Daedalus Service - Alpha Blending Icons for NT4/2000
Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:38 AM
Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:21 AM
I'd like to point out two bugs i've found.
1) If both 32-bit AND 8-bit images are present inside an icon, Places Bar prefers the 8-bit version no matter what.
2) Title bars in MDI appz like Adobe Photoshop show messed-up icons.
Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:12 AM
Here they are:
1) Places bar showing 8-bit icons only.
2) Corrupted child window icon in an MDI app (Photoshop in this case)
3) Folder icons looking weird in taskbar. So far this is the only icon that shows up wrong the whole time, but sometimes icons in taskbar lose their alpha channels for a less than a second when you click them.
Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:04 PM
I almost released SmoothText 1.0.5 last night, but I decided to do some taskbar testing and ran into one more showstopper. Still, it's nearly there. I typed up the change log last night and it's just huge.
Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:26 PM
I also added some code to trap DefMDiChildProcA/W, and this seems to fix title bar icons on MDI child windows.
The link to Daedalus2 0.0.6 is here:
Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:53 PM
I've posted a new version 0.0.7 that has the bug fixed, and it includes instructions for stopping 0.0.6 so you can replace it.
Here is the link to version 0.0.7:
And here are the 0.0.6 uninstall instructions:
To stop the 0.0.6 service, perform the following steps:
a. From the Start Menu, click Run...
b. Enter "cmd" and click Ok. A command prompt window will appear.
c. At the command prompt, type "net stop daedsrvc".
d. Now replace daedalus.dll in your Windows\System32 folder (or WINNT\System32 if that's the case).
e. The Services control panel plugin will be able to start. Start the Daedalus service normally. Optionally, type "net start daedsrvc" at the command prompt you already have open.
This post has been edited by WildBill: 31 March 2010 - 10:56 PM
Posted 03 April 2010 - 05:31 PM
On a side note, I've been inspecting the random bug I mentioned earlier regarding taskbar buttons and found that the problem is actually related to those titlebars showing system icons (folders, My Computer, etc., not appz). Their alpha channels don't look completely right. Besides, some icons in the system tray (for example, Windows Update)need to be clicked on for their alpha channels to show up.
Thanks for all your hard work, WildBill.
This post has been edited by Dave.Net: 04 April 2010 - 08:36 AM
Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:49 PM
The link for Daedalus2 0.0.8 is here:
This post has been edited by WildBill: 14 December 2010 - 07:50 PM
- ← AVIs & Icons Resource Collection of Shell32.dll
- Customizing Windows
- Resource Hacker Script Making (VIdeo Tutorial Request) →