The Solution for Seagate 7200.11 HDDs

maxjix I had the same problem as you mine was happening because I was typing the commands in wrong.

hi guys i might try this, as seagate still not getting back to me.

I cant see my HDD in windows or bios and the victoria prog that fatlip suggested worked first but now avg says its a trojan so i didnt even get to try it with my affected HDD.

I have a Mator diamondmax22 500gb STM3500320AS and aviko assures me that this technique here for the seagate will work for me also. as they're both the same drives. i cant see my HDD in windows or bios.

where can I get the parts I need in the UK. Any british people here who have done this with success post back here?

thanks

Im British and I done it successfully had a bit of a problem at first but a member on here "Anth" guided me through it whos also from GB. He recommended me a 3210 data cable (must be a manual switch 1 not auto) I bought 1 of these which was listed as manual but was an auto switching cable so it was no good so Anth sent me a cable he had. I just used the RX & TX and powered the hdd from another pc psu.

and am still getting that same bloody arrow. Zero response from the terminal. This is the 2nd RS232-TTL adaptor I have tried now.

I have just found out that the owner of the drive tried to update the firmware. Apparently the update found the drive (LBA 0) and continued with the update - the firmware I get back from the diagnostics is: SD1A. Is the drive now unrecovable - and how come the firmware update went through anyway, without apparently fixing the drive?

you can communicate with the drive via diagnostics ? the seagate iso ?

and am still getting that same bloody arrow. Zero response from the terminal. This is the 2nd RS232-TTL adaptor I have tried now.

I have just found out that the owner of the drive tried to update the firmware. Apparently the update found the drive (LBA 0) and continued with the update - the firmware I get back from the diagnostics is: SD1A. Is the drive now unrecovable - and how come the firmware update went through anyway, without apparently fixing the drive?

Negative. My BIOS finds the drive intermitently - 1 in 5 reboots and always with LB0 - and when I tested the Firmware update disk made from the "MooseDT-SD1A-3D4D-16-32MB.ISO" it displays the current firmware as SD1A... so I'm assuming that the update went through at some point. He told me that he'd tried it several times!

I still cannot make any kind of connection with the hard disk via TTL - despite following the instructions to the letter. I have tried 2 TTL Convertors and 1 Nokia Cable (3210) with the same negative results. The only on-screen response has been that arrow. (Not the '>' cursor)

Negative. My BIOS finds the drive intermitently - 1 in 5 reboots and always with LB0 - and when I tested the Firmware update disk made from the "MooseDT-SD1A-3D4D-16-32MB.ISO" it displays the current firmware as SD1A... so I'm assuming that the update went through at some point. He told me that he'd tried it several times!

I still cannot make any kind of connection with the hard disk via TTL - despite following the instructions to the letter. I have tried 2 TTL Convertors and 1 Nokia Cable (3210) with the same negative results. The only on-screen response has been that arrow. (Not the '>' cursor)

how about downgrade it to AD15 ? when you connect to terminal you have only pcb or disk with pcb ?

Please help me!!!! see the pic...

erroreek6.th.jpg

What Can I do?

Here is what you can do:

Tell whats Model, F/W ? Do you have connected terminal to pcb or pcb with hdd?

What you do between send Z and U ? Describe everything. Screenshot doesnt tell much. As I think you did nothing after Z and before U.

how about downgrade it to AD15 ? when you connect to terminal you have only pcb or disk with pcb ?

I have tried - PCB totally detached, PCB Raised from motor contacts using non-conductive card & PCB attached.

I'll try and find a copy of the AD15 firmware. At this point, I am not holding out much hope. Could be other things that he's tried that I've not been told.

Please help me!!!! see the pic...

erroreek6.th.jpg

What Can I do?

Here is what you can do:

Tell whats Model, F/W ? Do you have connected terminal to pcb or pcb with hdd?

What you do between send Z and U ? Describe everything. Screenshot doesnt tell much. As I think you did nothing after Z and before U.

Ok, STM3500320AS firmware MX15 problem BSY error, HDD not recognized.

I have connected terminal to pcb (only).

Between Z and U I have simply mounted PCB on HDD with power connected.

Gradius/Aviko,

Firstly thanks for your efforts on this issue.

I performed all the steps as in the first post (Had BSY problem) .

after last command F3 T>m0,2,2,,,,,22 (enter)

the response i get is only 2 lines instead of 3 and says completed successfully in 0 seconds.

when i connect the drive to SATA, it's now recognized by BIOS, SMART test passes ok, but:

1. Can't boot from drive.

2. Can't install OS on drive, OS installation can't find and drives.

3. when connecting as secondary drive, I can see the drive in the device manager, but drive doesn't show up in active drives.

in all cases computer is extremely slow, and takes a long time to boot.

Any ideas?

Gradius/Aviko,

Firstly thanks for your efforts on this issue.

I performed all the steps as in the first post (Had BSY problem) .

after last command F3 T>m0,2,2,,,,,22 (enter)

the response i get is only 2 lines instead of 3 and says completed successfully in 0 seconds.

when i connect the drive to SATA, it's now recognized by BIOS, SMART test passes ok, but:

1. Can't boot from drive.

2. Can't install OS on drive, OS installation can't find and drives.

3. when connecting as secondary drive, I can see the drive in the device manager, but drive doesn't show up in active drives.

in all cases computer is extremely slow, and takes a long time to boot.

Any ideas?

connect to terminal, dont take off pcb. ctrl+z then F,,22 then m0,6,2,0,0,0,0,22