Windows version with best icon/graphic style

flarn2006

Icon/graphic style  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which Windows version has the best icon/graphic style in your opinion?

• Windows 3.1
    • Windows 95
    • Windows 98/ME
    • Windows 2000
    • Windows XP
    • Windows Vista
    • Windows 7

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

My choice isn't in that list :o

My favourite icon style is from Windows NT 4.0 (with the high colour icons enabled) .... these icons also appeared on Windows 95 if you install the Plus Pack and are in COOL.DLL from Windows 95 with Plus Pack or SHELL32.DLL from Windows NT 4.0

If I HAVE to chose something from that list, it'll be the ME/2000 icons, as I like the look of them far better than the 98 ones.

To be honest, the above choices need to be change from Windows 98/ME and Windows 2000 to Windows 98 and Windows ME/2000 as ME/200 had the same graphical style throughout (right from the Web view in Explorer down to the icons)

Edited by woody.cool

• 4 years later...

I voted for Windows 98/ME, but that's only because Windows ME didn't have it's own category. I find it insulting to Windows ME users such as myself that we don't get our own category, when in fact Windows ME is closer to Windows 2000 in appearance (icons and menus and such), than it is to Windows 98. As a matter of fact, I hate that pile of steaming, unstable cr@p Windows 98, because it's the worst OS I ever used. Windows 2000 was a piece of junk too. Naysayers can kiss my Windows ME butt. (Sorry if this is rude, but I'm tired of all the Windows ME hatred and ignorance... didn't even get my own box to choose... so yeah, my anger is justified.)

I won't slam Windows ME, but I don't know how you could say Windows 2000 Professional was junk by comparison. It was probably THE MOST STABLE version of Microsoft Windows ever produced. SP3 onwars was quite mature and worked VERY WELL. Whereas, I had lots of stability issues with ME on more than one machine. I had good luck with it, but it's plain denial to say Windows ME was without serious issues.

Edited by JodyThornton