vLite is dead?

eshield

You don't get what I mean.

I am talking about the end result.

90% of users cannot understand nor are willing to learn how to read the code or how to see a line or 2 of code in several thousand lines that will cause these issues.

While 5-10% of the users will use these means to their advantage. The other 5% will be honest to try and make sure these issues are rectified but by then the damage will already be done.

As for making wrappers for the installer, yeah that can be done but the official website has file size and MD5Hash...

As for making wrappers for the installer, yeah that can be done but the official website has file size and MD5Hash...

And just how many people do you think actually check the hash? I know I didn't

My point was, open sourcing it isn't going to be the end of the world. How many open sourced applications have been rewritten for malicious means? If someone wanted to do some harm, they wouldn't be messing with something as small as vLite, they'd go with something that has a wider appeal. Similar to why virus creators go after Windows users, instead of Linux or OS X

windows 7 need vlite to save space

vista need vlite to boost it

win7 have lots of files folders dupes, all the images contain dupe sometime 4 files are the same

even ms remove few stuff from it its still bloat :wacko:

Edited by aviv00

I am waiting for vlite for previous six months. First three months I m waiting when he gone back to work as his profile shows on vacation & then he came back from vacation & after three months his profile shows on pause. What the bulls*** this is. We are waiting for the release of next vlite version. Open source is much better than a dead one. I felt cheated.

I am waiting for vlite for previous six months. First three months I m waiting when he gone back to work as his profile shows on vacation & then he came back from vacation & after three months his profile shows on pause. What the bulls*** this is. We are waiting for the release of next vlite version. Open source is much better than a dead one. I felt cheated.

DID YOU PAY FOR IT???

WTH is this attitude? Nuhi worked on this and nLite for years without charging for it. He has a life to live now (Seems others expect us developers to not have lives and do all this for free)

Where would you be if all free programs just pulled the plug?

Posts like this give Nuhi justification for taking as long a vacation as he needs...

You should be grateful that he released the program for free in the first place. And anyways... Read what he said above:

I have nothing to say for now, very busy working on a full-time job.

nuhi took the time to write the code, test it, fix bugs filed, and make it the way it is. It is *his* code - all of you whiners can complain elsewhere. If he wants to kill it, so be it.

For fear that someone will whine further, I'm closing this thread. Do *not* create another.

[Closed].