• VSO BlindWrite
    • BurnAware
    • Droppix Recorder
    • AV Burning Studio
    • Oront Burning Kit
    • Cheatah Burner
    • Other

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, I use ImgBurn. It's lightweight (almost 2 MB), portable (I can keep my settings). Once you get used to the interface, you can work fast with it because it's fast loading.

It's also the only freeware burner that doesn't have many bugs (I also tried CDBurnerXP, InfraRecorder, Ashampoo Burning Studio, Deep Burner, CDRTFE and others).

• 4 weeks later...

I stopped using Nero a couple of years ago. Using it feels as if you entered the store to buy some cigarettes, but instead you find circus, with jugglers

and magicians in there. Works soo slow...

I was looking on several free DVD Burners and ended up using Express Burn for a long time now. It's a simple drag&drop. And it's the fastest CD/DVD writing program I've used.

• 5 months later...

I love ImgBurn, since it in addition to being freeware and leightweigh, then also has so many great options like e.g. auto-changing the filesystem based on which type of disc your writing, auto-seting the write-speed per MID or disc/drive-type, accurate layer-break placement, on-the-fly audio decoding/writing, advanced options for configuring practically everything to anything! etc. etc.

• 2 years later...

Hi I see the one I use not mentioned so I will now hehe, I put it on many customers pc's. StarBurn its free nice interface does all the regular burn stuff iso or what ever. I still use imgburn for iso's though

imgburn - no stripping needed

except for the sound effects...

Personally, I use ImgBurn. It's lightweight (almost 2 MB), portable (I can keep my settings). Once you get used to the interface, you can work fast with it because it's fast loading.

It's also the only freeware burner that doesn't have many bugs (I also tried CDBurnerXP, InfraRecorder, Ashampoo Burning Studio, Deep Burner, CDRTFE and others).

I love ImgBurn, since it in addition to being freeware and leightweigh, then also has so many great options like e.g. auto-changing the filesystem based on which type of disc your writing, auto-seting the write-speed per MID or disc/drive-type, accurate layer-break placement, on-the-fly audio decoding/writing, advanced options for configuring practically everything to anything! etc. etc.

The best in the business :w00t:

Mainly use Ashampoo but I seem to use different apps for different jobs. i.e. Only use Elaborite Bytes Copy Dvd o burn movies.

One burning app I detest using....Nero

• 1 year later...