Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

reinstallation no activation?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

TechMike

TechMike

• 25 posts
  • Joined 08-February 09
Hi

Is this possible? How about if you use volumeid to change the hard drive back to the original volume serial so every piece of hardware is the same? Also is there a limit to how many times you can activate over the internet before it asks you to ring them up?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,964 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

In my experience, you can only activate a cd key once. Reactivation always requires calling them up. I might be wrong though, since I use different licenses than most other people here seem to.
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
tpxmsfn1_zps393339c1.jpg

TechMike

TechMike

• 25 posts
  • Joined 08-February 09
I've activated via the web lots of times and never had to ring up yet despite changing my computer quite a lot. I think I've only activated twice in between 120 days, I just wondered if there was a limit on the whole product ID or between 120 days as to how many times you can activate on the web. I'll try it on my NC10 that uses a VLK but I'm sure I had to activate it when I reinstalled from the samsung CD

Redhatcc

Redhatcc

Advanced Member

• 366 posts
  • Joined 27-February 08

NC10 that uses a VLK

havent used VLK's much since our business isnt that great in size, but from what i remember you dont have to activate VLK's?

alrichdesa

alrichdesa

Giving Windows 7 A Shot

• 48 posts
  • Joined 08-February 09
Yes There Is A Limit To How Many Times You Can Activate Your Computer Using A Particular Key. After That For Every Re-Install Or Clean Install You Have To Call Them. However They Do Not Provide You WithA Fresh Key, So You Have To Call Them Everytime. I Hope I'm Wrong But I Think The Limit Is 6.....Just A Wild Assumption!
No, I Don't Have A Solution, But I Certainly Admire The Problem.
-- Ashleigh Brilliant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users