Well - after 2 painful weeks, my data is back!
You don't know how happy I am....
After a stressful last 2 hours, where I thought I'd lost my data forever - I managed to recover the HDD.
As listed above, the last proceedure was taking far far too long. So I switched the PSU off (thus cutting power to the HDD).
Plugged it into my computer, and booted the sucker up.
BIOS detected the HDD, but was registering it as 0MB.
So I thought "Son of a b***h!" and panicked thinking I'd fraked the thing!
So out of desperation, I tried it again! (Using the Aviko method..which I'd just done). Only this time I used the extra set of instructions.
Everything went fine. Everything was as per normal.
I plugged it into the computer....still no go. Registered the drive as 0MB.
So I though "Frak it", and tried the 0LBA method. This went fine as well.
Plugged it into the HDD...but AARRRGHHHH!!! BIOS didn't even detect the drive this time.
So I thought I'd try the Graduis method. But this didn't work and gave me LED errors when I'd reconnect the motorhead. By this stage I thought I'd really REALLY screwed my HDD.
I was now at my wits end. I'm not a religious man, far from it, I've never been to church. But I can tell you I put my hands together while sitting in my seat and prayed to the almighty God for mercy.
I then, in one last ditch attempt tried the Aviko method once more.
All went fine (like I'd seen before).
Plugged it into my computer. Went into BIOS. LOW AND BEHOLD, there she was!!!!
Quickly updated the firmware, and then waited...waited.....And there was the Windows XP loading screen!!!!
Never have I seen such a magnificent loading screen in all my life!!
I seriously put my face in my hands and began to sob.
And then quickly backed all my data up onto my new awaiting drive....
I still don't know about any almighty being...but I may have to make a trip somewhere this Sunday....
This could also be a message to say that Seagate are the devil. Woe any unfortunate soul who eat from their poisoned apple. They will never, I say NEVER, get a tiny SLIVER of my money - ever again (In fact, I work at an electronics store that sells various Seagate products - for which I shall never recommend to ANY customer)! I have spent THREE WEEKS trying to research and fix this problem using various cables. All of which have cost me time and money. Both of which could have been spent on my loved ones, and my assignments.
Shame on you Seagate. Shame on you for everyone's lost time, money and many hours spent worrying!
This post has been edited by Shooman: 07 March 2009 - 06:06 AM