Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Gradius2

The Solution for Seagate 7200.11 HDDs

Bleh this just doesn't want to work for me.

It it supposed to show something like this

Max Wr Retries = 00, Max Rd Retries = 00, Max ECC T-Level = 14, Max Certify Rewrite Retries = 00C8

User Partition Format 10% complete, Zone 00, Pass 00, LBA 00004339, ErrCode 00000080, Elapsed Time 0 mins 05 secs

User Partition Format Successful - Elapsed Time 0 mins 05 secs

I get something like this

Max Wr Retries = 00, Max Rd Retries = 00, Max ECC T-Level = 14, Max Certify Rewrite Retries = 00C8

User Partition Format Successful - Elapsed Time 0 mins 05 secs

I plugged the drive in and it is still not detected. Did I do something wrong or am I just hooped?

Edited by stormkiller22

I plugged the drive in and it is still not detected. Did I do something wrong or am I just hooped?

What you report is the output of the LBA0 fix. :w00t:

If the drive is not detected, you have a BSY problem (and the "cure" you applied for LBA0 won't work). :whistle:

If the drive is detected BUT with "0 capacity", you have a LBA0 problem (and the "cure" you applied should work) :unsure:

It's just like you had a cold and instead of taking an aspirin and going to bed you bandaged your left little finger: NOT really effective in the case of a cold, but not that bad in case of a cut in left little finger. ;)

• BSY problem->BSY cure
  • LBA0 problem->LBA0 cure

jaclaz

What you report is the output of the LBA0 fix. :w00t:

If the drive is not detected, you have a BSY problem (and the "cure" you applied for LBA0 won't work). :whistle:

If the drive is detected BUT with "0 capacity", you have a LBA0 problem (and the "cure" you applied should work) :unsure:

It's just like you had a cold and instead of taking an aspirin and going to bed you bandaged your left little finger: NOT really effective in the case of a cold, but not that bad in case of a cut in left little finger. ;)

• BSY problem->BSY cure
  • LBA0 problem->LBA0 cure

jaclaz

The SATA cable was trash it worked!

Hello I need Help!!..im Heve Cable.. Nokia CA-42 108382605201 MADE IN THAILAND...om open to

c86b1eb659b3.jpg

dab86daf5ad3.jpg

7d682ceba5dd.jpg

help me I do not know where a cable!,

RX, TX,GND, HELP PLIZZ

Hello I need Help!!..im Heve Cable.. Nokia CA-42 108382605201 MADE IN THAILAND...om open to

help me I do not know where a cable!,

RX, TX,GND, HELP PLIZZ

When all else fails, try reading the instructions :whistle: See the FGA

Pay especially attention to what is written under point #6. You might find the link given there of particular interest.

Edited by BlouBul

Hi folks,

i have a Barracuda ES.2 that is bricked. I've read this thread unlocking of ES.2 and it shows that the recommended steps are almost identical.

Now my problem is the last step in the Hyperterminal. I typed the last command F3 T>m0,2,2,0,0,0,0,22 but then nothing happened. I know it can take a while to complete but I'm waiting almost an hour now. I got the bad feeling it wont work this way.

Now I'm asking you how i should proceed!

I hope someone can help me. Thank you!

greetz

Daniel

Hi folks,

i have a Barracuda ES.2 that is bricked. I've read this thread unlocking of ES.2 and it shows that the recommended steps are almost identical.

Now my problem is the last step in the Hyperterminal. I typed the last command F3 T>m0,2,2,0,0,0,0,22 but then nothing happened. I know it can take a while to complete but I'm waiting almost an hour now. I got the bad feeling it wont work this way.

greetz

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

With the 7200.11's it is not a problem switching off and restarting if it takes too long. See here

I do not think it will be a problem for the ES2 as well. Give it another hour and restart then.

Good Luck!

Hi folks,

greetz

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

With the 7200.11's it is not a problem switching off and restarting if it takes too long. See here

I do not think it will be a problem for the ES2 as well. Give it another hour and restart then.

Good Luck!

Thanks for your quick response. Can I just unplug the SATA power plug from the HD or should I power down the whole PC? And a last question: Do I have to repeat all the required steps then or just the last?

Thanks again BlouBul!

Thanks for your quick response. Can I just unplug the SATA power plug from the HD or should I power down the whole PC? And a last question: Do I have to repeat all the required steps then or just the last?

Thanks again BlouBul!

Normally you just pull out the sata power and wait a minute.

From 7200.11 guide:

At this point, many say you need to disconnect the SATA power cable from the drive and wait one minute. Yes, count to sixty. Then plug the SATA power cable back into the drive. There is a bit of debate about this step in the forums but that is what I did and it worked fine in my case. *IF and only if* you choose not to disconnect drive power temporarily, you need to at least change back to the test level prompt (type F3 1>/T (enter)) at this point before continuing.

Now back in HyperTerminal, you'll need to hit CTRL-Z to get a fresh prompt

F3 T>

And it's time to regenerate the partitions with the command (notice the lower case here)

F3 T>m0,2,2,0,0,0,0,22 (enter) <-------- note, those are 'zeros' not 'ohs', i.e. the digit, not the letter

Thank you BlouBul,

after replugging the power it was just a matter of seconds. Backing up data as I write. Finally.

Best wishes

Daniel

Thank you BlouBul,

after replugging the power it was just a matter of seconds. Backing up data as I write. Finally.

You're welcome :D

Glad you managed to fix it :thumbup

Hey folks

I have fixed a few of these BSY disks now but stumbled across one yesterday that behaved differently. When I put the PCB back it sounds like it tries to spin up but fails and then repeatedly tries again. So it's like a 'bzzzzz', 'silence', 'bzzzzz', 'silence', 'bzzzzz', 'silence', 'bzzzzz', 'silence', 'bzzzzz', 'silence', 'bzzzzz' and so on. Have anyone stumbled across something similar and if so, is there a fix?

Have anyone stumbled across something similar and if so, is there a fix?

YES, MAYBE, but NOT here.

WHAT is the difficult part in "this thread is ONLY for LBA0 and BSY problems on the 7200.11"? :unsure:

Compare with point #1 "FOREWORD" of the read-me-first:

Quick questionnaire :w00t::

Q1: Is it a 7200.11

A1: If yes add 1, if no add 0 and go to end of questionnare

Q2: Is it a BSY problem?

A2:If yes add 1, if no add 0

Q3:Is it a LBA0 problem?

A3:If yes add 1, if no add 0

If your total is 2 or more post on the main thread, if below 2 start a new thread. :whistle:

jaclaz

WHAT is the difficult part in "this thread is ONLY for LBA0 and BSY problems on the 7200.11"? :unsure:

It did start out as a BSY problem and all symptoms were exactly the same. I posted here because I thought it could have been a BSY fix going bad and that someone would recognize the symptoms as that. So don't be so quick to judge here.

Quick questionnaire :w00t::

Q1: Is it a 7200.11

A1: If yes add 1, if no add 0 and go to end of questionnare

Q2: Is it a BSY problem?

A2:If yes add 1, if no add 0

1, since that was I thought it started as and I thought, and maybe still think, that it's a flavour of BSY

Q3:Is it a LBA0 problem?

A3:If yes add 1, if no add 0

If your total is 2 or more post on the main thread, if below 2 start a new thread. :whistle:

1+1 should be 2... right? I can also whisle... :whistle: