The Solution for Seagate 7200.11 HDDs

It seems Gradius's guide was posted a little over 24 hours after aviko's (in polish). Gradius should be giving credit (at the very least) to aviko and link to his original posts, otherwise I will edit the post.

Hi, all..

My nick Shuky on polish forum, here on msdn, and gsustek on hddhuru is the same person, I..;)

I start to exploring the internet for solution on russian, and polish forums, using google translator,..

When Nirvanowiec on polish forum answer me on my queston, i go to litvanian site and try this solution.on my st332013as 0 LBA i think before anyone..here is the proof..

http://forum.hddguru.com/solution-for-7200...t10714-120.html

then,after guys treath me so well, i create tutorial...on hddguru ,site..

Aviko, you remember me?;)

Croatia....Jadransko more..

Yura roools!!!!!

Okzo do all research....and deploy to site.

Edited by Shuky

Hi,

I tried to fix ST3500620AS with HP12 firmware (HP OEM), initially showing LED:000000CC FAddr:002493D1.

All went fine but after the last step

F3 T>m0,2,2,,,,,22

nothing happens, even after 10 minutes. Drive is still not recognized by BIOS.

I tried several times, the initial LED:000000CC FAddr:002493D1 does not show up anymore.

So has anyone an idea ora link or ...

Thanks!

Hi Aviko,

my problem was to use gradius's description.

I follwoed yours and now my drive is recognized by the BIOS.

So it is proved, that this also works for HP OEM ST3500620AS.

Boy, I'm so happy ... if you ever come to Germany to Ravensburg, near the lake of constance and the beautiful alps,

I'll pay for all the beer you can drink !!!

:thumbup

Edited by rudy17

Aviko,

Thank you for the clarified post on page 27 - that should be on the first page so people can find it and have the correct information.

I'll let you know how it works out for me, hopefully my data cable will be here tomorrow.

avico,

What hardware do you recommend I buy from ebay, I'm in Europe, to perform the bsy fix?

I'm not familiar with electronics so the simplest the better. Thanks.

just search at home any usb to gsm phone cable. when you find one, connect it to usb port, if it detects as new hardware (and install after giving drivers) as USB-to-serial port with COMx where x is number, it will work. Did you find any cable?

Aviko,

Thank you for the clarified post on page 27 - that should be on the first page so people can find it and have the correct information.

I'll let you know how it works out for me, hopefully my data cable will be here tomorrow.

sure, but i dont want to be mentioned in any form.

:thumbup:thumbup:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

THanky very much gradius

my hard disk and back to life.

you're a genius really.

you're a genius you deserve.

I had three partitions format with osx leopard mbr mode.

I see them all hours of the three partitions I have already recovered somewhat 'data I am missing the rest ....... This affair

post-228402-1233746119_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tristano_74

:thumbup:thumbup:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

THanky very mach gradius

my hard disk and back to life.

you're a genius really.

you're a genius you deserve.

I had three partitions format with osx leopard mbr mode.

I see them all hours of the three partitions I have already recovered somewhat 'data I am missing the rest ....... This affair

Sure, no problem. :blushing:

Now they will think you're me. :lol:

just search at home any usb to gsm phone cable. when you find one, connect it to usb port, if it detects as new hardware (and install after giving drivers) as USB-to-serial port with COMx where x is number, it will work. Did you find any cable?

thanks, I don't have such cable at home, I have ordered ca-42 imitation from ebay, hope it works

thanks, I don't have such cable at home, I have ordered ca-42 imitation from ebay, hope it works

guys like me made the interface directly connected to the serial com port without any cable

My data is back, and all because of Aviko's help and patience. I really hope that the fully founder of this method for unbricking drives also get all the creds. Aviko definately knows what he is doing and I cant tell how grateful I am.

Now spread this information of unbricking the disks so data wont be put in other hands.

Ok, just as reference to others. I followed the 1st post and fixed my hard disk. Below are details:

1. Power off everything

2. Unscrew PCB from HDA, put cardboard to isolate the 4 contacts (i think it was 4)

3. Power up hard disk using power from PC

4. Use hyperterminal -> Ctrl-Z

5. Issue the /2 and Z commands

F3 T>/2

F3 2>Z

Spin Down Complete

Elapsed Time 0.128 msecs

6. Remove the cardboard isolation. Screw in all remaining screws to secure PCB to HDA.

7. Issue the rest of the commands

F3 2>U

Spin Up Complete

Elapsed Time 6.736 secs

F3 2>/1

F3 1>N1

F3 1>/T

F3 T>i4,1,22

F3 T>

8. After the above, I waited a while (few minutes) and then powered off the hard disk (remove and reseat the hard disk power cable from PC)

9. Issue the final command

F3 T>m0,2,2,,,,,22

Max Wr Retries = 00, Max Rd Retries = 00, Max ECC T-Level = 14, Max Certify Rewr

ite Retries = 00C8

User Partition Format 4% complete, Zone 00, Pass 00, LBA 00004339, ErrCode 000

User Partition Format 4% complete, Zone 00, Pass 00, LBA 00008DED, ErrCode 000

00080, Elapsed Time 0 mins 10 secs

User Partition Format Successful - Elapsed Time 0 mins 10 secs

F3 T>

The above took much longer than expected. I think in my case it took at least 2-4 minutes. As the 1st post says, NO MATTER WHAT, please DO NOT POWER OFF the hard disk after you've keyed in m0,2,2..... really have no idea what might happen.

Note that I am NO data recovery expert, I DO NOT work with s***gate hard disks daily, and I KNOW NUTS ABOUT THE COMMANDS above, but I know they fixed my crap 7200.11.

I'm just posting the above as a reference, based on my experience using the 1st post to fix my hard disk. I've completed copying out all my data and now am using it (after upgrade to SD1A) but am very cautious about it.

Actually I don't really have much confidence in it and I might go get a WD hard disk and leave this as paperweight or I might just film myself hammering it to bits and posting the video on youtube :P

Hi again,

Now i've tried the loopback test so my setup is correct.

I dont get any response from the terminal, I dont get "F3 T>", but i can type..

I placed a paper card between the motor connector and the harddiskmainboard like in post #1, attached the tx and rx cables, opened hyperterminal, and then powered on the drive, and then pushed CTRL+Z... But i don't get anything?

Anyone that can help me? Over msn maybe?

I have a 3500320AS with SD15 firmwire. And i bought i RS232-TTL usb-converter.

I have the same problem as Alexx86 the set up is right but I get nothing but the small arrow mark on hyper terminal. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I have the same drive and firmware version Thanks

Edited by aikidoman