I did it - thanks God, and all of you kind people around the world posting those messages and your experiences solving this awful problem.
God bless you all!!!
It was my fault for not having the most recent backup, but having the disk that is less then 1 year old I really didn't think this could have happened.
Especially not on this magnitude of thousands of soon-to-be ex-Seagate customers :-(
I made it with genuine Nokia CA-42 cable and Windows didn't recognize it until I provided 5V power to the cable from the my computers power supply, and connected hard disk to it. (I though that I broke the cable and almost went for another one.)
Another thing that caused some additional gray hair on my head was this DETSEC error after trying to spin it up, like in the commented post:
mrlondon, on Sep 22 2009, 12:14 AM, said:
Oh dear... I followed the instructions but I seem to have made things a lot worse.
I used a piece of card to isolate the heads contact and all seemed fine until the step to spin back up and I got this:
Error 1009 DETSEC 00006008
Elapsed Time 13.550 secs
R/W Status 2 R/W Error 84150180
mrlondon, I don't know if you have already solved it, but in my case the reason was that I had the card that isolated PCB from the head contacts was mounted for a day or a two (until I've fixed the problem with the cable), and removing the card didn't really provide contact between the two.
So what I had to do additionally, was to carefully screw the PCB where it was supposed to be connected to head contacts. It solved the problem - spinning up and the rest of the instructions worked like a charm!
Now, I am backing up my data, and as soon as that is finished, I am going back with this hard disk to the shop where I bought it!
Thank you all kind people!