Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Anyone get ATI Remote Wonder working on Win7 x64?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

mchong11

mchong11
  • 3 posts
I just searched my entire hard drive and the Win7 CD and couldn't find it. Can you share it somehow or find out which application had it?

Thanks

MC

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

mchong11

mchong11
  • 3 posts
Actually, nevermind. I went through the steps from the earlier post and got remote wonder 2.5 to work on Windows 7 (64-bit). =)

QBtheKiller

QBtheKiller
  • 3 posts
WinDVD might have been the application that uses those .dll's.......

Fidodido

Fidodido
  • 1 posts
Hey Bilar,

Tnx man, it works like a charm! You made me a happy man :D I hope the 2.5 drivers stays available through time. Tnx again :)

yuchai

yuchai
  • 1 posts

a few rapidshare files in this thread are dead... so I"m not sure if I need them. and I can't find the remote wonder 1-40-**.exe

Here you are. X64 drivers, and ATI remote wonder version 2.5.

I use version 2.5 because when and if Windows explorer.exe crashes, the systray icon will recover; the RW version 1.4 does not.

First install the ATI software. Before rebooting, install the x64 driver. Reboot. The ATI driver package will throw a few errors after reboot, but just ignore them. The RW systray icon should now be present and the remote will be working.

http://cid-a5e73ea9b.....vers|_x64.exe
http://cid-a5e73ea9b...0-0-english.exe

I am going to try this soon on my Win 7 x64 install and want to get it right the first time. Do you plug in the device from the start or do you plug it in at a later stage?

Thanks in advance for your help!

asteigrod

asteigrod
  • 1 posts
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Intel i7 - ASUS P7P55D mobo

This worked for me (shortened version of what's up top)...

Download Remote Wonder software version 1.4 (search google for "remote-wonder-1-40-0-0.exe"). Supposedly, only this version works right.
Download ftp.x10.com/pub/applications/drivers/x10drivers_x64.exe (x10 drivers).

Make sure remote wonder is UNplugged.

Install RW-1.4. Reboot.

After rebooting, plug Remote Wonder into USB port. The Driver Wizard will search, find, and correctly install drivers.

Run "x10drivers_x64.exe." Reboot.

The Remote Wonder icon should now be among the hidden tray icons. Everything works. Only issue is randomly the remote response will drop from the computer, but this seems to be pretty infrequently and just requires a reboot.

kurmud

kurmud
  • 6 posts

Well i did it like this.

Install the x10 drivers then the vista ones (without rebooting :) and finally the 2.5 ati drivers. Might give u some errors, but reboot now. And hopefully it works.

I tried this method after trying Bilar's x10 + 2.5 method a few replies later, but I still am unable to get the rw to work. I got an error, from I think the rw software, after restart, that it was unable to install device drivers or something like that. Then when I tried Badabing's method, above, after rebooting, the new hardware found driver install wizard (the default one in win7), reported that the device driver software did not install successfully.

I might try to uninstall and then reinstall the three things, vista rw plus x64 drivers, x10 drivers, and the 2.5 in a different order.

Under device manager the rw usb dongle shows up as a couple of unknown devices.

I'm using Remote Wonder II on Windows 7 x64

I will first though I guess try asteigrod's 1.4 method above after i break for a bit.

Badabing your rapidshare link earlier in this thread VistaWin7.rar is not working..

Edited by kurmud, 19 March 2010 - 05:46 PM.

kurmud

kurmud
  • 6 posts

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Intel i7 - ASUS P7P55D mobo

This worked for me (shortened version of what's up top)...

Download Remote Wonder software version 1.4 (search google for "remote-wonder-1-40-0-0.exe"). Supposedly, only this version works right.
Download ftp.x10.com/pub/applications/drivers/x10drivers_x64.exe (x10 drivers).

Make sure remote wonder is UNplugged.

Install RW-1.4. Reboot.

After rebooting, plug Remote Wonder into USB port. The Driver Wizard will search, find, and correctly install drivers.

Run "x10drivers_x64.exe." Reboot.

The Remote Wonder icon should now be among the hidden tray icons. Everything works. Only issue is randomly the remote response will drop from the computer, but this seems to be pretty infrequently and just requires a reboot.

Couldn't get this to work either. "After rebooting, plug Remote Wonder into USB port. The Driver Wizard will search, find, and correctly install drivers.". At this point it doesn't find and correctly install drivers. It reports that it found a usb composite device and recognized it successfully, but then finds two more unknown devices for which the driver installation was not successful. Even after installing the x10 drivers and restarting these 2 devices remain as unknown devices in device manager.

Are you using Remote Wonder II? (this is what I'm using)

I checked the rwII dongle and remote on xp, and they aren't broken or anything.

EDIT: i followed up with mugsy's method, [since, as you indicated, asteigrod, your method is encapsulated within his,] unfortunately to no avail! =(. Basically after it restarted the final time, it, (the rw 3.04 software), gave a few errors then gave an error saying it failed trying to install driver software.
Going into device manager there are still the two unknown devices generated after plugging in the dongle, and, after unplugging/replugging the dongle yet again, it is still unable to locate the drivers to install.

If anyone has any hints please let me know. If someone could let me know of the exact driver that was installed, through device manager or some similar manner, maybe I could force it to install a particular driver. I can manually select drivers from the x10 x64 set, but there are so many I don't know which is the right one. Other than that, I think it may have something to do with it being Remote Wonder II.

Edited by kurmud, 22 March 2010 - 03:31 AM.

Bilar Crais

Bilar Crais

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

Other than that, I think it may have something to do with it being Remote Wonder II.

Are you trying to install a Remote Wonder II on Windows 7? It'll never work. While the RW I and RW II share common driver packages and software, internally, the RW II is a completely different animal. The hardware is made by Philips. AFAIK, there is simply no way of using it with Vista/Windows 7. If you still want to go with a Remote Wonder I, they can be had new-in-the-box on eBay for $20-25 bucks.
Biostar A770E3 | AMD Phenom II X4 945 | 4gb WINTEC AMPX 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 | Antec SLK3700-BQE | Zotac (Fermi) Zone Edition GT 430 | ATI RW | W7sp1x64 | (2) DMax 10 6L200SO SATA 7200rpm Striped

kurmud

kurmud
  • 6 posts
"Are you trying to install a Remote Wonder II on Windows 7? "
yeah

"While the RW I and RW II share common driver packages and software,"
yea this is why i thought it may work

"internally, the RW II is a completely different animal."
yes, i was aware of this possibility, and thus the possible likelihood that it would be very difficult to get it to work.

"The hardware is made by Philips."
Zilog does the main controller chips for remote/receiver, though, yea, the USB interface in the receiver dongle is by Philips

"If you still want to go with a Remote Wonder I, they can be had new-in-the-box on eBay for $20-25 bucks."
It's kind of sad that this many-years-old device is still a popular choice for a win7 rf remote; then again, it's also kind of a testament to the quality of these remotes.

Edited by kurmud, 15 April 2010 - 07:20 PM.

bizzybody

bizzybody

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
Which Remote Wonder? There's three different versions. The original Remote Wonder isn't officially supported past XP, which is the main reason I put XP on my homebrew HTPC.

If the RW1 can be made to work in Vista, might be an OS change in the near future for that HTPC.

kurmud

kurmud
  • 6 posts

Which Remote Wonder? There's three different versions. The original Remote Wonder isn't officially supported past XP, which is the main reason I put XP on my homebrew HTPC.

If the RW1 can be made to work in Vista, might be an OS change in the near future for that HTPC.

i believe the remote wonder 1 and remote wonder plus are supportable from xp through to win7 on 32 & 64bit, by following the advice from this thread.

Edited by kurmud, 27 March 2010 - 03:07 PM.

panzemeyer

panzemeyer
  • 1 posts
Hi folks,

To my surprise, I got this good old ATI Remote Wonder to work under Windows 7 x64.

Here's my advice:

1. Unplug the USB reciever (or everything you do will be screwed up).

2. Install x10drivers_x64.exe (downloaded from the official X10 website).

3. Install remote-wonder-1-40-0-0.exe

4. Reboot. You shouldn't get any error message.

5. Plug in your USB reciever. Windows detects the USB device and... recognizes the ATI Remote. Looks good but... the ATI icon is still missing!

6. Reboot again. You should now see the ATI icon. Try moving your mouse cursor with your remote. It should be working.

Samtheman

Samtheman
  • 1 posts
Tried to get mine work for long time too. This http://htpcforum.net...pic.php?f=9&t=6 article has all the files needed to make it work under 64bit w7

justravis

justravis
  • 1 posts
i believe these instructions r for Remote Wonder I. Anybody get Remote Wonder II to work on Win7?

cargo1

cargo1
  • 1 posts
this is how i got my Remote Wonder 1 to work on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. After a fresh install of Windows 7, motherboard and graphics drivers, this is how i did it:

1. Plug in the Remote Wonder USB (I shut off the internet connection first, not sure if it makes a difference though but i didnt let windows update get a new driver for it)

2. Download and install Windows XP 32 bit Remote Wonder 3.04 software (found here ->Remote Control Software (Multilanguage) and then reboot. When you boot up again you will get a few errors from Windows. Just hit ok.

3. Download and install Windows Vista 32 bit Remote Wonder Software (found here -> Remote Control Software for Catalyst™ Media Center and Windows Vista Media Center (limited functionality) After you do that you will see the remote icon in the bottom right hand corner of the taskbar and your remote wonder will now work! :thumbup

You can click the taskbar icon up arrow and choose "show icon and notifications" for it to always appear in the bottom right if you dont see it at first. Im not saying you have to clean install Windows 7 Pro 64 bit but its just how i did it since i just reformatted everything recently. Just follow the 3 steps with the included files and it should work even if you installed Windows a long time ago. If you have another type of Remote Wonder maybe give this a try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN