Is this win98se patch for 4gb use a scam?

billyb

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,...escription.html

I've been holding off on installing win98se on some of the more powerful machines here (for use with some older programs I like that won't work at all with xp) because they all have 2gb-4gb of ram

I've been seeing this ad in a few places the past few days and can't figure out if it's a scam or if this is what I need

think the person who wrote the patch has posted on here but the thread was locked because it was technically advertising

I doubt it, awergh. PC world probably came up with their very own version of the Loew patch, or Loew would have his name all over that one. See the last posts of the "Puzzling Registry Size Issue" thread where Loew appears to post without advertising and for how/why the patch works and so YES!! - It appears the patch does seem to work. Now where to pay for it (which patch do you want?) is the decision to be made?

It's true. It works!

It certainly does!

:thumbup

While we're here dencorso, could you update my entry on the list of users running Windows 98 with large amounts of RAM to say that I'm now running version 6.0 of Rudolph Loew's patch.

Thanks, Dave.

:)

• 4 weeks later...
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,...escription.html

I've been holding off on installing win98se on some of the more powerful machines here (for use with some older programs I like that won't work at all with xp) because they all have 2gb-4gb of ram

I've been seeing this ad in a few places the past few days and can't figure out if it's a scam or if this is what I need

The Patch on PC World is my Demo. They probably copied it off Simtel as do a lot of other websites.

I'm not sure why they did not put my name as Author.

The screenshot link points directly into my Website, not theirs.