Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

stasys44

DriverPack Solution

stasys44    0

There is an error in Russian file, line 186

bugreport_titleWin = "<b>Если в ходе работы программы возникла ошибка, то при помощи этого инструменты вы можете создать файл отчёта .....

BadPointer    0
There is an error in Russian file, line 186

bugreport_titleWin = "<b>Если в ходе работы программы возникла ошибка, то при помощи этого инструменты вы можете создать файл отчёта .....

Fixed in R112

As for the Italian translation and the mistake in English translation. I'm waiting for jinkazama to complete the registration procedure to become a member of the project so he could change it himself.

stasys44    0

Lithuanian R111 was almost translated, but I'll look for R112 if it is in SVN

I am glad that there is someone who could change in this mission to propagate these Russian programs

Lithuanian R111 (R112?) is ready

lt.js

Edited by stasys44

BadPointer    0

SamLab makes driverpacks labeled as "SamDrivers".

SamLab released SamDrivers 12.30 at the New Year and asked others not to upload driverpacks elsewhere till January 11 or else the next release will be paid only. Someone broke that condition and people started a heated discussion about the future of the project.

This what SamLab has to say:

http://samforum.ws/showpost.php?p=773860&postcount=815

I translated most of this.

For those of you who are worried about the future, the product won't be fully commercial as the most users are against it(260 - for free version, 49 - for paid version, 9 - cancel project all together). There is another option: users will be able to download drivers by downloading several parts, and these who paid will be able to download drivers in a single archive. For your information, I spend a lot of money to upload drivers with my current Internet Provider!

As for the assertion that I'm greedy. I must say I have no car and live in a rented apartment WITHOUT THE INTERNET! I have to use the Internet at the work or a mobile Internet connection! The profit covers dedicated server, an admin and the other stuff... and of course the expensive Internet(I hope to get 512 kb/s unlimited for 66$, right now it costs 166$, my salary is only 333$). So I'm not getting money for a new Lexus(as some of you suggested). Besides we don't need a car, I and my wife do fine on bicycles and it is good for our health!

I will be working on drivers without a fixed schedule and anyone can donate to the project.

Сегодня собираю пробную версию SamSoft, где наряду с SamDrivers будет программа для автоустановки необходимых программ, твиков и прочего - с помощью SamSoft можно в пару кликов из голой винды сделать полностью укомплектованную драйверами и программами систему! Проект очень большой, но и очень полезный - первую черновую версию планирую сделать до середины января.

Спасибо всем, кто понимает меня и поддерживает... другие же пусть живут как умеют - всем своей головы не дашь дабы научить или показать чистоту моих помыслов...

And now let's have a look on how much I made with adverts(which is shown along the download links)

DrvX - 640 downloads

Drv7 - 570 downloads

Drv6 - 300 downloads

That's about 1500 downloads. Every 1000 downloads of 250 MB files give me 9$. In total my profit is 13$. My Internet costs me 166$ or 6$ for 100 MB on the moblie Internet.

I appreciate his hard work and dedication to the project and I think he deserves to get some donations. It appears clicking on the advert banners doesn't bring him much income but I don't see any other way to donate him. I'll ask him how people can donate.

Edited by BadPointer

BadPointer    0

Lithuanian translation updated in R113.

It was nice of you that you kept the whitespace formating even though it isn't required from translators.

Language support status

Up to date:

English(primary)

Russian(primary)

Ukrainian

Azeri

Lithuanian

Italian

German

Need to be updated:

Dutch

French

Outdated:

Turkish

Spanish

I think these languages are of high importance and should be added at some point

Arabic

Chinese

Hindi/Urdu

Japanese

Portuguese

Other languages are welcome as well, but I wanted them to be maintained from time to time so I will not have to dump the language.

Edited by BadPointer

stasys44    0

The German translation is horrible. I have pointed to Artx for some rough errors - the noun everytime begins from character in upper case (i.e. Zentrum). I suggest to apply to dynaletik (he translates WPI files) by PM. If he will not help the German language file should be removed IMHO.

In India, they prefer use English. There are huge quantity of languages - Indoeuropean, Dravidian ... - in India, Pakistan

Is there a way to get the homepage info without the browser hijack???

Also another point:

Since this seems to be based on bash's driverpacks or mr. smartepants, whoever is in charge over there now, does he get any of the donations? (Or fees for that matter)

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

BadPointer    0
The German translation is horrible. I have pointed to Artx for some rough errors - the noun everytime begins from character in upper case (i.e. Zentrum). I suggest to apply to dynaletik (he translates WPI files) by PM. If he will not help the German language file should be removed IMHO.
I'm not surprised that machine translation is like that, so proposed to drop it no one would translated it some time ago. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll ask dynaletik if he could help it.
In India, they prefer use English. There are huge quantity of languages - Indoeuropean, Dravidian ... - in India, Pakistan
I see. I mentioned the Hindi/Urdu languages because these are among the most spoken languages.
Is there a way to get the homepage info without the browser hijack???
Are you speaking about changing the home page to a custom home page without the user notice? DriverPack Solution 9 does it every time for every user account on a computer. But DriverPack Solution 10 doesn't do that anymore.
Also another point:

Since this seems to be based on bash's driverpacks or mr. smartepants, whoever is in charge over there now, does he get any of the donations? (Or fees for that matter)

Their driverpacks are free and Open Source so no one have to pay to use ore copy.

However they accept donations: http://driverpacks.net/donate

@Kelsenellenelvian

I would highly appreciated if you could help improving the English translation for DriverPack Solution 10 because as of now, it's maintained by the people who aren't native English speakers. Even if it's grammatically correct some text might be rephrased so it would sound more natural.

Follow this instruction to get the latest DriverPack Solution from SVN.

http://code.google.com/p/driverpacksolution/wiki/SVNbasics (this instruction might need some corrections as well)

stasys44    0

Updated Lithuanian file to versionR121 (DriverPack Solution)

Regarding Drivers Installation Assistent, Romeo91, the Developer of this program, has posted new topic. New version of the program is out - 2.3.3 Beta.

@ jinkazama

Are you ready to prepare Italian file and post there, not here. It is difficult for me to compare Russian and English as they are ANSI coded. English file is machine translation

Edited by stasys44

jinkazama    3
Regarding Drivers Installation Assistent, Romeo91, the Developer of this program, has posted new topic. New version of the program is out - 2.3.3 Beta.

@ jinkazama

Are you ready to prepare Italian file and post there, not here. It is difficult for me to compare Russian and English as they are ANSI coded. English file is machine translation

i'll do it as soon as possible :)

jinkazama    3

@BadPointer

When i translate, every apostrophe in the software GUI tips popup are doubled, i use this ['] symbol for them and you can see the problem. how can i solve this issue?

driverb.png

Edited by jinkazama