User CALS

Minus30

Hi there,

A customer of ours has a 2003 network. They want to install a new 2008 Standard server.

We are using a HP Proliant DL380 G5 with a Server 2008 Standard ROK(Reseller Option Kit - Bios Locked OEM).

Now my question is if we can buy Governmental CALs (they are eligible for them) for the ROK? Or do we need need HP ROK CALs?

The ROK appears to be just a convenience (seems moreso for HP than the reseller)

I know all the Government Licenses (U.S.) we use for business are VLKs. Dont know how ya'll operate but if they are eligible for the BigGuns VLK, then paying for any of the ROK or even seperate CALs is a waste.

fyi - We have seperate volume keys for Standard and Enterprise (i think SBS would be a seperate key as well)

This may vary by country however in US licenseing OEM usually comes with CALs to get additional you can get Retail packs if you can find anyone that actually stocks them. Or you can go into volume licensing including government. You should have no issue adding Volume License CALs into to the OEM server.