KernelEx 4.5.2

Hello,

1. Windows Me

2. KernelEx 4.0 Final

Problem:

Installing KernelEx 4.0 Final with the Recommended setting of enabling all applications. Upon reboot, the Explorer and Windows crashed.

KernelEx 4.0 Final does not work with another installation option.

KernelEx 4.0 RC2 works very well.

Thank you in advance for your solutions.

Best regards

Edited by gg41

also

how did you get inkscape to work?

Well spotted as I actually can't get it to initialize a GUI but it runs. Latest version that initialize a GUI, albeit you've got to wait a while for it to be there, is version 0.45.1-1.

Latest Gimp runs fully with some crashes and has missing checkboxes in the preferences so not everything is OK.

I haven't spent more time than that with both of those but I have spent a lot of time with GimPhoto which is a very nice fork of Gimp 2.4. It has got only two little problems that also affect Gimp 2.6. The first one is that it is abnormally slow at initilializing and destroying windows. The second is that the default options for brushes is to show the outline of the brush and that it trashes the view when you move the cursor about over the image without actually painting something. Other than that it works beautifully and I have found no fault or bug in any of the functions and tools I have tried so far. I am in the process of dowloading and adding plugins to it right now. Leave me another couple of days and I'll upload an enhanced GimPhoto with all the very good plugins and scripts that aren't already included with it.

Amazing job guys.

Explorer and Windows crashed
Can you specify the error messages?

REGSVR32 has caused an error in Kernel32.dll; verify has caused an error in Kernel32.dll; etc....and PDFXChangeViewer and Adobe Reader 7.09 does not work anymore

Hello,

1. Windows Me

2. KernelEx 4.0 Final

Problem:

Installing KernelEx 4.0 Final with the Recommended setting of enabling all applications. Upon reboot, the Explorer and Windows crashed.

Best regards

I'm also experiencing the same problem as you, but I'm using Win98SE.

REGSVR32 has caused an error in Kernel32.dll; verify has caused an error in Kernel32.dll; etc
That's non-informative. Please write down the error text (crashing address) otherwise it's no use.

Hello,

1. Windows Me

2. KernelEx 4.0 Final

Problem:

Best regards

I'm also experiencing the same problem as you, but I'm using Win98SE.

A DBCS system's problem?

i've not installed it yet :hello:

REGSVR32 has caused an error in Kernel32.dll; verify has caused an error in Kernel32.dll; etc
That's non-informative. Please write down the error text (crashing address) otherwise it's no use.

1. Windows Me

2. KernelEx 4.0 Final

Problem:

1-Installing KernelEx 4.0 Final with the Recommended setting of enabling all applications. Upon reboot, error message :

"Runonce has caused an error in KERNELEX.DLL". The system is blocked and I have to restart in Safe Mode to uninstall KernelEx 4.0 Final

2-Installing KernelEx 4.0 Final with Disable KernelEx extensions. Upon reboot, several error messages :

"Verify has caused an error in KERNELEX.DLL"

"Explorer has caused an error in KERNELEX.DLL"

not start PDFXChangeViewer, error message : "PDFXCVIEW.EXE file is linked to missing export KERNEL32.DLL: SetFilePointerEx"

not start Adobe Reader 7.0.9, error message : "Acrord32 has caused an error in KERNELEX.DLL"

No problem with running KernelEx 4.0 RC2 which works very well

Edited by gg41

Thanks, but it's no use since Me does not show error address :\

oc_dt report is required.

I selected enable all application. After reboot, Explorer has performed an illegal operation with details as follows:

EXPLORER caused an invalid page fault in

module KERNEL32.DLL at 0187:bff766b5.

Registers:

EAX=00570034 CS=0187 EIP=bff766b5 EFLGS=00010202

EBX=00000000 SS=018f ESP=00570000 EBP=00570008

ECX=00000000 DS=018f ESI=00570100 FS=251f

EDX=bff76855 ES=018f EDI=823004f4 GS=0000

Bytes at CS:EIP:

6a 00 68 14 00 2a 00 e8 13 ad ff ff 8b 55 08 8f

Stack dump:

00570034 00570034 0057001c bff766fd 00570034 005701ac 00000000 005701ac bff883ed 00570034 bff79250 00000000 005703dc ffffffff bff76715 00000000

Even as such, there is a message telling me that KernelEx is installed successfully. However, nothing else is functional. I have to uninstall KernelEx in Safemode. I didn't experience such thing in the previous RC2.

oc_dt

I suspect that there could be a conflict with some shell extension on your system. Please use this tool with KernelEx 4.0 RC2: Autoruns to create a report (use export feature).

gg41

Try catching the crash with DrWatson tool.

Install with "Disable KernelEx extensions" option, after initial crashes run drwatson.exe tool, run c:\windows\kernelex\verify.exe, drwatson should catch the crash - create a report then.

[gg41

Try catching the crash with DrWatson tool.

Install with "Disable KernelEx extensions" option, after initial crashes run drwatson.exe tool, run c:\windows\kernelex\verify.exe, drwatson should catch the crash - create a report then.

As you have asked me here is the report of Dr. Watson after the first crash.

I have sent to MP

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

Edited by gg41

:thumbup and the last VLC media player 1.0.0 from Videolan work with this version :yes:

(it dosn't work with the previous versions of KernelEx)

Yes, I can confirm that too.

Xeno, Tihiy, I'm even more impressed guys! :thumbup

Roger that! - All good here!