Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

stasys44

DriverPack Solution

jinkazama    3

stasys44

line 48 of english.lng

con_driver_uptodate_h = "Latest drivers are already installed and worinking. You don't need to anything with them";

You can correct it

My translation will be available as soon as possible :)

Edited by jinkazama

jinkazama    3

I've updated italian translation and i've fixed a lot of bugs :)

Good work DPSolution team :thumbup

P.S. Can you add translators links (website or email) to report a bug or other, in "Special thanks to"?

it.js

BadPointer    0

Hi. I'm BadPointer(this isn't my real name, of course).

ArtX and me are working on DriverPack Soultion.

We're preparing for the next release right now but it takes more time then we thought it would take to bring a new version. But I'm glad we didn't release it too early so our testers helped to discover and fix some showstopper bugs.

I believe the code is stable now though we still need to do some things before the release.

It appears you were using DriverPack Solution 9 and aren't aware that there were unofficial releases(named Dev Builds to distinguish from the main branch). The highlights: support Windows 64-bit, improved speed, improved driver matching. The latest released Dev Build was Dev Build R36_c (19-Oct-2009). The Dev Builds releases were intended for these prefer to be the cutting edge rather then stink to the stable version. Other time these they matured enough and made stable version obsolete and we(the developers) are going to drop support for the stable version altogether in favor of the current version soon.

The latest Dev Build version will be labeled "official stable build" and we will start work on a new version.

There will be bugfixes and small updates for this official stable release but major features and updates will be only available in the new version.

Since the project is Open Source, you can grab the latest version(and any version you wish) from the SVN server and check it out. Keep in mind, even though you can get the latest revision, you shouldn't use it unless you consider yourself a tester because any given revision might be broken. Our testers are advised to use the latest revision and have a known stable revision in case the latest revision should fail. They also encouraged to take time to investigate failures and collect as much information about the problem as they can.

The SVN server keeps record of all changes made to DriverPack Solution and can be viewed as time machine and changelog.

You can learn how DriverPack changes over time by looking at the revision comments at the SVN.

http://code.google.com/p/driverpacksolutio...ce/list?start=9

R1: Initial revision

R2: DriverPack Solution 9

R36: The latest released Dev Build

R110: The latest revision as of this writing.

If you're eager to get your hand on the latest version, you can follow this instruction.

http://code.google.com/p/driverpacksolution/wiki/SVNbasics

Once you do this, you can use the context menu of the folder and click "update" to update DriverPack Solution to the latest revision when it's available.

Scorp    0

Hello i did a translation for the dutch language .

can someone dutch speaking user check it .

I hope it will be added.

Scorp

Edited by Scorp

BadPointer    0

For those who want to correct or make a translation for a language they are familiar with.

You should get the latest revision from the SVN server.

Follow the instruction on "Checking out".

http://code.google.com/p/driverpacksolution/wiki/SVNbasics

English and Russian translation are always up to date while the other are often lagging behind so you should base your translation on either of those two.

The most recently updated translation are Dutch, French, Italian, Lithuanian, Ukrainian but they are already out of date. The string to translate are commented out(marked with //) and these strings:

button_showPanel

button_hidePanel

bugreport_???????

error_????????

Azeri, Turkish and Spanish translations haven't been updated for a long time.

German translation is made by Google Translate and we're going to drop it if there is no good translation.

@ Scorp

You made translation for R2(Revision 2) which corresponds to DriverPack Solution 9 and this version isn't supported anymore. The latest released version was R36 which corresponds to the latest Dev Build. A new version based on the latest revision is going to be released soon and this version will be official stable release which will be supported till a next version will be became stable.

Anyways, DvZ already made a Dutch translation for R89. It still needs to be updated though.

Scorp    0

Thank you BadPointer

I now have the latest bild.

i will look at it as soon as i have some spare time.

i see there are some blank spots.

Hope to be able to help

See you And again thank you.

Scorp

jinkazama    3

Badpointer can you add me in the project?

I've updated italian translation if you add me i can commit without patch...

I can't find

//alert_reportCreateed =

//alert_reportFailed =

in english translation...if you can fix, i'll add to my latest translation...

Thank you

I'll send via PM my google account :)

BadPointer    0

alert_reportCreateed and alert_reportFailed were removed at some point so you should remove them as well.

The project is open to new contributers but before you will be added you should make patch(es) and send them to me or ArtX for review. Hopefully your patch will applied and you'll be added to the project.

For more information see http://code.google.com/p/driverpacksolution/wiki/SVNbasics

BadPointer    0

Your whitespace formating matches formating of English translation file. This is good because I can trust you won't break the formating when you will have the right to commit your changes directly to SVN. Note you inserted an extra empty line before the first infobar line though.

Hints:

1. Make sure you're making translation against the latest revision(R110). Right click on the folder, click "update".

2. Use WinMerge to compare English and Italian file. Right click on the first file, click "compare to". Right click on the second file, click "compare to".

Also, you didn't translate:

bugreport_?????? (it's a group of lines)

error_?????? (it's a group of lines)

button_showPanel

button_hidePanel

Attach the corrected language file, and if everything is all right, I'll make you a member so you will be able to change SVN yourself.

Note: translators don't have to bother with formating if they aren't going to change code directly at SVN. They should just attach correct translation and I'll fix the formating before committing to SVN.

Edited by BadPointer