Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

[Tool] Windows Live Messenger Creator

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

benners

benners

• PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Joined 29-December 03
WLM Creator (Windows Live Messenger 9 Creator) enables you to create a single switchless SFX that installs Windows Live Messenger 9 onto you PC. It can be used for everyday installs or as part of an unattended setup. The method used is based on the work of Shark007 and elajua and the original thread can be found here., so a big thanks to him and Shark for explaining how best to accomplish this..

To create the SFX successfully you need to have already downloaded and installed Windows Live Messenger 9 previously on your PC, this will ensure that the setup files will be located where expected. Using the program you can specify options for the SFX such as: title; icon; display level and compressions level. You can also include files that have been patched with A-Patch or MessPatch (Not available at time of writing) to add features or remove annoyances and choose from a selection of tweaks that will be applied to Windows Live Messenger 9 after installation.

The help file is extracted when the program is run and pressing F1 while the program is running will open it.

Posted Image

Change Log (Build 15)
Updated - A-Patch to latest version.

Download (2.80MB)
Clicky

Edited by benners, 15 May 2010 - 11:32 AM.

I never let school interfere with my education

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

jinkazama

jinkazama

• PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Joined 16-November 03
Good work
I've tested it for italian version.
Works like a charm! :thumbup

ubrezet.png
userbardriverpackteam3nv0.jpg

benners

benners

• PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Joined 29-December 03

Good work
I've tested it for italian version.
Works like a charm! :thumbup

Thanks jinkazama, As I say it is only just starting off. I am looking at adding a few more things.
1. Patched files tab for files edited using the mess.be patch
2. A Tweaks tab that has various registry tweaks that can be applied to the msi or made into a reg file. These will be normal things like removing the minimize balloon tip that occurs when MSN is 1st run.
3. A tweaks tab for passport specific tweaks like disabling MSN today or showing time stamps in the conversation window.
4. A selection of icons found on the net that can be used for the sfx.
5. Extra gfx for the gui
6. Maybe translate it to different languages, This makes designing the GUI a bit of a ballache :rolleyes:

Cheers.

jinkazama

jinkazama

• PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Joined 16-November 03
I can do italian translation, give me english file and i'll translate.

benners now i've see that there'is no unistaller for windows live, is it normal?

ubrezet.png
userbardriverpackteam3nv0.jpg

benners

benners

• PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Joined 29-December 03

I can do italian translation, give me english file and i'll translate.

benners now i've see that there'is no unistaller for windows live, is it normal?

It will be a while before I create a translation file, I want to get the GUI layout done first. WRT Windows Live, do you mean the messenger or other parts. I have tried again on a VM with an English version and I see and ARP entry for Windows Live Messenger, the size is 40.41MB, there are also 2 other entries for sign in assistant and upload tool, but they are made by their installers.

Gorki

Gorki

Junior

• Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Joined 26-May 07

2. A Tweaks tab that has various registry tweaks that can be applied to the msi or made into a reg file. These will be normal things like removing the minimize balloon tip that occurs when MSN is 1st run.
3. A tweaks tab for passport specific tweaks like disabling MSN today or showing time stamps in the conversation window.
5. Extra gfx for the gui
6. Maybe translate it to different languages, This makes designing the GUI a bit of a ballache rolleyes.gif

Great work benners! I :yes: love the idea for the next update,those things would make a huge difference!

SlipStreamer

SlipStreamer

• 29 posts
  • Joined 03-November 08
How can I integrate the .exe with nLite? :o

benners

benners

• PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Joined 29-December 03

5. Extra gfx for the gui
6. Maybe translate it to different languages, This makes designing the GUI a bit of a ballache rolleyes.gif

Great work benners! I :yes: love the idea for the next update,those things would make a huge difference!

Thanks Gorki. it should make it easier for people to customise it.

@SlipStreamer
I don't use nlite but is there not a section for runonce that exes can be added to?. You only need to add the filename, no switches are required.

SlipStreamer

SlipStreamer

• 29 posts
  • Joined 03-November 08
It worked just fine (the installation process), thanks. Now I need to test it on a PC that has an internet connection :P

benners

benners

• PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Joined 29-December 03

It worked just fine (the installation process), thanks. Now I need to test it on a PC that has an internet connection :P

I am glad it worked for you. I am still working on this and there have been a lot of things added., but there doesn't seem much interest in it so I am not really rushing.

Stoner81

Stoner81

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Joined 15-June 08
Thanks man will have a play with this!

Stoner81

Stoner81

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Joined 15-June 08

I am glad it worked for you. I am still working on this and there have been a lot of things added., but there doesn't seem much interest in it so I am not really rushing.

Not much interest?? DUDE!!! it awesome not tested mine yet but since they have changed the installer this project is a god send man!!!!!

Please please please continue this please please please!!!

Thank you!!!

Stoner81.

EDIT - I use APatch to patch the files to remove the ads etc their homepage is apatch.org this could be a handy thing to include m8!

Edited by Stoner81, 02 February 2009 - 10:59 AM.

benners

benners

• PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Joined 29-December 03
Updated first post with new version

Stoner81

Stoner81

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Joined 15-June 08
Thanks for the update man!!

sugarlee

sugarlee
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 31-March 06
Super! going to test it right away!
Previous version worked for me allready let's hope this one is even better.

Stoner81

Stoner81

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Joined 15-June 08
Tested the new version and it threw up an error during creation that it didnt create the .exe file for the installer but when i goto the folder in which i saved it (My Documents) its there 21.xx MB in size? Very strange? I have not tested it yet (the installer) for the new version but hoping to do so soon. Love the new features for APatch and the various tweaks brilliant job there m8!!!

Overall amazing job here!!

Stoner81.

benners

benners

• PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Joined 29-December 03

Tested the new version and it threw up an error during creation that it didnt create the .exe file for the installer but when i goto the folder in which i saved it (My Documents) its there 21.xx MB in size? Very strange? I have not tested it yet (the installer) for the new version but hoping to do so soon. Love the new features for APatch and the various tweaks brilliant job there m8!!!

Stoner81.

Hi Stoner
If it happens again can you post the log file. After the .exe is created a check is done to see if it exists and if not the error occurs. If it is a bug, it need fixing.

Cheers

Stoner81

Stoner81

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Joined 15-June 08

Stoner81.

Hi Stoner
If it happens again can you post the log file. After the .exe is created a check is done to see if it exists and if not the error occurs. If it is a bug, it need fixing.

Cheers

No worries m8 i will remake it shortly and give you the log file m8 ;)

Stoner81

Stoner81

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Joined 15-June 08
Ok m8 i made a mistake here. It does not make the .exe file at all (it was a previous one i made with the old creator) so i removed it just in case and remade the .exe which again it failed to do.

Ive included my log file for the process like you asked.

Stoner81.

Attached Files

benners

benners

• PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Joined 29-December 03

Ok m8 i made a mistake here. It does not make the .exe file at all (it was a previous one i made with the old creator) so i removed it just in case and remade the .exe which again it failed to do.

Stoner81.

Yep not a problem, Just missing some quotes which bolloxed 7-zip if there were spaces in the filename. I have sorted that and I'll post the build later, currently looking at adding the option of adding DPs and emoticons to SFX.

Stoner81

Stoner81

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Joined 15-June 08

Stoner81.

Yep not a problem, Just missing some quotes which bolloxed 7-zip if there were spaces in the filename. I have sorted that and I'll post the build later, currently looking at adding the option of adding DPs and emoticons to SFX.

Ah ha! cool m8 thanks for the quick reply! will make it again with no spaces in the file name and then just rename it after making it.

Thanks a million buddy!

Stoner81.

PS - Cant wait for the next one!!!

benners

benners

• PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Joined 29-December 03

Stoner81.

Ah ha! cool m8 thanks for the quick reply! will make it again with no spaces in the file name and then just rename it after making it.

Thanks a million buddy!

Stoner81.

PS - Cant wait for the next one!!!

I've uploaded the version with the fix for your problem. The DP stuff is still in progress.

Stoner81

Stoner81

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Joined 15-June 08
Awesome m8 thanks!!!! I remade my installer without spaces and all worked fine no errors i have uploaded it for you just in case for debugging purposes ;)

Stoner81.

Attached Files

benners

benners

• PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Joined 29-December 03

Awesome m8 thanks!!!! I remade my installer without spaces and all worked fine no errors i have uploaded it for you just in case for debugging purposes ;)

Stoner81.

Thanks for the feed back, we've already fixed one bug :blushing:

Stoner81

Stoner81

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Joined 15-June 08

Stoner81.

Thanks for the feed back, we've already fixed one bug :blushing:

No worries m8 i love this program its outstanding!!!! If i can help in some way then i will do :D

Stoner81.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users