KernelEx 4.5.2

It's paused / suspended since Xeno86 is busy with diploma and i'm busy back with RP.

Please report critical issues (ex.: broken MSYS) to be fixed in stable release.

It's paused / suspended since Xeno86 is busy with diploma and i'm busy back with RP.

Please report critical issues (ex.: broken MSYS) to be fixed in stable release.

Thank you for the explanation.

I've installed (Win ME, KEX 4,5 beta2, RP9) the K-lite Codec Pack 5.83 without error.

I've installed the K-Lite codec pack 5.90, but no video will play back... Did this work out or you on 5.83?

The Media Player Classic inside doesn't work.

Not sure why that happened, but the latest stable build from their sourceforge page does work: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpc-hc/files/

The one labeled 2009-08-26

Hallo HardDriv'n,

I've tested a little bit. The KMPlayer 2.9.3.1428 seems to work proper with the K-Lite Codec Pack also the Gomplayer 2.2.21. The VLC Player 1.0.3 now doesn't play anything.

The updated WindowsMediaPlayer 9.00.00.4504 and JetAudio 7.1.1 had problems to play mpg.

Tested formats: flv, mpg, mp3, wav, flac, ogg, mp4

K-lite Codec Pack 5.83 Full installed (Media Player Classic HomeCinema 1.3.1752.0 inside doesn't work (missing Export-User32.dll:GetRawInputDeviceList))

The CodecTweakTool starts in Compatibility Mode for Win2000 SP4.

Edited by schwups

Hi,

I was looking at sources, I think vc6 is still not a good idea nowadays, vs 2005 produces executables compatible with win98

but I think mingw would be preferred since you may better control stuff that are linked

I've tried to build kexcore by converting thunks.cpp in a pure att asm but I'm unable to resolve intermodular symbols

unfortunately gcc does not support naked functions so you can't just write the function and then emit asm by using __asm()

about mpc

GetRawInputDeviceList -> return 0

replace other RawInputStuff with stubs, the only code where used is in mplayerc.cpp

void CMPlayerCApp::RegisterHotkeys()
{
RAWINPUTDEVICELIST InputDeviceList[50];
UINT nInputDeviceCount = countof(InputDeviceList);
RID_DEVICE_INFO DevInfo;
RAWINPUTDEVICE MCEInputDevice[] =
{
// usUsagePage usUsage dwFlags hwndTarget
{ 0xFFBC, 0x88, 0, NULL},
{ 0x000C, 0x01, 0, NULL},
{ 0x000C, 0x80, 0, NULL}
};

// Register MCE Remote Control raw input
for (int i=0; i<countof(MCEInputDevice); i++)
MCEInputDevice[i].hwndTarget = m_pMainWnd->m_hWnd;

nInputDeviceCount = GetRawInputDeviceList (InputDeviceList, &nInputDeviceCount, sizeof(RAWINPUTDEVICELIST));
for (int i=0; i<nInputDeviceCount; i++)
{
UINT nTemp = sizeof(DevInfo);
if (GetRawInputDeviceInfo (InputDeviceList[i].hDevice, RIDI_DEVICEINFO, &DevInfo, &nTemp)>0)
{
if (DevInfo.hid.dwVendorId == 0x00000471 && // Philips HID vendor id
DevInfo.hid.dwProductId == 0x00000617) // IEEE802.15.4 RF Dongle (SRM 7500)
{
MCEInputDevice[0].usUsagePage = DevInfo.hid.usUsagePage;
MCEInputDevice[0].usUsage = DevInfo.hid.usUsage;
GetRemoteControlCode = GetRemoteControlCodeSRM7500;
}
}
}

RegisterRawInputDevices (MCEInputDevice, countof(MCEInputDevice), sizeof(RAWINPUTDEVICE));

if (m_s.fGlobalMedia)
{
POSITION pos = m_s.wmcmds.GetHeadPosition();

while(pos)
{
wmcmd& wc = m_s.wmcmds.GetNext(pos);
if (wc.appcmd != 0)
RegisterHotKey(m_pMainWnd->m_hWnd, wc.appcmd, 0, GetVKFromAppCommand (wc.appcmd));
}
}
}

Also I'm curious about the hook works, it's a replacement of kernel32? it is possible to make it works as "light" version, I mean a loader that will inject a dll

with missing stubs?

I already made some compatibility stuff, that may be usefull

http://clamwin.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=clamwin/clamav-win32.git;a=tree;f=contrib/msvc/src/dllmain;h=a59d356c3f1b369e1a13f2c02cb39d781b854610;hb=HEAD

also consider interacting with reactos/wine projects :D

Edited by sherpya

The Orban AAC/AACPlus plugin is the best way to play AACPlus media files in Windows Media Player or other directshow player. To install the Orban AAC/AACPlus Windows Media Player Plugin for win9x/me:

To be installed and run, the Orban plugin requires that GDIPlus.dll first be installed (downloaded from http://www.mdgx.com/upd98me.php). The Orban plugin is currently available from several download sites, including http://www.free-codecs.com/AAC_aacPlus_Player_Plugin_download.htm .

The Orban plugin installer program may require Windows 2000/XP compatibility in order to run. Once installed, modify the Windows Registry as follows:

Find this registry key: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\KernelEx\AppSettings\Configs ".

Add the following string to this registry key: "C:\Program Files\Orban\AAC-aacPlus Plugin\aacpParser.dll"

Enter the following string value for this string: "WINXP"

Reboot.

Remember, I (and some other people) wrote about errors during reboot and shutdown? It seems that I found when they are reproduced. They are reproduced usually when I shutdown or reboot with usb storage device plugged in. As my hdd is just 1.7 Gb, it is often plugged in all the time, when I shutdown or reboot. I'm using NUSB 3 (as I remember, 3.3) and I have USB 1.1 ports, not USB 2. It seems, the error is not reproduced without KernelEx installed.

After installing RP 9.5 (I don't know if this is the reason) I've encountered an error, which I never had before - CrystalPlayer 1.98 crashed in kexbases.dll. It is Win98 compatible application and works without KernelEx. I have been using it all the time and it always worked OK. Now after this crash I have disabled KernelEx for it, and I have not tested if the error is reproducible.

Program CRYSTAL caused an error accessing stack (this is my translation from russian)

in module KEXBASES.DLL at 0187:bfa41c4e.

Registers:

EAX=7fc63660 CS=0187 EIP=bfa41c4e EFLGS=00010282

EBX=09ecffbc SS=018f ESP=09ecf000 EBP=09ecf018

ECX=09ecf038 DS=018f ESI=09ecf350 FS=55a7

EDX=00000020 ES=018f EDI=7fc63681 GS=0000

Bytes at address CS:EIP:

50 8b 4d 08 51 ff 15 2c 42 a5 bf 85 c0 74 0a b8

Stack data:

00000020 09ecf038 00000000 81846528 00000070 00000000 09ecf06c 7fc5348a ffffffff 7fc63660 00000020 09ecf038 00000000 81849164 81849120 7fc39ae0

Edited by M()zart

Please add PrintWindow function to the KernelEx. It seems, it is the last missing import for Aston Menu. Not sure if Aston Menu will work, but I think it worth trying. PrintWindow implementation from Wine should be OK, as I see. May be just replace SendMessageW with SendMessageA, because there are no strings to send.

Upd: Well, I tried to do this, but Aston menu crashes. So may be there is no need for this function...

Edited by M()zart

Lunascape web browser 6.1.3 portable works with KernelEX 4.5 beta 2.

Gecko rendering engine can't show web pages properly at XP mode, so I use 2000 mode instead.

Trident rendering engine works as IE without major problem.

WebKit rendering engine fails to show East Asian characters, and error messages about RPCRT4.dll and MSVCR80.dll appear when I close browser.

http://www.lunascape.tv/

Edited by halohalo

I played with KernelEx 4.5 yesterday and successfully installed Mozilla Seamonkey 2.0.4 and BOCHS PC emulator 2.4.5. Good work.

Did you have to do anything special to get Seamonkey 2.0.4 to install? Does it work well and does Seamonkey 2 have the same problem with printing that Firefox 3.6 has? Thanks and good work on your part!