Pin to taskbar

ChimeraDev

Hi guys,

Usually when I performed an unattended setup, I copied soms shortcuts to %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch so I had a quick launch bar ready to go...

Now in Windows 7 the QL bar as we know it doesn't exist anymore (and yes, I'm aware of the faked one), so I want those shortcuts pinned to the taskbar. I noticed that pinned shortcuts are in %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar but when I copy some shortcuts there myself, they don't get pinned to the taskbar (not after logoff, not after reboot), so there has to be something else, like a registry setting or something, but I couldn't find it.

Did one of you find it?

Greetings,

Marco.

• 4 weeks later...

QL... (and yes, I'm aware of the faked one)

Sorry I can't answer, what faked one?

Racking my brains on how to make QL appear (with batch commands and reg tweaks) its impossible, the registry is protected in those keys and unprotecting them (gaining permission) has to be done in the GUI, unless anyone knows a tool to gain permission (you'd be logged in as the user that is gaining permission etc) there has to be some way to automate it?

There's a tweak to get the actual quicklaunch toolbar back. I'm not sure what happens to the winkey+number shortcut when you do.

I'm not sure why you would want it back, you could just have the programs you want pinned to the taskbar.

The feature I'm missing is the option to create toolbars that are separate from the taskbar and put those on the other edges of the desktop.

This is how you do it:

http://windows7news.com/2009/01/29/enable-...launch-toolbar/

edit:

looks like that tutorial no longer works as of 7xxx: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/888-q...le-disable.html

Edited by Nihility