The Solution for Seagate 7200.11 HDDs

I'm on the final bit(F3 T>m0,2,2,,,,,22) and its been going for over 2 hours now.

The tutorial said up to 10 mins and others said it took about 1 hour.

I have the 1TB Seagate Hard drive, so is it normal for it to take this long?

Wait a further 35 minutes, then unpower the thingy, test if by any chance it is now unbricked, if not re-do from start.

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

Thank you very much.

Ho sistemato il mio Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 da 500gb recuperando tutti i dati.

La Seafate mi ha chiesto per la riparazione del disco dalle 800 alle 1.300 euro, con la tua soluzione ho speso 20 euro compreso il cacciavite Torx 6

Great, Marco

(I'm a Newbie)Hey Guys : I've read the threads and followed the instructions for what I believe is the 0 LBA error. I ran the bios and the HD shows up so I would believe that's the case. I run through the instructions with this http://www.ebay.com/itm/280748167812?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 tool. I'm using a firewire to USB cable. The process i follow is the same as on thread #1, I power the HD after I have the hyperterminal configured and connected. I run the "m0,2,2,0,0,0,0,22" (enter) cmd and my results similar but the User Partition says : User Partition Format Successful - Elasped Time 0 mins 00 sec. I than power down, disconnect and move the HD to the PC and power up but I still get that same error. Your assistance is grately appreicated.

post-344276-0-28882000-1326866843_thumb.

@dsdeez83 your output is not normal, all the values in the first line are 00 and it is wrong. What was the problem? I believe you did something that ruined your access to stored data...

My problem is my Seagate 7200.11 HDD wont boot, but in BIOS is it recognized. I also set it up as a Secondary HDD and it reflects in Windows as "0".

@dsdeez83 your output is not normal, all the values in the first line are 00 and it is wrong. What was the problem? I believe you did something that ruined your access to stored data...

My problem is my Seagate 7200.11 HDD wont boot, but in BIOS is it recognized. I also set it up as a Secondary HDD and it reflects in Windows as "0".

I also wanted to add, I have HP24 Firmware vs some of these threads showed a seagate firmware.

please I need help .I ¨m using CA42 cabel y have black GND green und white tx und rx end one red no more.I connect blacr white and green I put power to de hdd but in the hyperteminal when I write dont show anything.Need I to conect 3V, and where only have I de red.please what can I do??

please I need help .I ¨m using CA42 cabel y have black GND green und white tx und rx end one red no more.I connect blacr white and green I put power to de hdd but in the hyperteminal when I write dont show anything.Need I to conect 3V, and where only have I de red.please what can I do??

READ FGA's:

expecially #6 AND the link given

jaclaz

but the User Partition says : User Partition Format Successful - Elasped Time 0 mins 00 sec. I than power down, disconnect and move the HD to the PC and power up but I still get that same error. Your assistance is grately appreicated.

The only other thing I can think of that might work is to try the optional commands given by Aviko here

I also wanted to add, I have HP24 Firmware vs some of these threads showed a seagate firmware.

All HP firmware before HP26 suffer from the same symptoms (and uses the same fix)

Hello.

I dont understand nothing about electronics... can anyone help me?

Are these converters valid for trying to unbrick my HDD?

RS232 To TTL Converter Module Built-in MAX232CPE Transfer Chip With 4PCS Cables

http://www.ebay.es/itm/RS232-To-TTL-Converter-Module-Built-in-MAX232CPE-Transfer-Chip-With-4PCS-Cables-/270845851440?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0fabb730

RS232 To TTL Converter MAX232EPE W/ Power + 4pcs cable

http://www.ebay.es/itm/RS232-To-TTL-Converter-MAX232EPE-W-Power-4pcs-cable-/170647222229?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item27bb5df7d5

MAX232EPE? MAX232CPE?...

regards.

Ukiah

but the User Partition says : User Partition Format Successful - Elasped Time 0 mins 00 sec. I than power down, disconnect and move the HD to the PC and power up but I still get that same error. Your assistance is grately appreicated.

The only other thing I can think of that might work is to try the optional commands given by Aviko here

All HP firmware before HP26 suffer from the same symptoms (and uses the same fix)

So you are suggesting the extra coding in the hyperterminal? correct

Drive is busy example, not solution: drive ST3500320AS SD15 remove 3 screws nearest heads connector, motor connected, put something between pcb and hda to lift pcb and prevent contact.power on, wait until drive stops motor, if you dont wait at this moment you got 000000CE error after next command

(ctrl+z)

F3 T>/2

F3 2>Z

Spin Down Complete

Elapsed Time 0.146 msecs

remove isolation and mount pcb as normal

F3 2>U

Spin Up Complete

Elapsed Time 6.864 secs

this part is not necessary, just checking is everything ok, use when first try fails (F712 work only on 500g 7200.11 with firmware SD15, when you updated f/w just skip this part

F3 2>/

F3 T>F712

Byte:0712: RealTimeUpdatedFlags = 00 00

Byte:0712: Bit:0, HPA_SET_BY_SETMAX = 0

Byte:0712: Bit:1, HPA_SET_BY_SETMAX_EXT = 0

Byte:0712: Bit:2, DCO_SET_ACTIVE = 0

Byte:0712: Bit:3, CONGEN_READ_FROM_MEDIA = 0 <- configuration not loaded from surface

F3 T>F,,22

Drive Configuration restored to defaults.

F3 T>F712

Byte:0712: RealTimeUpdatedFlags = 08 00

Byte:0712: Bit:0, HPA_SET_BY_SETMAX = 0

Byte:0712: Bit:1, HPA_SET_BY_SETMAX_EXT = 0

Byte:0712: Bit:2, DCO_SET_ACTIVE = 0

Byte:0712: Bit:3, CONGEN_READ_FROM_MEDIA = 1 <- done

F3 T3>/1

F3 1>N1

F3 1>/

F3 T>m0,2,2,0,0,0,0,22

Max Wr Retries = 00, Max Rd Retries = 00, Max ECC T-Level = 00, Max Certify Rewrite Retries = 0000

User Partition Format 5% complete, Zone 00, Pass 00, LBA 00008DED, ErrCode 00000080, Elapsed Time 0 mins 05 secs

User Partition Format Successful - Elapsed Time 0 mins 05 secs

F3 T>

(finished, power off, connect disk to pc and check your data)