Dual monitor problem

BoardBabe

I have my HP laptop connected to my 40" Samsung LCD with HMDi on a ATi Mobility Radeon HD3400, latest official ATI Catalyst (9.1) driver.

I mostly use the samsung LCD without opening the laptop. However when win7 boots it boots to max resolution of the laptop LCD and centers as a small screen on the samsung LCD. If i open and close the laptop (force single mode) I can change screen resolution to the desired 1920x1080p.

In vista this is done automaticly. Highres for the samsung, lowres for the HP LCD.

How can I resolve this issue?

Yes. I have the latest CCC (ATI official drivers). They do not have any info whether they support win7 or not, but seems to work. p

roblem is that I have to Open and Close the lid on my laptop for the laptop LCD to be disabled (single monitor mode). This way win recognices only the Samsung 40" and enables max resolution 1920x1080p.

In Vista I can have separate resolutions.

Is the problem, that you aren't able to find where to change the resolution or that the default one is not the native res?

By drivers I meant the samsung ones, not the ATI ones. As obviously the problem is with recognizing the monitor and not the GPU.

Oh I see. The Samsung 40" LCD is a TV, it has no drivers. Its connected with HDMi. Its recognized fine as a Samsung LCD with 1920x1080p resolution when the laptop LCD is disabled. To disable i have to open and close the laptop LCD lid. Before I do this the Samsung LCD can only be set at the max resolution supported by the laptop LCD as they are cloned and both recognized as active.

So the problem is when i bootup my system (using remote ir. laptop closed) I only get 1280x800 (max resolution for the laptop lcd) resolution as a small box on the center of the samsung lcd.

Have you tried setting your desktop to "Extended desktop" instead of clone?

Althoguh the mouse annoyingly now disappears out to the right this solved my problem after a reboot!

Thanks a million for your kind help!!

Edited by BoardBabe