The Solution for Seagate 7200.11 HDDs

Not that it means anything, but for the record ACE:

http://www.acelaboratory.com/news.php

announced a solution on 18th November:

18th of November 2008

PC-3000 for Windows UDMA with Data Extractor UDMA

We are preparing the release of Beta Version of PC-3000 Utility for HDD Seagate 7200.11 which helps to solve the problem of HDD being detected with 0 GB.

That will be the unique feature which no other HDD repair and data recovery tool in the whole world possesses!

I presume that at the time of the announcement they alredy had made some tests, and had the sequence of commands at hand...:unsure:

jaclaz

So? Okzo found solution on september/october. So please, get lost.

To Datenshi:

open usb case in you cable, if it looks like this, it will work.

89_1233508077.jpg

94_1233508152.jpg

pinout:

2 (white) - RX

4 (blue) - TX

5 (black) - ground

not sure about which one is rx and which tx, just try. remember to choose right COM port number which belongs to prolific usb-to-serial adapter and proper baud rate for 7200.11 it is 38400 n 1 and no flow control

cable connected to 7200.7 (baud 9600n1 no flow control) :

1_1233508200.jpg

i changed post because not all viewers are registered.

Edited by aviko

A proof? :D He said in that post: "I prefer to do it by myself, not clicking 'Solution' button, I prefer to understand what I am doing instead of clicking 'next'". And that files just show what that "Solution" and "Next" buttons mean. You are badly mistaken, Mr. Gradius :>

Enough with this OFFTOPIC stuff.

Edited by Gradius2

A proof? :D He said in that post: "I prefer to do it by myself, not clicking 'Solution' button, I prefer to understand what I am doing instead of clicking 'next'". And that files just show what that "Solution" and "Next" buttons mean. You are badly mistaken, Mr. Gradius :>

The true is, if it weren't for PC3k guys, we would never had such solution. So the credits belongs to them since start, and this is my last reply related to it, I don't care at all if you think I'm wrong or not.

Enough with this OFFTOPIC stuff.

Is someone paying you for these blames or what? Anyway if its true or not, if he dont publish this information all of you will still sit on a** with your failed baracudas and waiting for an miracle.

Edited by aviko

Ok, lets forget that aviko kid and lets go back to the topic.

If I have time I'll put a software to automate the process, between today or tomorrow this will helps the newbies around. :blushing:

kid? who is a kid?

automating process is not a good idea, every drive is different. this really shouldnt be used without attention. how do you recognize on which port you need to connect? how you recognize that drive is ready for commands? its really good to leave it as is.

So? Okzo found solution on september/october. So please, get lost.

Look, it seems to me like you have some problems with English, beside obviously lacking any form of politeness:

Not that it means anything, but for the record

the above means in plain English, I don't care who did it before, I am old enough to stay away from flamewars, you posted a link, I read it and let you know that what you extrapolated from it was not the whole story.

jaclaz

the above means in plain English, I don't care who did it before, I am old enough to stay away from flamewars, you posted a link, I read it and let you know that what you extrapolated from it was not the whole story.

I pointed date when solutions were available to users. Of course they worked some time on it before release, but there was no way to stole it.

Sorry for my english, as you see its not my native language.

Actually, there is nothing you should be sorry about your English, but much about your aggressive attitude towards me, and other people participating to this thread.

You may want, besides taking a crash course in manners and netiquette, review the Rules of this board:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=18408

with particular attention to Rule #7.b

7.b This community is built upon mutual respect. You are not allowed to flame other members. People who do not respect personal opinions and/or personal work will be warned in first instance. If you ignore the warning and keep on flaming, you will be banned without notice.

jaclaz

Aviko,

Removed bad comments re: aviko

I pointed date when solutions were available to users. Of course they worked some time on it before release, but there was no way to stole it.

Edited by fatlip

Regardless of who came out with the solution first, it was the people in the hddguru forums that started all this by being totally arrogant to simple questions. This just sent many of us on a mission to find the answer and we did. I could careless who came up with the command set to do it. It isn't illegal, and is now public knowledge.

Yeah but calling him a thief? Come on guys.

This would be the design for the software:

seagate.jpg

Unfortunately I really don't know if I'll continue with this project because this sad aviko's episode I lost interest on it.

And yes, automation is perfectly possible, without any risk for users and not hard at all, just some hours of hard work would do it.

I have around 50% of code done.