The Solution for Seagate 7200.11 HDDs

:realmad:

I am another unlucky and sad-angry guy.

I've a 7200.11 SATA ST3750330AS with SD15 firmware.

I've update the firmware now on SD1A but have again BSY error problem.

How I can do for fix and recovery my data?

What I can do?! are all my files lose?

The solution posted is difficult for me.

I'm italian, if there is an italian guy that want try to help me, I would appreciate.

Thank all for support.

There is an UNOFFICIAL italian translation of the guide here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=129366&hl=

Images and a "full" guide with images is here:

http://www.mapleleafmountain.com/seagatebrick.html

Hey everybody, just one more quick question, sorry --

are the guides in the first pages of this thread still the best to go by, or have new approaches emerged in the course of the thread that are easier/cheaper that I should be looking into instead?

Just read this post or the post just above yours.

jaclaz

wow! many thanks for helping me!

thx bowbe for your help i think my cable is dead because it's not recognize but xp anymore :(

Have you tried uninstalling the cable within Device Manager, rebooting, then re-installing?

If there was any damage during your attempt, then it most likely would have just shorted out your board (spindles and head should still be okay). Try connecting the drive back up to your PSU, then power on the PC.

If it is still good, you should be able to hear the drive 'boot up' and start clicking like the PC is starting up.

Of course, you won't see it in your BIOS, but just the fact that the board is still able to spin up the drive should (hopefully) be proof enough that your drive and the PCB is still intact.

Keep trying and see if you can get the cable working again.

Edited by bowbe

thx bowbe for your help i think my cable is dead because it's not recognize but xp anymore :(

Have you tried uninstalling the cable within Device Manager, rebooting, then re-installing?

the cable doesn't appears in the device manager anymore :( i don't know why because it worked yesterday and i changed nothing

i tried different usb ports always the same.... nothing :'(

Edited by OliKel

My DKU-5 cable is working...I'm only using the the white and the red cable...no ground,no additional power

F3 T>/2

F3 2>Z

Spin Down Complete

Elapsed Time 0.129 msecs

after removing the cardboard...

F3 2>U

DiagError 00006008

Spin Error

Elapsed Time 7 mins 17 secs

R/W Status 2 R/W Error 84150180

Please help me!!!

Edited by tssalgado

It's the same for me, my disk make a sound every time I power it on.

It has never fallen yet.

my sound is in attachment, he is different from that of mrkimrkonja

WolfDie and mrkimrkonja

I have found the same problem and one solution at this webpage: http://forum.ixbt.com/topic.cgi?id=11:36760-134

okapi had the same problem: Error 1009 DETSEC 00006008

I have translated this with google translator:

"Push your finger on the card on top of contacts leading to germoblok and again imposed a command U (no extraction toe) - and everything turned out! Next was the instructions about not remembering the finger, which is continuously pressed (not with all the force of course) has been all to the end and received the following"

And this:

"It is clear that simply losing contact during the process! Perhaps it is better to double up a bit, removing the cost and certainly not prosovyvat thick gasket materials. Although, I had a thin celluloid."

Then I will to open and new forum with pichi's solution, not okapi's solution ... lol

:sneaky: ... it is a joke

This seems to be the answer to my problem...but can someone explain it further???

This seems to be the answer to my problem...but can someone explain it further???

More or less it should mean that the contacts AFTER REMOVING the cardboard are NOT making contact properly.

The suggested solution is to press slightly the board with a finger (obviously through some insulating material or with a rubber glove/finger protection) in the area above the contacts to make them "touch" and re-issue the

F3 2>U

command.

If you have VERY steady hand you can very carefully untighten a bit the surrounding screws and re-tighten them.

A good idea would be, before trying this, and with no power connected, to disassemble again the board and to thoroughfully clean the contacts with a specific contact cleaner on both board and drive and use a thinner cardboard/plastic insulator. (if using a plastic card be VERY careful about statics)

jaclaz

It's the same for me, my disk make a sound every time I power it on.

It has never fallen yet.

my sound is in attachment, he is different from that of mrkimrkonja

This is the kind of problem I'm talking about.

Any help will be useful!

:whistle:

Hi can any one tell me how to do a loop back test and see if the cable is working correctly. And what I have try do as well is that I search on my local craigslist and Kijiji ads for the same hard drive and found some one selling it. It had the same firmware and same model but not manufacture on the same year the one that messup was recent then the other one. I upgraded the firmware on the drive that was working took out the PCB board replace it on the drive that had the problem and it didn’t work instead it was doing funny noises like it was knocking. The working PCB board should have fixed the issues. I don’t know why it didn’t work?

More or less it should mean that the contacts AFTER REMOVING the cardboard are NOT making contact properly.

The suggested solution is to press slightly the board with a finger (obviously through some insulating material or with a rubber glove/finger protection) in the area above the contacts to make them "touch" and re-issue the

F3 2>U

command.

If you have VERY steady hand you can very carefully untighten a bit the surrounding screws and re-tighten them.

A good idea would be, before trying this, and with no power connected, to disassemble again the board and to thoroughfully clean the contacts with a specific contact cleaner on both board and drive and use a thinner cardboard/plastic insulator. (if using a plastic card be VERY careful about statics)

jaclaz

Now its's clearer...thanks, I'll do as you said. :thumbup

Hi,

My imitation Nokia CA-42 cable arrived from Hong Kong yesterday.

It is recognized using the Prolific driver.

However, the loopback test does not work. I have tried every combination of the wires. I also used the info from

Post #1343 on page 68. The wires on my cable are even the same colour and connected to the same pins!

I used a multi-meter to test the connectivity of each pin and corresponding coloured wire.

The cable shows up in Device Manager as "Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port (COM5)".

I used the following Hyperterminal settings: "38400 8 None 1 None" and echo is off.

The blue (tx) and white (rx) wires are connected. When I type the cursor just flashes.

Thanks in advance for your help. Without you guys I would have lost all my data for sure. Now, I'm a few steps

closer.

Dan

PS edited to fix spacing (cut & pasted from notepad...)

PPS I also used the multi-meter to test the voltage across each wire and the GND (black wire). There is no voltage on any combination...

Edited by Airmaster23

Salut Olikel je vois que tu es français, j'ai réparé 1 maxtor et un seagate comme le tien, en achetant ce petit adaptateur sur une une boutique ebay

La description complête de mon montage :

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...807&st=1160

J'espère que ça pourra t'aider.

Cordialement

Clem

ah cool merci moi j'ai pris la même chose mais en usb en bulgarie lol

j'attends de le recevoir ^^

encore merci man je te tiens au courant sur ce fofo dans quelques jours j'espère :)

par contre moi j'ai l'impression que le moteur est mort car il fait pu de bruits (déjà qu'il était silencieux alors.... lol)

merci encore*bye