Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

WSIM Window 7 build-error simmilar to Windows Vista

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

atolica

atolica

ENT Surgeon

• PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Joined 15-December 05
Hi all

I used WSIM to create an answer file for my Windows 7 beta disk so I could run an unattended installation

I used several sources, msfn and firegeri's guide and everything looks fine until I start to install it. In vmware first, for testing purposes.

During installation or "offlineServicing" step I get a strange error that is not so well documented.

"Windows could not not apply unattend settings during pass [offlineServicing]"

Some pics.

Installation error

Posted Image

WSIM

Posted Image

A section of my answer file looks like this. Here is where everything crumbles

<settings pass="offlineServicing">
		<component name="Microsoft-Windows-PnpCustomizationsNonWinPE" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
			<DriverPaths>
				<PathAndCredentials wcm:keyValue="6a7b2ae4" wcm:action="add">
					<Path>H:\Distribution\Out-of-Box Drivers</Path>
				</PathAndCredentials>
			</DriverPaths>
		</component>
	</settings>
	<cpi:offlineImage cpi:source="wim:h:/distribution/sources/install.wim#Windows 7 ULTIMATE" xmlns:cpi="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:cpi" />
</unattend>

As you can see I removed the "credential" string. The same thing happens if I don't remove it.

Does anyone have a clue?

I post this here because is the same for Vista, no difference what-so-ever when deploying it and the tools used.

I used WAIK 3 beta for this.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by atolica, 15 February 2009 - 02:47 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,845 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

So let's start out with looking at your paths. You specify H:\ which either means you mapped a network drive in a previous action or you are copying off a drive physically connected to the computer at the time of install. I am going to guess that the Setup cannot find the path you are referring to, or is getting denied to connect to it. If this is a network path, try using a UNC path as the Unattended Windows Setup Reference uses as an example.

EDIT: I was confused by the code that you posted, as it included extra info not (immediately) relevant to your post.
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

wonderboy52

wonderboy52
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 16-February 09
Just to make sure if you touch anything to do with a package you will get that error. If you have not touched a package i have no idea

ps: Just get rid of the packages i had the same problem and that fixed it. Also if you try anything of the audit instead of oobe in some of the settings it comes up with an error not being able to find audit.

Edited by wonderboy52, 10 March 2009 - 05:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users