Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Gradius2

The Solution for Seagate 7200.11 HDDs

is there any other reason one would get no response to CTRL + Z in HT? My adaptor is working fine (checked it with RX & TX tied)... I've tried flipping TX & RX on the PCB, have tried with cardstock between just the motor contacts, just the head contacts, & both. I've got power to the PCB but am getting no where with this.

Does ground on the PCB need to be connected to anything? I don't see it mentioned in the instructions anywhere but have tried following the fix for this on about 3 different sites and sometimes it makes reference that you need 3 of the 4 pins... I'm at a loss right now

someone please help me!!!! tia

whoohoo! ok i rummaged around and found a sata power adapter from another old mobo i had. like this one.

sata_power_adapter.jpg

just powered up and am currently spinning down the motor. cross you fingers ladies. brb.

IT WORKED!!! ALL MY DATA IS RIGHT THERE!!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ALL!!! YYYESS!!!

Edited by Hachiman

If your adapter works, then you do not connect it in the right way or your HDD is damaged.

There are 4 pins on the HDD connector.You need only three of them.May be you connect it to wrong pins.

you was right my frind..... :hello:

i got it and hdd is working now.... :thumbup

you know...that was gnd prob.

i realy appreciate.

and you my frind joopin...if you want i can help you.

i am iranian too

are you guys connecting GND on the hdd PCB?

"GND"of (usb to ttl) to "GND" of hdd

usb to ttl(RX) to hdd (TX)

usb to ttl(TX) to hdd (RX)

usb to ttl(GND) to hdd (GND)

that's it.....hope you'll be lucky

'

I just bought an original nokia CA-42 cable and my computer is not detecting it at all, I've used the drivers from the nokia website. Does anyone have any ideas? I've tried it in all the available USB ports and I'm getting no reaction from computer, with or without the drivers installed.

I just bought an original nokia CA-42 cable and my computer is not detecting it at all, I've used the drivers from the nokia website. Does anyone have any ideas? I've tried it in all the available USB ports and I'm getting no reaction from computer, with or without the drivers installed.

May be you have a false cable.

You can probe it with a multimeter (between USB connector and mobile connector).

It's a real nokia cable, I got it from an authorized retailer in Manhattan and it came in the Noikia retail blister pak. I don't have a multimeter, but if it isn't showing up in windows I can't specify the port or access any of the setting for the com port.

Alright everyone. The BUSY state REMOVAL WORKS PERFECTLY!

As I suspected, my friends drive was locked in BUSY state. 3 minutes (and some careful placement of the PCB board) I successfully unlocked the drive.

This drive does not have an LBA=0 issue, so I was not able to try that.

Thanks,

Fatlip

How you suspect, is bios recognize hdd?

F3 T>/C

F3 C>Q

and there is commands;)

just mining of its...

I have used this repair solution, for both busy error and 0 LBA. It works to perfection. The data on the drives were not altered in anyway and the drives are in solid working condition. Thanks :thumbup

Ok, as I could not find any adaptors in my country i decided to use a CA-42 Cable.My cable has 5 wires in it : Blue,Yellow,Red,Green,White. I know that the blue one is ground because if i conect any wire to it, symbols appear in the terminal. But I cant find the TX and RX wires. I tryed conecting every possible combo of loop of the remaining 4 wires but nothing appeared when I wrote in terminal. Is there any other way to determine the RX and TX wires?

Edited by Cry17

I bought a CA-42 with 5 wires: black, yellow, red, white and blue.

When I connect to a USB port is not recognized by the system so I think that this particular cable is useless, € 35 in the trash.

True?

Greetings