Incorporate languages through nlite

Arun.B

Well i had got this problem since i had formatted my PC with a slipstreamed OS of Windows. But unfortunately that OS is in french and only french. :angry: no other languages has been installed. even the keyboard layout for english has also been removed :angry: . So I'm screwed. :wacko: But I dont want to format again because my PC is running very smooth. the CPU usage is always within 10% and the memory usage is always within 200MBs. but the problem occurs as everything i see is in french. I've changed keyboard layout to french US so I can type these english letters. I've added files named WST_ENGL.FO_ , KBDUS.DLL & KBDUSA.DL_ in its I386 folder trying to create a new XP cd but seems that nlite didn't detect the change :no: .Could you tell how to change the default language to English?? or how to add an english language pack to my OS?? Please Help Me out.

Well i had got this problem since i had formatted my PC with a slipstreamed OS of Windows. But unfortunately that OS is in french and only french. :angry: no other languages has been installed. even the keyboard layout for english has also been removed :angry: . So I'm screwed. :wacko: But I dont want to format again because my PC is running very smooth. the CPU usage is always within 10% and the memory usage is always within 200MBs. but the problem occurs as everything i see is in french. I've changed keyboard layout to french US so I can type these english letters. I've added files named WST_ENGL.FO_ , KBDUS.DLL & KBDUSA.DL_ in its I386 folder trying to create a new XP cd but seems that nlite didn't detect the change :no: .Could you tell how to change the default language to English?? or how to add an english language pack to my OS?? Please Help Me out.

first tell us whether u want to make a new cd with English lang or want eng-us added to ur already installed XP

if it is first case change ur language in winnt.sif file

LanguageGroup=1

SystemLocale="0409"

UserLocale="0409"

manually add required files if deleted and make new iso

as for 2nd option add eng-us lang through control panel\Regional & language option

As far as I know there is no way to transform a running french XP in an english XP. There are tools (MUI Packs) to do the opposite (add "foreign" to an english XP).

As far as I know there is no way to transform a running french XP in an english XP. There are tools (MUI Packs) to do the opposite (add "foreign" to an english XP).

Sorry I could not understand what you want to mean by foreign.btw can u post the link of the MUI pack and how to use them?

first tell us whether u want to make a new cd with English lang or want eng-us added to ur already installed XP

if it is first case change ur language in winnt.sif file

LanguageGroup=1

SystemLocale="0409"

UserLocale="0409"

manually add required files if deleted and make new iso

as for 2nd option add eng-us lang through control panel\Regional & language option

Yes I want to create a new XP cd. I have done what u have instructed but still nlite dont detect the change.Is the change visible only when i'll install this slipstreamed XP? :unsure:

And for the 2nd option only these set of languages are available:

Francais(Belgique),Francais(France),Francais(Luxemborg),Francais(Canada),Francais(Monaco) & Francais(Suisse). Thats why i cant change the system language in english. does downloading of english language pack solve the problem? If yes, pls send me the link