Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Commands for working with Windows PE 3.0 and the new WAIK

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,710 posts

Donator

I see alot of these walkthroughs contain a change directory. Are you guys running this through the regular command prompt instead of the Win PE Tools Command Prompt?
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3.x | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

ner

ner

• PipPip
  • 266 posts
All I did was to create a bat file (cmd file) and run as admin!
Creates a new CD Image in about 2/3 mins..

I have attached my file for you

Attached Files

Edited by ner, 15 May 2009 - 07:06 AM.

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,710 posts

Donator

OK, its because the batch file uses the standard command interpreter. I wonder if its possible to run a batch file through the PE cmd, since it contains the valid path information.
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

Jazkal

Jazkal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
I just added them to my user or system paths.
Did you RTFM?

SNissen

SNissen
  • 1 posts
I also had the DISM problem mentioned in this thread: when I ran any DISM command, I got the Error: 87, saying the command option was unknown. Not finding the answer anywhere, I found my own solutions. I deduced that the conflict was in one of two areas: 1) bad wimfltr driver from a previous WAIK installation, and/or 2) bad vhd* drivers from VhdMount from Microsoft Virtual Server 2005.

1) Bad wimfltr? When I uninstalled an earlier version of WAIK, it correctly removed the wimfltr.sys driver, but failed to remove the wimfltr.inf file from %windir%\inf. Either uninstall all earlier versions of WAIK (and reboot), or else delete the leftover solitary wimfltr.inf file.

2) Bad vhd*? I had installed just the VhdMount component from the Microsoft Virtual Server 2005, but then didn't have an entry in Control Panel->Programs to uninstall it later. So, download the free Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 SP1, and again install just the VhdMount component. Now uninstall Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 SP1 and reboot. That should remove the vhdbus and vhdstor drivers from %windir%\inf and from %windir%\system32\drivers.

Obviously, before you ever delete any drivers, make sure you have a recovery solution, like a System Restore checkpoint and a recent backup.

Once I performed both these fixes and rebooted, I was able to install the latest WAIK again, and the Error:87 problem was gone.

I hope this information may be helpful to others. Sande

appyface

appyface
  • 5 posts

Sande,

Yes indeed it is! I have been trying all day to learn what is causing error 87 on every single DISM command. It was your #1, bad wimfltr driver left over from a previous WAIK installation. I had uninstalled WAIK for W7, as I needed to install Vista WAIK for my current task.

DISM now running like a champ! :thumbup

Kind regards,
--appyface

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,710 posts

Donator

I am currently working on a guide for WinPE 3.0. It won't be everything you may want, but it will be a start.
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

Brise

Brise
  • 1 posts

Copy D:\MakePE3\Windows\System32\*.* C:\PE\Winpe_x86\Mount\Windows\System32
Copy D:\MakePE3\Icon\*.* C:\PE\Winpe_x86\ISO

What is this?
It's not the KB3AIK_EN cd so what cd/dvd is this?

I try to run your script and I understand that I need some system files...

AmdM

AmdM

• 14 posts
ARGH :realmad:

Im tird of frying my barins out and still not be able to create a 3.o PE disk...

Would someone care to upload one for me pls? :ph34r:

Tx

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,710 posts

Donator

ARGH :realmad:

Im tird of frying my barins out and still not be able to create a 3.o PE disk...

Would someone care to upload one for me pls? :ph34r:

Tx

Uploading one is not possible or legal.

Technet:
http://technet.micro.....28WS.10).aspx
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

jlh

jlh
  • 1 posts

I'm hoping you have something set to notify you of replies since this is several months old.

I was hoping you could give me some more insight into your solution to stop the unknown command issues with dism. I cannot find any reference on my system to the inf file you mentioned in your post (and i don't have virtual server installed).

the only switches that dism will accept on my system is /image and /online everything else results in an error

c:\>dism /mount-wim

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Error: 87

The mount-wim option is unknown.
For more information, refer to the help by running DISM.exe /?.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

Or if anyone else has any information, please do chime in.

Edit:

I was able to get dism to start acting correctly by replacing wimgapi.dll in system32 with the copy found in the waik\tools\[architecture] folder

Edited by jlh, 01 April 2010 - 01:47 PM.

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,710 posts

Donator

Your command is missing a bit. You need to specify more information in order to mount a WIM. Example:

DISM /MOUNT-WIM /WIMFILE:C:\WINPE_X86\ISO\SOURCES\BOOT.WIM /INDEX:1 /MOUNTDIR:C:\WINPE_X86\MOUNT

msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN