7zip custom icons 32bit & 64bit -updated

bledd

Download and install instructions

Firstly, install 7zip 4.65 from here

^reinstall 7zip if you've used my old reg entry pack..

32bit users

64bit users

Navigate to the 'black' or 'normal' folder, save the dll to your X:\Program Files\7-zip directory, replacing the current file that sits in there -close 7zip before doing this if it is open.

Open 7zip, click Tools, Options, select all, click ok. (untick any filetypes that you don't want 7zip to be the default app for)

Restart PC for icons to be rebuilt.

--------------------------------------------------

info..

After waiting a few years for a 64bit free resource editor, W3bbo from msfn has made one, it's still in beta, but fully functional for the basic use I need from it.

Big thanks to W3bbo, without him, this wouldn't be possible.

--------------------------------------------------

Here is what they look like, I use the black ones in Vista and the normal ones in XP.

normal7z.png

black7z.png

7zblackall.jpg

Each icon has a 48x , 32x and 16x icon, for different folder views

These are the filetypes that I've changed them for.

http://bleddyn.co.uk/7zip/icons/7zNormal64.jpg

http://bleddyn.co.uk/7zip/icons/7zBlack64.jpg

If anyone wants other icons changed too, let me know. I've never seen any of the others in use tbh

I'll have a look now to try and find the default Vista folder icon, so I can make a third set for that too.

When official 7zip updates are released, I'll update the dlls, and the file version number that sits in the same dir. So you can quickly tell if I've released a new version.

Edited by bledd

• 2 months later...

I'm confused. Why use your own DLLs? Wouldn't it be more efficient to make a single Anolis package that can replace the resources as needed? That way when a user updates 7zip, he can simply run the Anolis package again to replace the resources in the 7zip DLL, and that way you're not put in a position where you'll have a lot of disappointed folks in the event that you fail to upgrade your DLLs in a timely manner.

I'm assuming you had already considered that, so I'm mainly curious as to why you decided against it. Your reasons for not creating an Anolis package for the end-user might be of use to W3bbo (and the rest of the Anolis team).

I'm confused. Why use your own DLLs? Wouldn't it be more efficient to make a single Anolis package that can replace the resources as needed? That way when a user updates 7zip, he can simply run the Anolis package again to replace the resources in the 7zip DLL, and that way you're not put in a position where you'll have a lot of disappointed folks in the event that you fail to upgrade your DLLs in a timely manner.

I'm assuming you had already considered that, so I'm mainly curious as to why you decided against it. Your reasons for not creating an Anolis package for the end-user might be of use to W3bbo (and the rest of the Anolis team).

Bledd released his 7z icons before I released Anolis Installer.

But most importantly: I haven't formaly released the tools required to make a package yet. You can get them if you know how to download and build the sources from Codeplex and can read XSD, otherwise you're best holding off until mid-June.

I've seen a lot of people was looking out for Windows Vista or Windows 7 friendly 7-Zip icons, so I've made some just some weeks ago. Here's the link: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/112769053/

I hope you to like it ^^

PS: By the way, I didn't find a better place to post this. If this is not the place just delete the post and tell me were can I post it.

I've seen a lot of people was looking out for Windows Vista or Windows 7 friendly 7-Zip icons, so I've made some just some weeks ago. Here's the link: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/112769053/

I hope you to like it ^^

PS: By the way, I didn't find a better place to post this. If this is not the place just delete the post and tell me were can I post it.

Ooooh, that's nice.

With your permission I'd like to include these in the upcoming release of Vize.

I hope you to like it ^^

Ooooh, that's nice.

With your permission I'd like to include these in the upcoming release of Vize.

change icon color, please. not yellow.

thanks.

sorry my english.

• 1 month later...

guys, find me the Vista compressed folder icon in black and yellow (and whatever other colour), needs to have 48x48, 32x32 and 16x16 icon sizes and I'll make the icons for them