Creating Addon Finished <---------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Completed: 0 error(s) occurred

You`re the man! :thumbup

Yay me. I finally got something right :lol:

Cheers

Hello! Very nice tool!

I have 2 little problem..

I created Messenger.exe by using your tool 2 times and tried to install WLM on 2 computers.

Setup it's ok but when I try to start WLM it runs another setup asking me for a file ....7z in the temp folder.

I started the Messenger.exe setup again and then all it's ok. Strange anyway....

The other problem is very strange...

When I rebooted my pc, Windows stop just before logon with this message:

--------------------------

The system is not fully installed. Please run setup again.

When I press OK the computer reboot and this goes in loop.

I found a solution here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320279

Anyway everytime I launch the WLM setup created with your tool it change this key in the registry, so I get the Windows error:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup]

"SystemSetupInProgress"=dword:00000000

When it's 0 all goes ok, when it's 1 I get the logon error.

Any idea??

Hello! Very nice tool!

I have 2 little problem..

I created Messenger.exe by using your tool 2 times and tried to install WLM on 2 computers.

Setup it's ok but when I try to start WLM it runs another setup asking me for a file ....7z in the temp folder.

I started the Messenger.exe setup again and then all it's ok. Strange anyway....

The other problem is very strange...

When I rebooted my pc, Windows stop just before logon with this message:

The system is not fully installed. Please run setup again.

When I press OK the computer reboot and this goes in loop.

I found a solution here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320279

Anyway everytime I launch the WLM setup created with your tool it change this key in the registry, so I get the Windows error:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup]

"SystemSetupInProgress"=dword:00000000

When it's 0 all goes ok, when it's 1 I get the logon error.

Any idea??

There was a problem with the addon when installing from SVCPack. When installing some 2 of the msi files (Error reporting and WLM) both tried to write to a registry key that they had no permissions for so the installation failed. The solution I used was found on a blog and was used for .net 2.0, I used the same keys, tested it and it worked. I installed it OK and successfully logged in after installation so I left it as it was.

Part of the solution was to change the SystemSetupInProgress value to allow the installation to progress, I have seen this used on other addon previously but after having the same prob as you with the login on one occasion I was dubious about changing it then re.setting it. Now that someone else has tested it and has a problem I have done some more tests and have found that the change is not necessary so I have removed it. I have attached a link to a test build that does not change the SystemSetupInProgress value so the logon problem won't happen again.

The other problem sounds like the msi self heal function kicking in as it finds file(s) missing and the temp installer is not there to fix it. I don't know why this is happening as I can't replicate the problem. Do you use the English version or your native language?, just wondering if it could be lang related.

Test Build

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

I have to try your test build and let you know asap.

I'm using my native language (italian) version. Maybe this is the problem..

Anyway again... thank you! :)

The other problem sounds like the msi self heal function kicking in as it finds file(s) missing and the temp installer is not there to fix it. I don't know why this is happening as I can't replicate the problem. Do you use the English version or your native language?, just wondering if it could be lang related.

I had the same problem. This problem appears when you install WLM9 over older version (without uninstalling old version). In my case I was installing over 8.5 and on other computer over 8.1 version. So to avoid this issue, uninstall first older version and the install the latest.

Cheers ;)

I had the same problem. This problem appears when you install WLM9 over older version (without uninstalling old version). In my case I was installing over 8.5 and on other computer over 8.1 version. So to avoid this issue, uninstall first older version and the install the latest.

Cheers ;)

Thanks mara-

So when I use the exe for unattended Xp setups I have no problem. :thumbup

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

I have to try your test build and let you know asap.

I'm using my native language (italian) version. Maybe this is the problem..

Anyway again... thank you! :)

I have just created an Italian WLM addon and tested using RVMI with just that addon in a VM. It installed OK and I could log in successfully. I also did not have the problem with the "self heal" either so it appears that it is not a language problem.

Just re-read your post pipster, I assumed you were using the addon on a clean system not running the exe. The reg changes are only needed for the addon and I forgot to add a check for this so they were added to the exe :blushing: , not that it matters now they are redundant.

Edited by benners

I have just created an Italian WLM addon and tested using RVMI with just that addon in a VM. It installed OK and I could log in successfully. I also did not have the problem with the "self heal" either so it appears that it is not a language problem.

I think just mara- has found the solution because I try on a pc without wlm installed and everything went well.

Also with your test build the reboot hang loop was fixed for me.

Thank you!

I think just mara- has found the solution because I try on a pc without wlm installed and everything went well.

Also with your test build the reboot hang loop was fixed for me.

Thank you!

Sweet, I'll release a new build later. Thanks.

Done. First post updated.

Edited by benners

clean system not running the exe.

Not sure to understand this part, anyway I launched the exe on a clean XP install manually after logon and I got the error.

Then I launched it by RunOnceEx just before the first logon during an other clean install test and it was the same.

But now everything is ok with your test build.

The reg changes are only needed for the addon and I forgot to add a check for this so they were added to the exe :blushing: , not that it matters now they are redundant.

Ahh don't mind!

Rather I think it's just because of my poor english that you had to re-read my post... :unsure:

Ahh don't mind!

Rather I think it's just because of my poor english that you had to re-read my post... :unsure:

Nothing wrong with your English bud, I sometimes tend to skim read posts when I am multi tasking and get the wrong idea :yes: