Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

IIS everything is download only

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

jeff.sadowski

jeff.sadowski

Junior

• Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Joined 01-March 07
Some of my developers want in "Default Web Site Properties"->"Home Directory" under "Execute permissions:" for it to be "Scripts only" but for some unknown reason the site hiccups once a day and enters the download only mode so that when you go to a page it asks if you want to download it even for the index.htm pages. To set the site right again I set "Execute permissions:" to "scripts and executables" and hit it with a web browser then I set it back. If I leave it as "scripts and executables" some of my download links no longer work. I seem to recall having this problem a long while back but since I hardly ever deal with IIS I never bothered trying to find a solution or even the cause. Can someone point me toward the documentation on how to fix this issue? I'll look through the logs and see if I can find an event that might explain it too but it is weird that setting it one way and setting it back fixes it temporarily.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

jcarle

jcarle

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,579 posts
  • Joined 14-August 04
Does the issue occur every day at the same time or is it random? Is there anything specific happening when this occurs?
Posted Image
Posted Image

jeff.sadowski

jeff.sadowski

Junior

• Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Joined 01-March 07
Rebooting fixed it although I have no idea why it started.

jcarle

jcarle

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,579 posts
  • Joined 14-August 04
Event logs are your friend.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users