medhunter

Native 64-Bit software List

23 posts in this topic

I'm not sure how .ram files are supposed to work, but all they seem to be are a text file with the "real" address for the stream, ie:

http://rockradioscrapbook.ca/chum-spragge-jun17-63.ram

just has this in it:

http://rockradioscrapbook.ca/chum-spragge-jun17-63.rm

If I plug that last address, (http://rockradioscrapbook.ca/chum-spragge-jun17-63.rm), in my installed MPC-HC x64, with Shark007's codecs installed, using Ctrl+O and paste that address in "Open:" and hit OK, then the stream plays just fine.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

I'll return to the drawing board and try that again.

And by text file, I mean that the .ram file can be opened with notepad. But from my brief looking around, all of the few .ram files I checked on that website just have the exact same file name inside the .ram file, but with the extension changed to .rm. So, after you download more of them to confirm my theory. whenever you want to play one of the streams from that site, you might try just changing http://xxxxxxxxx.rm, plug that address into MPC-HC and see if it will play. They do on my version of MPC-HC. Good luck.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

I have installed Sharky's loot, and it is working with MPC-HC x64. Now to get it to play by clicking a link....hmmmm

One thing now is that there really isn't a workable 64-bit option for browsing on XP x64 Edition.  I used an unofficial SeaMonkey build for awhile from 2011 to 2013.  The builds that are available now target Windows 7 or higher because of the Visual Studio version that they use.  The developer could easily put in an XP compatibility flag prior to compiling his code, but won't.  Note that even Vista is out of the running here.

There was a chromium browser who's 64-bit build still worked, but it appears that will be short-lived.  The x64 build of Pale Moon for XP bit the dust a year ago.

Also note this one for Pale Moon, because it's a BIGGIE.  Once v27 rolls around, the Atom version will be discontinued, and no current version of Pale Moon will be operational on XP any more.

For now, Firefox works (personally I detest Australis, but it does run well at work)

:)

Oh

8 hours ago, JodyT said:

One thing now is that there really isn't a workable 64-bit option for browsing on XP x64 Edition.  I used an unofficial SeaMonkey build for awhile from 2011 to 2013.  The builds that are available now target Windows 7 or higher because of the Visual Studio version that they use.  The developer could easily put in an XP compatibility flag prior to compiling his code, but won't.  Note that even Vista is out of the running here.

There was a chromium browser who's 64-bit build still worked, but it appears that will be short-lived.  The x64 build of Pale Moon for XP bit the dust a year ago.

Also note this one for Pale Moon, because it's a BIGGIE.  Once v27 rolls around, the Atom version will be discontinued, and no current version of Pale Moon will be operational on XP any more.

For now, Firefox works (personally I detest Australis, but it does run well at work)

:)

Oh, im so sad to hear about Palemoon, is the web browser im using right now...

The problem of palemoon is if you want to compile yourself, they only provide VS 13+ solution, then at least is necessary have Windows 7+Viual 2013 to build

Waterfox (64-bit build of Firefox) and the latest VirtualBox work on XP x64.

I really wish there was a way to get MSYS2 working. Neither the 32-bit or the 64-bit versions run properly on XP x64.