Welcome to MSFN

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

PC_LOAD_LETTER

How Many MSFNers have a Windows Mobile Device/Phone

What kind of cellphone do you use?   34 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of cellphone do you carry?

• Windows Based PDA Phone
    • Windows Based Smartphone
    • Non-Windows PDA phone
    • "Normal" non PDA Phone
    • Fruit Based PDA Phone
    • I don't have a cellphone.
  2. 2. Do you carry a PDA?

• Yes. Windows Based PDA
    • Yes. Non-Windows Based PDA
    • No.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 posts in this topic

Just wondering how many members around here have Windows on their PDA/Phone as well as their PC.

I just recently upgraded to a Samsung Epix.

I got a crappy old phone that only makes actual phone calls (no SMS, no email, no camera, no java, no mp3 player, no fancy OS or anything like that). And I don't think I've even bothered charging it once in the last 2 years :lol:

I don't have a use for one in the first place. I got a phone at home and on my desk at work, and my commute is only like 5 minutes too. My old mobile carrier expects to charge 70 cents/min for long distance calls (while I can get basic phone service with unlimited LD for $20 a month or less at home -- I couldn't talk a half hour on my mobile for $20!). And going with the new fancy phones, I'd get stuck with like a 3 year contract where I gotta pay like $70 or $80 monthly for a voice + data plan (several thousands of $ for something I got no use for in the first place)... Thanks, but no thanks!

For personal usage, I had a regular old cell for years and it was fine and I had no issues (only using my smartphone for work). I finally bit the bullet and got an HTC Touch Pro on my last phone upgrade for personal use, as I find myself nowhere near my personal computer more and more often, and traditional phone calls are not the main way I keep up with family and friends any longer - it's now IM and email due to travel, time zone differences, etc.

I must say, the HTC has quite good battery life once I sprung for the 2000mA extended life battery, which gives me about 16-24 hours of moderate usage before I have to recharge. On the standard battery it was 8 hours of moderate use, although I can get the phone to last about 3 days if I try to stay off the internet and check mail manually (which I'm starting to get used to doing).

yeah i think battery life is the biggest improvement over the pdaphone i had a few years ago (the PPC6600) i had an 65$ aftermarket battery that would get me 6 hours battery life if i rationed it properly. when i saw that the Epix said "7 hours talk" i was very skeptical but with light use, ive gone days without charging which i could do with my previous PDA even if it was in standby the whole time. with normal-heavy use I can still get through my day without a low battery warning. I almost ended up getting a HTC Fuze but I didnt think id find a case that would fit the back panel well (and it was 100$ more than the Epix which was already 100$ more than i had at the time)

I'm not sure that mine technically falls into any category, it's a LG Viewty (KU990). It has an LG Proprietary OS with Adobe Flash UI and although I feel that it is marketed more for its camera, it has a lot more than that!

Love linux

yes i think we all love linux here at MSFN :rolleyes: but we dont just go yelling it out in random threads that have nothing to with linux.

I went from Palm, to Windows Mobile, to BlackBerry, to Android (G1) and that's what I currently use/own. However I think a Windows Mobile forum would be appropriate as these devices share much in common with Windows in terms of software and networking; the System Center Mobile Device Manager itself almost would require it.

i wonder if im the only person who doesnt have a phone, i think theyre evil

I use an (htc) xda orbit, it takes most of a minute to boot, sometimes crashes or becomes unresponsive, and has to be switched on for the alarm to work.

And yet, I'd buy another.

I can't explain it...

i wonder if im the only person who doesn't have a phone, i think theyre evil

How is that possible?, coverage isn´t that good over there or you are just against technology? ;).

Here in Mexico I can´t without a simple one, imagine you are out in the middle of (almost) nowhere and you need to make an emergency call...

nah i only think theyre evil though not quite seriously because i dont like talking to people on a phone i prefer to sit infront of a computer all day

HTC TyTN II here. Custom made Windows Mobile 6.1.

I have a standard Samsung T-Mobile cell phone and it has a camera. I think you can play music on it and use a memory card but I don't know. I'm actually an AT&T customer so the phone is pretty limited as well.

i take the free phones from my cell phone company

cant afford a fancy phone yet...

i take the free phones from my cell phone company

cant afford a fancy phone yet...

I am like that too. But since cell phones are pretty popular now, I know a few people who have their old phones after they got new ones. So sometimes if you know someone who is getting a new phone, maybe you can get their old phone. That's how I got my current phone, it was someone's old phone. It was better than my old (first) one anyways. Most times I can get one for free or for cheap from people that I know like relatives, etc.

That's how I got my current phone, it was someone's old phone.

haha that is a good idea too :thumbup

LG with 3.1 MP camera, microSD, texting and the usual stuff. I talk on in for less than 10 minutes a day, take a picture or two a week, it stays on 24/7 and the battery lasts about 4 days. Worst thing I have found with the charge on the battery is not the battery but getting out of range on towers. When the phone can't find a tower, it searches like mad and you lose charge quickly.

Mark

Just got an Eten Glofiish x500. Phone, PDA and GPS AIO. Good battery life too (~4 days of normal use).

Quite Old But Productive.....ASUS P320

Unlocked+Jailbroken 1st Gen. iPhone

Anyone still using these?

I recently got an used Eten Glofiish x500+ from a friend. Now i find myself messing with this little gadget more than using my PC :D

I've never actually owned a PDA, although my favorite that I had to support was the Sony Clié.