Joined 30-November 06

No need for DISM to mount, all other things... yes needs DISM

How did you get setup to not show the product key page?

Put the default windows 7 key in the XML

Edited by sp00f, 24 January 2009 - 10:03 AM.

ChimeraDev

ChimeraDev
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 19-July 06
And were can I find the default Windows 7 key? Because as of now I enter my beta key I got from MS (and thus I need SkipMachineOOBE but that comes with more questions about network location and homegroup).

Thanks

ChimeraDev

ChimeraDev
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 19-July 06
Okay guys, something really weird is going on here... I somehow created an Autounattend.xml which works quite well (accept for the fact that I have to use SkipMachineOOBE), but when I change only one tiny thing (description+path from 1 application; new version) the oobeSystem doesn't run anymore...

At first I thought it has something to do with the way UltraEdit saves the file (because I rather edit one little application without installing the full AIK), but now I edited it with the use of the WSIM (remember, only 2 or 3 characters) and the oobeSystem still skips :/

Anybody has an explanation for this weird behavior?

razormoon

razormoon

Little boots...!

• PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Joined 17-February 06
@Max

Glad to see you're still working on VistaUA (7). It's one of my favorite pieces of software...
Looking to add my 2 cents in this particular forum. I just found out it exists! :blushing:

Anyone tried implementing Themes yet?
AND has anyone deleted all files from sources with *.WIM exception?

Edited by razormoon, 21 March 2009 - 12:27 PM.

Zero in 2012

sp00f

sp00f

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Joined 30-November 06
There is a themes addon on wincert.net

razormoon

razormoon

Little boots...!

• PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Joined 17-February 06
ty Spoof.

Playing with DISM now. Pretty powerful stuff. Too bad there are no docs on it that I can find...especially when it possesses an excruciatingly granular command line.

Found this from muiz

http://www.wincert.n...?showtopic=4939

Not having luck with the driver integration (hit and miss), it does mount/unmount at a good speed though.

BTW, tested removing everything but the *.wims from sources on VM.
Seems to WANT to work, but keeps looking for HDD drivers (?). Skipping that road for now. On the flip, I did extract Win7 Ultimate image and injected my own security templates/files (for built-in *renamed* Administrator account) and NTUSER.DATs in Users\Default. Works like a charm.

SOURCES\$OEM$\$$\SETUP\SCRIPTS\SETUPCOMPLETE.CMD working
SOURCES\$OEM$\$$\WEB is also working (desktop images)
SOURCES\$OEM$\$Docs\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Whateverfolder also working.

Woohoo

Edited by razormoon, 31 March 2009 - 09:41 PM.

Zero in 2012

fizban2

fizban2

MSFN Addict

• Super Moderator
  • 1,900 posts
  • Joined 14-April 05
remeber that because this is beta there is still verification code running, integrity checks might take a little longer. If it prevent corruption in my WIMs i'll take the extra 10 seconds :)

Razor moon have you looked at moving from the $oem$ structure to a datawim? something to look into as i am sure $oem$ won't be around forever

razormoon

razormoon

Little boots...!

• PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Joined 17-February 06
fizban, I was expecting your response from MaxXP. He's been going on about $OEM$ extinction since Vista beta which is why I posted on this thread. You're preaching to the choir... :P

That being said, I am just diving into Win7 and would like to know more about datawim. Quick rundown? Is it part of DSIM? Because I just started poking at it yesterday.

Verification code and what have you - I do not mind. I agree with you there on time taken. However, if you're running a slower processor it seems like a mindless waste and you find yourself wondering exactly what the **** thing is doing. You don't notice the expanse on say, a quad core. As long as it works, I'll wait.
Zero in 2012

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,888 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03
From latest and greatest unattend.chm

For details on creating a data image, see the topic Create a Data Image in the OEM Preinstallation Kit or Windows Automated Installation Kit. WAIK.chm

Although $OEM$ is still supported, it is no longer the preferred method of adding data.

I still use $OEM$ folders cause it's second nature since started doing this back with XP. Using my UA App to just copy things to appropriate folder then as far as SEVEN, mount image and move/copy everything where it need's to be. simple... no extra work and all is contained within 1 .wim

razormoon

razormoon

Little boots...!

• PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Joined 17-February 06
Right on MaxXP. I'm having issues with V7UA saying pkmgr missing? - I'm assuming you have not added DISM command? Looking forward to it Sir.

If $OEM$ works and since it is second nature to me also then it truly is difficult teaching a dog new tricks. Although I am open to learning something new. :)
Zero in 2012

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,888 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03
V7ua hasn't been released yet and VistaUA don't work with Seven cause pkgmgr is not in 7 sources

razormoon

razormoon

Little boots...!

• PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Joined 17-February 06
I'm noticing some access denied errors in dism.log (adding drivers). As mentioned in other thread, my issue may be putting all of this together from within W7 (as opposed to Vista).
Zero in 2012

ajua

ajua

Custom Installer Maker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts
  • Joined 16-April 05
A new WAIK for RC has been released. You can download it here.

Custom Installers for your unattended needs.

ricktendo

ricktendo

Group: Banned Members

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts
  • Joined 06-June 06

Thanks I'll look at it but the old imagex does still work also and faster than the new one

@ChimeraDev
2 xmls you are trying to do Audit passes?
That I don't have working yet but with single FULL xml I checked with WAIK 7. I placed on floppy but you can put on floppy/usb/%DVDroot% I had a near flawless UA installion and didn't ask for key :whistle:

I have been having trouble booting from my USB drive and have it see/launch my Autounattend.xml

It works fine from a DVD just not when I boot from the usb drive

My question is does anybody have any experience with aplying unattended file to the image?

dism /image:c:\mount\ /apply-unattend:c:\unattend.xml

I have tried applying it to Vista Ultimate in Install.wim but it does not take, my other question is: do I have to apply it to one of the Boot.wim images?

Edited by ricktendo64, 06 May 2009 - 08:48 AM.

ajua

ajua

Custom Installer Maker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts
  • Joined 16-April 05
Good question ricktendo64...

I'm making my bootable USB to try an unattended install of Win7 but i didn't apply the XML. I will try it just the way i always do with Vista to see if it works.

Did you use the new WAIK to update your XML file and point it to the new WIM image? I already did so.

The thing that your XML is working from DVD but not from USB is weird. It should get applied.

Custom Installers for your unattended needs.

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 6,027 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Donator

but the old imagex does still work also and faster than the new one

:blink: imageX is just a compatibility app which calls DISM, so it can't be faster :wacko:
Posted Image

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,888 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03

but the old imagex does still work also and faster than the new one

:blink: imageX is just a compatibility app which calls DISM, so it can't be faster :wacko:

Perhaps you don't understand. I am using my one application that I am running and creating Win 7 dvd's on XP, Vista and from Seven so I see all the different things. I am still in debug mode right now and trying to find the things that work and don't work

You can mount with imagex and then call dism if you want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN